Site management changes

Official announcements from the creators

Re: Site management changes

Postby super_dipsy » 26 Jun 2019, 12:57

Gosh :oops:

Thanks everyone. I shall surely appear as a player now and then :) and I'll never be far away
super_dipsy
Premium Member

Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: (1000)
All-game rating: (931)
Timezone: GMT

Postby Custer » 26 Jun 2019, 15:46

OK, awesome! I look forward to playing you finally at some point. Only been 10 years!

LOL

The SHIV
First..........get off my lawn! Second........it's a dashing self portrait! Courtesy of The Craw. Third.....I am still SHIV, Keeper of the Stone Tablets! Go Pack! And behold the power of cheese!
Custer
Premium Member

Location: Sailing somewhere in Da U.P. in Da Whitehawk and an original Yooper!
Standard rating: 1069
All-game rating: 1107
Timezone: GMT-6

Postby Custer » 26 Jun 2019, 15:47

And thank you for all that you've done over the years. This site couldn't be where it is without you.

The SHIV
First..........get off my lawn! Second........it's a dashing self portrait! Courtesy of The Craw. Third.....I am still SHIV, Keeper of the Stone Tablets! Go Pack! And behold the power of cheese!
Custer
Premium Member

Location: Sailing somewhere in Da U.P. in Da Whitehawk and an original Yooper!
Standard rating: 1069
All-game rating: 1107

Postby AKFD » 27 Jun 2019, 06:31

super_dipsy wrote:Gosh :oops:

Thanks everyone. I shall surely appear as a player now and then :) and I'll never be far away

Hope we get to see you again in games Dipsy!
Silver Classicist! (well, I used to be one)

Apparently "the biggest GoT fan" (@Pootleflump)

Have fun on this website. Signing off.
AKFD

Class: Diplomat
Standard rating: 834
All-game rating: 772
Timezone: GMT+8

Postby Fatmo » 28 Jun 2019, 01:29

The Claw!

And Dipsy you've been a great mod. Now you can just hang around in the blues corner.

Haha for selfish reasons I'd love to see you keep hunting for cheaters, because I love how brutal you are. I feel like all cheater hunters should have "The Emperor is not as forgiving as I am" in their sigs.
You don't know what I'm thinking...because I don't know what I'm doing.

Conq wrote:Fatmo — you are a relentless mountain stream, ever-flowing, slowly but surely carving away at the rock face below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jjEgjTfcEJk
Fatmo

Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: (1089)
All-game rating: (1050)
Timezone: GMT-8

Postby Latanst1 » 28 Jun 2019, 02:28

Congratulations to one and all.
To those leaving some responsibilities behind: well done on maintaining this excellent site.
To those taking on new responsibilities: we look forward to the continuing high quality that makes this site and community so great!

super_dipsy wrote:Two good pieces of news!

First off, after 10 years of dealing with the development side of the site, I am passing the baton over to Nopunin10did! He has kindly agreed to take over responsibility for the code, and I am sure this will be good news for the site. Nopun will bring a fresh outlook which I think will make the site even better than it is now.

Second, Aeschines has agreed to become our newest site Moderator! With wokr and real life committments sapping our Mods team, we are always on the lookout for good people and Aeschines fits the bill. He will continue his PbF efforts, taking the lead there now that Nopun has taken on the development stuff, and will also act as a general Mod for the site.

Thank you so much you two for volunteering. This is how this site continues to be the best, through the dedication of its volunteers.
Latanst1
Premium Member

Standard rating: 1087
All-game rating: 1168
Timezone: GMT+9

Postby UM85 » 28 Jun 2019, 03:07

Thank you, Dipsy, for all your efforts. They are so much appreciated.

And thank you, Aeschines and NoPun, for stepping to the plate.
UM85

Standard rating: (1316)
All-game rating: (1318)

Postby sinnybee » 28 Jun 2019, 09:26

AKFD wrote:
NoPunIn10Did wrote:Thanks, everyone.

Dipsy leaves behind some big shoes to fill, and I'm very thankful that he'll be sticking around in an advisory capacity for a while.

One change we're looking to make will be to separate the roles of Site Administrator into two different roles: Head Site Developer and Head Moderator. I'm taking on the Head Site Developer role, but we're still ironing out the details for who will handle the Head Moderator side. That was frankly too much for any one person, particularly a volunteer, to take on. I'm amazed at how Dipsy was able to handle those roles simultaneously for so many years.

I hope everyone will give me some time and patience as I step into this new challenge. Thanks for bearing with me, and thanks for this opportunity.

Probably Aeschines can fill that...

Unless he's the forum Mod.

lol what? You're volunteering Aeschines to be Head Mod?
NoPun is probably looking for someone who already has experience being a global mod here.
Probably someone who would rill a role similar to what rick.leeds did--one step in authority above a global mod.

I think the King of Karma, TheCraw, should be considered for a mod position, he did an amazing job as a global mod back in the day.

Thank you NoPun and Aeschines for stepping up to the plate :)

Last but certainly not least, THANK YOU DIPSY FOR ALL YOUR SERVICE!!!
Gold Classicist since 1-11-11
FT Asst GM of 35 player WWIV Aug 2011-Feb 2012
#1 ranked player of playdip early 2013
4th highest forum karma count at Apr 2013 ending (behind Craw, Dipsy, and Rick)
Tournament Director of the 31 game PDVT Feb-Dec 2014, the first playdip tourney with over 100 sign-ups
sinnybee

Standard rating: (1332)
All-game rating: (1467)
Timezone: GMT-7

Postby AKFD » 28 Jun 2019, 09:59

sinnybee wrote:
AKFD wrote:
NoPunIn10Did wrote:Thanks, everyone.

Dipsy leaves behind some big shoes to fill, and I'm very thankful that he'll be sticking around in an advisory capacity for a while.

One change we're looking to make will be to separate the roles of Site Administrator into two different roles: Head Site Developer and Head Moderator. I'm taking on the Head Site Developer role, but we're still ironing out the details for who will handle the Head Moderator side. That was frankly too much for any one person, particularly a volunteer, to take on. I'm amazed at how Dipsy was able to handle those roles simultaneously for so many years.

I hope everyone will give me some time and patience as I step into this new challenge. Thanks for bearing with me, and thanks for this opportunity.

Probably Aeschines can fill that...

Unless he's the forum Mod.

lol what? You're volunteering Aeschines to be Head Mod?
NoPun is probably looking for someone who already has experience being a global mod here.
Probably someone who would rill a role similar to what rick.leeds did--one step in authority above a global mod.

I think the King of Karma, TheCraw, should be considered for a mod position, he did an amazing job as a global mod back in the day.

Thank you NoPun and Aeschines for stepping up to the plate :)

Last but certainly not least, THANK YOU DIPSY FOR ALL YOUR SERVICE!!!

Ah, you mean rick.leeds like?

Yeah, TheCraw is fit for the job imo.
Silver Classicist! (well, I used to be one)

Apparently "the biggest GoT fan" (@Pootleflump)

Have fun on this website. Signing off.
AKFD

Standard rating: 834
All-game rating: 772
Timezone: GMT+8

Postby Don Juan of Austria » 28 Jun 2019, 11:48

Oh wow. Big things happening. Thank you Dipsy for everything you've done and contributed to PlayDip!
"In everything, moderation". ~Aristotle
A proud member of the Whippersnappers,
Bronze Classicists,
Lancer in the PBF cavalry.

Mild Hiatus.
Don Juan of Austria
Premium Member

Standard rating: 1051
All-game rating: 1148
Timezone: GMT-5

PreviousNext