Reconquista! Beginning...

A four-player game of set in Iberia in 1150. Created and introduced to the site by Thomas Blazevic (Magmaniac). GM: Magmaniac. Inconclusive ending.

Re: Reconquista! Confirmation phase

Postby Robert Gesualdo » 21 Jun 2011, 14:56

Confirmed.
Retired.
Robert Gesualdo

Class: Diplomat
All-game rating: (882)
Timezone: GMT-5

Postby Dupey » 21 Jun 2011, 15:02

Confirmed....
Dupey

Postby musashisamurai » 21 Jun 2011, 15:52

confirmed as a reserve. And Magmaniac, I thought Id saw ur name on the list of players so I was wondering who it would be. I was gonna say that if there werent anyone willing, I would do it, but then youd need a new reserve.
¸,,¸_____}\,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,...,,,,,,
`’’´¯¯¯¯¯}/’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’¨¨¨¯
The simulacrum is never that which conceals the truth-it is the truth which conceals that there is none. The simulacrum is true.
musashisamurai

All-game rating: (1000)

Postby Magmaniac » 22 Jun 2011, 00:19

To see the whole map, you should right click on it and click "open image in new tab" or whatever variant of that your browser has. The right part of it is cut off when embedded in the forum.
Magmaniac

Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: (1000)
Timezone: GMT-6

Re: Reconquista! Beginning...

Postby Dupey » 22 Jun 2011, 00:56

so what are the countries?
Dupey

Postby ArcticFox » 22 Jun 2011, 19:33

Dont know if someone said this already but it should be 13 SCs for victory (50% rounded down +1)
ArcticFox

Timezone: GMT

Postby Pedros » 22 Jun 2011, 20:23

Magmaniac wrote:To see the whole map, you should right click on it and click "open image in new tab" or whatever variant of that your browser has. The right part of it is cut off when embedded in the forum.

I find some browsers don't offer this. I always save the image to my desktop - then it's always there when I'm thinking about plans and orders, and using paintdotnet I can enlarge it pretty much as far as necessary as well
"Sooner or later, one of us will stab the other. But for now we're both better off as allies" (kininvie)
Pedros

Location: Somewhere full of gorse and brambles, West Cornwall
Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: (1085)
All-game rating: (1314)
Timezone: GMT

Postby Magmaniac » 23 Jun 2011, 11:26

Pedros wrote:
Magmaniac wrote:To see the whole map, you should right click on it and click "open image in new tab" or whatever variant of that your browser has. The right part of it is cut off when embedded in the forum.

I find some browsers don't offer this. I always save the image to my desktop - then it's always there when I'm thinking about plans and orders, and using paintdotnet I can enlarge it pretty much as far as necessary as well

Really? I can't imagine any modern web browser without a feature like that. :P Though I do also save images of maps often when I'm playing in a forum game.

ArcticFox wrote:Dont know if someone said this already but it should be 13 SCs for victory (50% rounded down +1)

No way. Almohads would start out with only 4 centers needed for victory, plus this map doesn't really have any serious stalemate lines, so the victory # doesn't need to be that low. Just because standard diplomacy has the 50%+1 required for winning doesn't mean every map should, the standard map can be split right down the middle in a huge series of stalemate lines.
Magmaniac

Standard rating: (1000)
Timezone: GMT-6

Postby musashisamurai » 23 Jun 2011, 15:21

Magmaniac wrote:ArcticFox wrote:
Dont know if someone said this already but it should be 13 SCs for victory (50% rounded down +1)

No way. Almohads would start out with only 4 centers needed for victory, plus this map doesn't really have any serious stalemate lines, so the victory # doesn't need to be that low. Just because standard diplomacy has the 50%+1 required for winning doesn't mean every map should, the standard map can be split right down the middle in a huge series of stalemate lines.

makes Russia seem small. Anyways, I thought that the winner would have something to do with when the Moors get kicked.
¸,,¸_____}\,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,...,,,,,,
`’’´¯¯¯¯¯}/’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’¨¨¨¯
The simulacrum is never that which conceals the truth-it is the truth which conceals that there is none. The simulacrum is true.
musashisamurai

Postby Morg » 24 Jun 2011, 22:06

Has Leon been replaced?

Magmaniac wrote:Pedros wrote:Magmaniac wrote:To see the whole map, you should right click on it and click "open image in new tab" or whatever variant of that your browser has. The right part of it is cut off when embedded in the forum.I find some browsers don't offer this. I always save the image to my desktop - then it's always there when I'm thinking about plans and orders, and using paintdotnet I can enlarge it pretty much as far as necessary as well

Shortly after asking about that, I found out that by reducing the zoom of the tab to 75% I could seen the whole map. Know I know 3 ways to see everything. Awesome.
"He says there are no easy answers. I say he's not looking hard enough!"
Morg

Standard rating: (1428)
All-game rating: (1561)
Timezone: GMT-8

Previous

Return to Reconquista {All Maps Visible}