Submarines! (4 of 7)

New games taking their initial sign-ups and active games needing replacements / reserves.

Moderator: Morg

Re: Submarines! (3 of 7)

Postby hsiale » 10 Aug 2020, 18:24

Custer wrote:I'll lure them in with some cheese

A mouse trap?
hsiale

Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: 995
All-game rating: 996
Timezone: GMT+1

Postby Custer » 10 Aug 2020, 23:54

Not just any mousetrap.....an authentic Wisconsin Brat n cheese baited mousetrap!

Custer
First..........get off my lawn! Second........it's a dashing self portrait! Courtesy of The Craw. Third.....I am still SHIV, Keeper of the Stone Tablets! Go Pack! And behold the power of cheese! And one more thing. Say ya to da U.P. eh!
Custer
Premium Member

Location: Sailing somewhere in Da U.P. in Da Whitehawk and an original Yooper!
Standard rating: 1019
All-game rating: 1217
Timezone: GMT-6

Postby pompodopompom » 13 Feb 2021, 17:24

Hi there,

I'm posting with the hope that this thread gets more attention, and thereby attracts some volunteers.
I find the idea really cool, though I'm afraid I currently neither have the experience nor the time to play this full game.

Still, I have a naive question regarding how the ownership of Albania (the "extra" submarine base for Austria) is determined.
Would the same principle apply as for a SC, i.e. as long as no other power has ever occupied Albania in a fall season, Austria could still rebuild their submarine there?
Or will it be handled like the other provinces on a "regular" playdip map (where one simply needs to occupy the province at anytime, and the province automatically "switches" to its new colours)?

Thanks
pompodopompom
Premium Member

Class: Diplomat
Standard rating: (1000)
All-game rating: (1000)
Timezone: GMT+1

Postby ColonelApricot » 13 Feb 2021, 22:56

Hi Woolgie.

I'd like to play as long as Custer promises to behave himself(I'll get Spring to depth-charge him otherwise).

However I'd want the deadline to be a bit later - is that possible?

.. CA
Dog of War in ToS
GRU of the Despicables in TTT
ColonelApricot

Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: 997
All-game rating: 1390
Timezone: GMT

Postby Custer » 14 Feb 2021, 02:51

I just wasted like 15 mins typing a nice letter to this only to find out I'm not logged in again or some sh#$! Am i being blocked again? Just like Twitter.....LoL

I'll answer tomorrow now.

Custer
First..........get off my lawn! Second........it's a dashing self portrait! Courtesy of The Craw. Third.....I am still SHIV, Keeper of the Stone Tablets! Go Pack! And behold the power of cheese! And one more thing. Say ya to da U.P. eh!
Custer
Premium Member

Postby Woolgie » 14 Feb 2021, 13:42

pompodopompom wrote:Hi there,

I'm posting with the hope that this thread gets more attention, and thereby attracts some volunteers.
I find the idea really cool, though I'm afraid I currently neither have the experience nor the time to play this full game.

Still, I have a naive question regarding how the ownership of Albania (the "extra" submarine base for Austria) is determined.
Would the same principle apply as for a SC, i.e. as long as no other power has ever occupied Albania in a fall season, Austria could still rebuild their submarine there?
Or will it be handled like the other provinces on a "regular" playdip map (where one simply needs to occupy the province at anytime, and the province automatically "switches" to its new colours)?

Thanks

I have updated the rules to clarify this. No other powers can use Albania to build and it is not an SC. Albania can build there instead of one if it’s SCs so long as they have a build available and Albania is vacant. They can only build Submarines there. Previous control of Albania is not relevant.
I ran Play Diplomacy League for a time and then I set it free
Redesigning my Star Wars variant
Still proud of my solo in Versailles Fog Chaos
WDC 2020 38th place
Woolgie
Premium Member

Standard rating: 1042
All-game rating: 939
Timezone: GMT

Re: Submarines! (4 of 7)

Postby Custer » 14 Feb 2021, 18:55

Ok, awesome, so when do we kick this thing off?

Custer
Custer
Premium Member

Postby Custer » 14 Feb 2021, 18:56

I'll behave, I always do......LoL

Custer
Custer
Premium Member

Postby Custer » 14 Feb 2021, 19:04

What deadline? When is the deadline?

Custer
Custer
Premium Member

Previous

Return to PbF Game Recruitment