UPDATE: Missing Email Workaround

Official announcements from the creators

Re: UPDATE: Email Relief in Sight

Postby Z19 » 06 Apr 2020, 04:38

Hey, just as an FYI still experiencing issues with getting new players confirmed. Really unfortunate because with all the COVID-19 stay at home orders this is the perfect time to introduce new players and get reacquainted for folks who haven’t played in a while. Hope you manage to get it fixed, otherwise I may have to go find an alternative for my friends and I to play on. Best of luck!
Z19

Class: Diplomat
Standard rating: 863
All-game rating: 900
Timezone: GMT-5

Re: UPDATE: Email Relief in Sight

Postby NoPunIn10Did » 06 Apr 2020, 05:05

Z19 wrote:Hey, just as an FYI still experiencing issues with getting new players confirmed. Really unfortunate because with all the COVID-19 stay at home orders this is the perfect time to introduce new players and get reacquainted for folks who haven’t played in a while. Hope you manage to get it fixed, otherwise I may have to go find an alternative for my friends and I to play on. Best of luck!

If you read the opening post, you'll see there's a workaround currently being used while the company implements the email server shift.

I've personally verified over 200 accounts in the past week or thereabouts.
Forum Admin & New Variant Development Assistant

Variant GM & Designer
NoPunIn10Did

Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: (1000)
All-game rating: (1466)
Timezone: GMT-5

Re: UPDATE: Missing Email Workaround

Postby Iamnobody » 09 Apr 2020, 03:11

I don't know if there has been any server change yet, but I've noticed that emailing are coming in more regularly in the past couple of days.
Heptarchy XVI - Wales - 6-way draw winner
Days of Enlightenment II - Sweden - 8-way draw winner
Blitzkrieg 4 - UK - Survivor
Iamnobody

Standard rating: 1119
All-game rating: 1128
Timezone: GMT-6

Re: UPDATE: Missing Emails & Partial Workaround

Postby Latanst1 » 10 Jul 2020, 10:26

Just FYI but email notifications to my account of game phase and related changes stopped appearing about 2-3 days ago. I have reset the account, etc. but still no joy. If per previous experience everything begins again in a couple of days, I will let you know. Otherwise, I am checking the games themselves every few hours. I am also waiting for some new game announcement notifications so I am also checking 'Pending Games' to be safe.

If the situation continues for another week or so, I will let you know.

By the way, forum notifications (subscriptions) are still coming into my mailbox. It is only game phase changes that are not being received.

FYI in case this is a wider problem.

Best wishes,
Latanst

NoPunIn10Did wrote:
Putski wrote:Somehow, I am getting the emails again, thanks for all efforts!

I would love to say I've done something to fix it, but I haven't. Maybe the site owners are fixing something behind the scenes.

In any case, I'll give it a little more time before I update the post to say the problem has eased.
Latanst1
Premium Member

Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: 1087
All-game rating: 1157
Timezone: GMT+9

Re: UPDATE: Missing Email Workaround

Postby super_dipsy » 11 Jul 2020, 07:27

Hmm.

Before I went away, a year ago or so, I had some notification code working which would do things like send you a notification as an alternative to getting an email. So it would ping on your phone or whatever. If the email issue is so much of a problem, I do wonder whether it might be worth re-awakening that. I'm not sure how people would feel about that though. Would that be a help at all? I was originally thinking of it as something that would happen if you are less than one hour from a deadline or something, but maybe things like a notification that you have 24 hours to confirm or something would make sense?
super_dipsy
Premium Member

Standard rating: (1000)
All-game rating: (931)
Timezone: GMT

Previous

Return to Announcements