Valhalla Play-by-Forum (PbF) 2018 Awards!

Official announcements from the creators

Valhalla Play-by-Forum (PbF) 2018 Awards!

Postby super_dipsy » 17 Feb 2019, 08:33

Since we have a lot of people who enjoy playing forum-based variants in the Play-by-Forum section of the forum, we are going to start annual awards presentations, the Valhalla PbF Awards! EDIT: Actually, we have been running the awards for 4 years! :oops: Shows how much I know!

For those of you who have never played PbF, this section of the forum provides a place where new variants can be tried out and old ones can be played, all under a human GM with communications and turn resolutions carried out through Private Messages on the forum. Even if you never play there, it serves a useful purpose for all our players because it is a great place to try out and validate new variants (eg in terms of balance) before launching them on the main site.

Anyway, all the information on the awards can be found here https://www.playdiplomacy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=59314. Congratulations to all the lucky award winners, who I am sure will eagerly be awaiting their trophies and cheques in the post :P
super_dipsy
Premium Member

Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: (1000)
All-game rating: (931)
Timezone: GMT

Re: Valhalla Play-by-Forum (PbF) 2018 Awards!

Postby Don Juan of Austria » 17 Feb 2019, 11:53

My mail box is just stuffed full of those checks. ;)
"In everything, moderation". ~Aristotle
A proud member of the Whippersnappers,
Bronze Classicists,
Lancer in the PBF cavalry.

Mild Hiatus.
Don Juan of Austria
Premium Member

Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: 1051
All-game rating: 1148
Timezone: GMT-5

Postby Woolgie » 17 Feb 2019, 12:23

There is one new game looking to get going in the forum right now.

(Shameless plug)

This will be the first time this variant has been played on PlayDip and there are still three spaces left.

Introducing Star Wars: Order 66 https://www.playdiplomacy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=253&t=59178
Jon Stark in Diplomacy of Ice and Fire III - Winter is coming
GMing my Star Wars variant
Still proud of my solo in Versailles Fog Chaos
Woolgie
Premium Member

Standard rating: 1043
All-game rating: 927
Timezone: GMT

Postby NoPunIn10Did » 17 Feb 2019, 15:00

This is the fourth year of the awards; Alman and Nanooktheeskimo had run them in past years. They may not have thought to ask for a link in the general announcements section (which we all really appreciate).

When there’s a human being acting as GM, the sky’s the limit in terms of interesting game mechanics that can be added to the core Dip rules. We hope more players will come and seek us out.

And though we use the Forum as a permanent hosting spot, we are now setting up almost all games with Discord servers to allow for much more fluid (and mobile-compatible) conversation.
Forum Admin & New Variant Development Assistant

Variant GM & Designer
NoPunIn10Did

Standard rating: (1000)
All-game rating: (1466)
Timezone: GMT-5

Return to Announcements