New Mentor Game - STARTED Jan. 22nd

If you are new to the site, and especially if you are new to the game, this might be a good way to start some games. Mentors will help with the mechanics of the game.

Moderator: WHSeward

Re: New Mentor Game - Target Start Date Jan. 22nd

Postby Machiara » 19 Jan 2018, 02:51

Well, I've had a curiously-tepid response from the priority players. Since the deadline for priority players to respond has passed, I've now sent DMs to the following FCFS players:

LostPaddle
SoupGonzalez
warlord106
johnc50
justin martyr

The first five of you between the FCFS and priority players to respond to my DM will be in the game. Should I not hear from five of you by the end of the day Friday, I'll send out invites to the rest of the FCFS list.

And if you're interested in being part of a mentored game, just indicate that interest here and you'll be added to the FCFS list. You may not get into this game but you will have priority status for the one starting in early February. If you act now. Operators are standing by!
Personally I'm always ready to learn, although I do not always like being taught.

No idea is so outlandish that it should not be considered with a searching but at the same time a steady eye.

The pessimist sees difficulty in every opportunity. The optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.
Machiara

Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: (1961)
All-game rating: (1992)
Timezone: GMT-8

Postby Chops1970 » 20 Jan 2018, 03:52

Hi

I would like to play in next available Mentor game - Feb. I have never played before or been on a online game of any sort!!!!

Phil
Chops1970

Class: Diplomat
Standard rating: (953)
All-game rating: (957)
Timezone: GMT

Postby Machiara » 20 Jan 2018, 20:19

Hello all prospective mentees!

All right, we have five players signed up for the Jan. 22 mentor game I'm running. That means there are two spots left.

So I'm sending out some more DM invites to the first come, first serve list. At this point I will have sent DMs to more people than I have spots available, so those spots will go to the first two people to sign up. Just because I've sent you a password doesn't guarantee you a spot; you need to go to the game and sign up. Time is of the essence!
Personally I'm always ready to learn, although I do not always like being taught.

No idea is so outlandish that it should not be considered with a searching but at the same time a steady eye.

The pessimist sees difficulty in every opportunity. The optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.
Machiara

Postby Chops1970 » 20 Jan 2018, 20:57

Hi

Been trying to send messages not sure your getting them?

Phil
Chops1970

Standard rating: (953)
All-game rating: (957)
Timezone: GMT

Postby Machiara » 20 Jan 2018, 21:01

I got them. Sent you the password.

Machiara

Postby Machiara » 21 Jan 2018, 00:19

This mentor game has entered the confirmation period. We currently have the following players:

Philip Darlim - not confirmed
willie23 - not confirmed
warlord106 - not confirmed
johnc50 - not confirmed
Justin Martyr - confirmed
Chops1970 - confirmed
pandacow999 - confirmed

If you're one of the four who hasn't confirmed please do so when you can. Once everyone has confirmed we will be off! I'm looking forward to it.

If you aren't one of the Chosen Seven then fear not! There will be another mentor game slated to begin February 5. So if you want to get your name on that list just post here and your new mentor--the legendary jay65536--shall take it from there.

Machiara

Postby Ivan Konev » 21 Jan 2018, 15:20

I'd love to join the mentor game on the 22nd of January, I've never played the game myself but one of my friends told me about it. I'm very interested and have time enough, so learn me your ways! ;)
Ivan Konev

Postby Philip Darlim » 22 Jan 2018, 01:48

What's the procedures if the game's start is not confirmed?
"Diplomacy is therefore much simpler than most wargames in its small number of spaces. I think the game should be as simple as possible." Allan Calhamer

Aspiring Classicist
Philip Darlim

Standard rating: (965)
All-game rating: (967)
Timezone: GMT-5

Postby Machiara » 22 Jan 2018, 04:33

The person(s) who has/have not confirmed get kicked, I invite other people, and we go through the confirmation process again.

Hoping we won't have to do that but we'll see.

Machiara

Re: New Mentor Game - STARTED Jan. 22nd

Postby Machiara » 22 Jan 2018, 19:20

The Jan. 22nd mentor game has begun! Please sign up here to get on the list for the Feb. 5 game.

-Mach

Machiara

PreviousNext

Return to Mentoring