New Mentor Game - STARTED Jan. 22nd

If you are new to the site, and especially if you are new to the game, this might be a good way to start some games. Mentors will help with the mechanics of the game.

Moderator: WHSeward

New Mentor Game - STARTED Jan. 22nd

Postby Machiara » 16 Jan 2018, 07:01

My mentor game has now started, with the following players involved:

Philip Darlim
willie23
warlord106
johnc50
Justin Martyr
Chops1970
pandacow999

I invited the following priority players, who failed to respond:

AppleSavannah
CromCruach
Kamato

The following priority player responded but did not join the game:

Dahyun the tofu

Here is the remaining FCFS list, who will be priority players for the next game (starting Feb. 5th). If you were a priority player in this game who failed to respond, you will need to sign up again to get back on the list. If you are interested in becoming part of a mentor game, please respond here and you will be added to the priority list and/or first-come-first-served list for the next game in the order of your responses.

LostPaddle
SoupGonzalez
thinstardust
Ivan Konev
PedroSilva
CONZ

Good gaming, everyone!

-Machiara

Hello all prospective mentees! It is I, Machiara, one of your hard-working mentors, and I have taken up the task of running the January 22 mentor game.

What is a mentor game, you may ask? Mentor games are for beginners to play together and learn the basics of Diplomacy and how the website interface works with an experienced player (in this case, me) available to answer questions. Any player that thinks they might benefit from a teaching game is welcome:

• Looking to play your first game?
• Have played before, but it was some time ago and feel rusty?
• New to PlayDip and want to get used to the interface?
• Been on site for awhile and would like some pointers?

All are welcome! We ask only that you commit to seeing the game through to completion, because leaving a game partway through disrupts the experience for the remaining players. The duration of Diplomacy games can vary widely, but you can expect to be in the game for about two months if you do well. Should unforeseen life circumstances mean you need to quit, please let us know a.s.a.p. so that we can line up a replacement, rather than abandoning the game without notice.

If you are interested in playing, either reply in this thread or use the site PM system to contact me. This game is targeted to begin on 22nd of January, but we will start whenever we get a full set of seven players. If you sign up on this thread but don't get a place, you will get priority in the next mentor game.

The sign up information for our current mentor game is below:

Game No.: 139573
Game Name: Into the Breach!
Deadlines: 2 days for orders, 1 day for retreats, 1 day for builds

I will be sending out passwords in a couple of days.

Priority New Players (will receive invite this game):
Dray888dyoc
AppleSavannah
CromCruach
Kamato
Philip Darlim
Willie23
Dahyun the tofu

First-come, first-served players (will receive invite in listed order should a priority player not join the game or confirm promptly, and will be priority players for the February 5 mentor game led by jay6553):

LostPaddle
SoupGonzalez
warlord106
johnc50
justin martyr
pandacow999
thinstardust
Chops1970
Ivan Konev
PedroSilva
Last edited by Machiara on 24 Jan 2018, 00:19, edited 9 times in total.
Personally I'm always ready to learn, although I do not always like being taught.

No idea is so outlandish that it should not be considered with a searching but at the same time a steady eye.

The pessimist sees difficulty in every opportunity. The optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.
Machiara

Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: (1961)
All-game rating: (1992)
Timezone: GMT-8

Re: New Mentor Game - Target Start Date Jan. 22nd

Postby Machiara » 16 Jan 2018, 19:13

I have sent all the priority players a DM, so if you are a priority player and are still interested in participating in a mentor game please respond. If you do not respond by end of the day tomorrow I will begin contacting players on the first-come first-serve list.
Personally I'm always ready to learn, although I do not always like being taught.

No idea is so outlandish that it should not be considered with a searching but at the same time a steady eye.

The pessimist sees difficulty in every opportunity. The optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.
Machiara

Postby warlord106 » 17 Jan 2018, 15:56

I would like to join this game on the 22nd if possible. If not, I will be happy to wait for the next mentor game. This would be my first time playing ever. Thank you very much for your time.
warlord106

Class: Diplomat
Standard rating: (928)
All-game rating: (934)
Timezone: GMT

Postby General Jumbo » 18 Jan 2018, 00:11

I would be interested in this game, and failing that, any upcoming mentored game - it would be my first.
General Jumbo
Oldie - Silver Classicist
General Jumbo
Premium Member

Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: 860
All-game rating: 863

Postby Machiara » 18 Jan 2018, 00:43

Have added you two to the FCFS list. I'm not getting a lot of response from the priority group, so keep an eye on your inbox, I may be sending you an invite tomorrow.

Machiara

Postby Justin Martyr » 18 Jan 2018, 04:41

I have not played for a few decades and am a new member of the site. I would love to join the first available mentor game.
Justin Martyr

Standard rating: (978)
All-game rating: (984)
Timezone: GMT-5

Postby Machiara » 18 Jan 2018, 06:19

You're on the list, St. Justin. :)

Machiara

Postby pandacow999 » 18 Jan 2018, 07:00

I would like to join.
pandacow999

Standard rating: (979)
All-game rating: (980)
Timezone: GMT-7

Postby thinstardust » 18 Jan 2018, 07:28

I would like to join the mentor game. I have never played Diplomacy online or face to face. Would love to learn

Thanks
thinstardust

Postby Machiara » 18 Jan 2018, 07:30

You guys are on the list!

Machiara

Next

Return to Mentoring