Inter-site Diplomacy

General stuff.

Moderators: JonS, Buachaille, Fatmo

Inter-site Diplomacy

Postby raphtown » 15 Jul 2011, 01:00

So I brought up the idea of a Classicist branch on WebDip, and even though it was a little bit of a rough start I think we may have enough interest in going through with the original plan. I will let yall know how things go, but in the mean time you can join the conversation yourself if you feel like.

Anyways, a related idea was to host a game of inter-site diplomacy. Dejan0707 (or Unknown Archont here on PlayDip) put it quite nicely:

It would be interesting to set up friendly game between original classicist on playdip and interested candidates from webdip. To be completely fair, we could set up 2 games, one in here, and one in playdip. Than we find 14 players, 7 from each site to play and distribute it equally.

For example.

Game 1
played on webdip
3 players from webdip + 4 players from playdip

Game 2
played on playdip
3 players from playdip+ 4 players from webdip

Every player will play for himself, so he will make and brake alliances based on situation on the field and not based on from witch site he originates. Result would be unimportant too, it would be played for fun and to people get to know each other. We are all diplomacy fanatics after all both here and there :D

Because of the organization of this game we would require 2 captains of the teams (similar to the role of the captain in the masters). Captain would be responsible for creating game and sending password to the players and after that his role would be over.

I think this is a great idea, and therefore am asking for 7 Classicist volunteers to participate in these first-ever inter-site games. One of the 7 will also have to step up as team captain. Please reply here if you are interested.
The Classicists are a group dedicated to reducing player NMRs.
raphtown

Class: Diplomat
All-game rating: (1000)
Timezone: GMT-8

Re: Inter-site Diplomacy

Postby ninjaruler » 15 Jul 2011, 01:32

I would play, But I guess I'm not officially a classicist so I guess I can't officially play...
¸„‹•*¸„‹•*„¸„‹•*•*•›„¸„¸„‹•*;;;:::::.....Ninja.....:::::;;;*•›„¸„¸„‹•*•*•›„¸„*•›„¸*•›„¸
..............*•›„¸*•›„¸„¸„‹•*•*•Mafia/Diplomacy/CYOC‹•*•*•›„¸„¸„‹•*¸„‹•*...............
ninjaruler

Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: (1000)
All-game rating: (958)

Postby Malevolence » 15 Jul 2011, 02:19

yeah sounds like fun.

no reason not to- it would just take some time to get the people together- And it might be best to create a forum on only ONE site that would keep track of everything- that way people wouldnt get confused.
Creator of 1939, Superpowers, Future of the World, Fate of the World, Fantasy CYOC, Outbreak, History of the World, Italian Renaissance Diplomacy, 21st Century Diplomacy, Inheritors
Malevolence

Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: (1094)
All-game rating: (1071)
Timezone: GMT-5

Postby Mali Belizec » 15 Jul 2011, 18:13

It would be fun game so please join the first inter-site game of diplomacy.

I think it would be rather easy to organize the games. Once both teams have 7 players and few subs (just in case) they select their captain. Captain is responsible to create game (password protected game for example "Intersite game 1 - playdip") and then sent link with the game and password to captain of the other team and players who will play that game from his own team. Captain from the other site will sent this password and link to the game to the players from his site who will play the game.

So Captain of the playdip team and two players of his team will play with 4 players from webdip in the game created here, while 4 players of playdip team will go to play on webdip with captain of webdip team plus two players there.

I think it would be interesting game so everyone who is up to challenge please step up. :)
‘Beware of the man of one book’

Bronze member of The Classicists.
Mali Belizec

Standard rating: (1055)
All-game rating: (1056)
Timezone: GMT+1

Postby sinnybee » 16 Jul 2011, 16:28

I don't have an account on webdip, but I've thought about making one before. I would be willing to register on webdip and be one of the four playdip players in Game 1.
I am a gold member of the classicists, (though I havn't played in a classicist game before).
Gold Classicist since 1-11-11
FT Asst GM of 35 player WWIV Aug 2011-Feb 2012
#1 ranked player of playdip early 2013
4th highest forum karma count at Apr 2013 ending (behind Craw, Dipsy, and Rick)
Tournament Director of the 31 game PDVT Feb-Dec 2014, the first playdip tourney with over 100 sign-ups
sinnybee

Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: (1332)
All-game rating: (1467)
Timezone: GMT-7

Postby Fatmo » 16 Jul 2011, 21:23

I might be interested in trying this, but I couldn't start a game in the next few weeks. I am too busy at the moment. If this first experiment is successful, I may be up for round two if it works out.

I will be watching out for the games when they start to see how everything works out.
You don't know what I'm thinking...because I don't know what I'm doing.

Conq wrote:Fatmo — you are a relentless mountain stream, ever-flowing, slowly but surely carving away at the rock face below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jjEgjTfcEJk
Fatmo
Premium Member

Standard rating: (1089)
All-game rating: (1050)

Postby raphtown » 16 Jul 2011, 22:58

Fatmo wrote:I might be interested in trying this, but I couldn't start a game in the next few weeks. I am too busy at the moment. If this first experiment is successful, I may be up for round two if it works out.

I will be watching out for the games when they start to see how everything works out.

Actually, its shaping up like a number of players can't play until late July (or even early August). Would you be interested if it started on August 1st, say?
raphtown

Postby raphtown » 17 Jul 2011, 01:42

We now have 5 interested players:
cs
Fatmo
sinnybee
SplitDiplomat
WarSmith

As a note, both games will be regular classic with speed deadlines. Countries will be random.

Turn lengths have yet to be decided, though it will probably be one of the following:
24/24/24
48/24/24
72/24/24
raphtown

Postby Malevolence » 17 Jul 2011, 02:05

dont leave me out- looks like i wasnt on that list
Creator of 1939, Superpowers, Future of the World, Fate of the World, Fantasy CYOC, Outbreak, History of the World, Italian Renaissance Diplomacy, 21st Century Diplomacy, Inheritors
Malevolence

Standard rating: (1094)
All-game rating: (1071)
Timezone: GMT-5

Postby raphtown » 17 Jul 2011, 07:28

Malevolence wrote:dont leave me out- looks like i wasnt on that list

:oops: Knew I was forgetting someone.
raphtown

Next

Return to Miscellaneous