Results of Vote on the Referendum for Scoring.

General stuff.

Moderators: Fatmo, JonS, Buachaille

Results of Vote on the Referendum for Scoring.

Postby GhostEcho » 26 Nov 2010, 17:16

At the time the vote was taken, the Classicists had a membership of sixty-five. Since then one player has resigned and two more have been added to the rolls; neither new player requested, and by an oversight I did not provide to them, a copy of the ballot. There were therefore sixty-four voting members for this referendum. In response to these questions, I received fifteen ballots, and two deliberate abstentions, for a participation of 17/64, or approximately 27%.

The results are as follows.

Abstentions: Zebb, Sheddy

Section A: Procedure
I. Resolved, by a plurality of 7 of 15, that a list of each member's votes cast on this proposal be made public.
Voting Record:
A. Yes, such a list shall be made public. (7; Cryhavoc, fellowes, InterMPC, lotr_freak Jlet, Mapmaker, Zander_the_Great)
E. No, such a list shall not be given. (5; Blart, lannes, tumbleweed, Unknown Archont, Waterice man)
C. A list shall be made public, but any member may request that his ballot be kept secret. (2; Stander, raphtown)
B. Such a list shall only be sent to members who specifically request it. (1; GhostEcho)
D. A list shall only be sent privately on request, and any member may request that his ballot be kept secret. (0)

Section B: Scoring
I. Resolved, by a bare majority of 8 to 7, that a draw in Classicist games shall be considered to include those players named in an agreed draw.
Voting Record:
B. All players named in an agreed draw (as done, for example, in this site's scoring)? (8; Blart, Cryhavoc, InterMPC, Jlet, lotr_freak, Stander, tumbleweed, Waterice man)
A. All players whose powers have surviving pieces and centers on the board at the time of the draw (Commonly called DIAS)? (7; fellowes, GhostEcho, lannes, Mapmaker, raphtown, Unknown Archont, Zander_the_Great)

II. The most popular option for this section failed to gather more than 5 votes; the second most popular gained 4; as the remaining six votes cast were scattered across the other three options, a run-off will be held between the two most popular weightings. This run-off ballot will be PMed to you as soon as possible.
Voting Record
C. Solo point split between all players in draw (5; GhostEcho, Stander, tumbleweed, Unknown Archont, Waterice man)
B. Solos >2*(2-player draw) (4; InterMPC, Jlet, Mapmakter, Zander_the_Great)
E. Minimize point loss for any possible draw. (3; Blart, fellowes, lotr_freak)
A. Draws rated on a sharp curve. (2; Cryhavoc, raphtown)
D. All draws ranked equally. (1; lannes)
"When you absolutely don't know what to do any more, then it's time to panic." - Johann van der Wiel
"I'm not panicking, I'm watching you panic. It's more entertaining." - Elli Quinn
"[Diplomacy:] No dice or chance. Just calculated insincerity." - Counter Trap
GhostEcho

Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: 995
All-game rating: 979
Timezone: GMT-5

Re: Results of Vote on the Referendum for Scoring.

Postby AndyCooke » 26 Nov 2010, 22:34

Oh, heck. I meant to message you that I didn't get the ballot (if you use the Membership lists to message me it doesn't get through - there's no space in "AndyCooke" and there is one in my name on the membership list). I've been at Blandford camp on a Crypto Custodians course and finding it hard to log on anywhere - sorry.

Oh well. Missed my shot :-(

For the record, my votes would have been:
A (public), A (DIAS), D (all draws equal)

:-(
http://xkcd.com/552/

Silver member of the Classicists
AndyCooke

Class: Diplomat
All-game rating: (1000)
Timezone: GMT

Postby GhostEcho » 29 Nov 2010, 17:34

Following the run-off vote, the ranking has been voted to be weighted as originally proposed by InterMPC, with solos worth more than twice a draw. The final vote was 8 to 6, with 2 abstentions and most members not voting.

In short, what we just did was spend two weeks deciding that InterMPC was on the right track.

Carry on!
"When you absolutely don't know what to do any more, then it's time to panic." - Johann van der Wiel
"I'm not panicking, I'm watching you panic. It's more entertaining." - Elli Quinn
"[Diplomacy:] No dice or chance. Just calculated insincerity." - Counter Trap
GhostEcho

Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: 995
All-game rating: 979
Timezone: GMT-5

Postby bb82 » 29 Nov 2010, 17:45

I would have voted similar as andy. And not automatically making votes public is more than a mistake.

But I don't even see the need for a league like atmosphere, which is why I declined to vote. I myself don't plan on playing classicist's games. But I would welcome playing with classicists.

I joined more as a statement that I would play all games with class.
I will strive to have the strength to change what can and 'should' be changed, the courage to accept what can't be changed, and the wisdom to be able to tell the difference.
bb82
Sponsor
Sponsor

Timezone: GMT-6

Postby raphtown » 29 Nov 2010, 20:45

bb82 wrote:I joined more as a statement that I would play all games with class.

Perfectly fine in my book. Actually, I am planning on rearranging the forum to make this more clear.
The Classicists are a group dedicated to reducing player NMRs.
raphtown

Timezone: GMT-8

Postby InterMPC » 01 Dec 2010, 00:27

GhostEco wrote:InterMPC was on the right track.

Well there's got to be a first for everything I guess.

The good news is that most of the coding is already done. It's just implementing it into table and making it easy to be updated.

I'll keep you posted with updates.
InterMPC

Timezone: GMT+10

Postby raphtown » 01 Dec 2010, 01:21

I guess now we just have to wait for some more games to finish. :)
The Classicists are a group dedicated to reducing player NMRs.
raphtown

Timezone: GMT-8

Postby Mapmaker » 06 Dec 2010, 16:58

Speaking of which, the game Glory Days just finished. I've added the scores to the table.
Bronze member of The Classicists.

We are not the lost nomads, we are the makers of maps.
Mapmaker

Standard rating: (1009)
All-game rating: (966)
Timezone: GMT

Return to Miscellaneous