Interest in a Classicist game

Join Classicist games.

Moderators: JonS, Fatmo, Buachaille

Forum rules
Reminders to Creators of Classicist Games:
1. Please include all the information about the configuration of your game settings in your post advertising the game.
2. Specify whether your game is a STRICT game (for Bronze, Silver, Gold and Platinum Classicists only) or a CASUAL game (that is also open to Aspiring Classicists).
3. All games should be password-protected. Please do NOT publish the password to your game in the forum, but instead let interested players know who they should PM for the password.
4. It is the responsibility of game creators to check that all players to whom they issue the password are listed as current members of the Classicists in the appropriate membership lists.
5. Game creators should keep the thread title updated with the current status of the game (eg. 2/7, 6/7, Confirmation Phase, Started, Finished etc).

Interest in a Classicist game

Postby Talltim2 » 30 Oct 2015, 21:19

The last game I started failed for lack of interest (http://www.playdiplomacy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=221&t=50564). I'm guessing it was because I set up a 24 hr turn that ran on weekends. I'm interested in playing a classicist game that runs on weekends. Are there people who'd like to play a 24 hour or 48 hour classic game (with 24 hr for builds and retreats)?
Last edited by Talltim2 on 31 Oct 2015, 02:13, edited 1 time in total.
Talltim2

Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: (1295)
All-game rating: (1302)
Timezone: GMT-5

Re: Interest in a game

Postby Lucifers-Hammer » 30 Oct 2015, 21:24

48/24/24 ... Or 48/x/x plus ANON and I am in.

I prefer Classic but will do anything. And I promise to stab everyone in the game at least once and if you are guillible then twice.

Why Anon? Because the majority of players here see me in a game and their bowels loosen for some unknown reason :D and I tend to get dog-piled ... In other words Meta-gaming which I find really funny.

For the uninitiated, here is the Wiki definition of Metagaming:

"Metagaming is any strategy, action or method used in a game which transcends a prescribed ruleset, uses external factors to affect the game, or goes beyond the supposed limits or environment set by the game. Another definition refers to the game universe outside of the game itself. Metagaming differs from strategy in that metagaming is making decisions based upon out-of-game knowledge, whereas strategies are decisions made based upon in-game actions and knowledge."

So, in the context of "HOLY CRAP! It is SO-and-SO in this game and I know the player to be a backstabber, or a weak-player, or [fill in the blank] or IT IS LUCIFERS-HAMMER so lets makum-good-planz to kill him so please side with me - here is my data" certainly fits the definition above. Hence ANON is a good way to go. Another context in the above is "hey Mr. France, I know you to be a reliable player since in the last 5 games we played together you always sided with me and so I think we can continue to take warm showers together and perhaps see if the soap gets extra slippery."
What to expect when playing against me ... Picture having a running chainsaw thrown at you.
Lucifers-Hammer

Class: Star Ambassador
All-game rating: 919

Postby NineofSwords » 31 Oct 2015, 00:21

I am interested. As a non-premium though, I can't play any games that isn't standard. I can only do 48 hours (order) only (24 retreat and build is fine), since I have no Internet accessing devices as part of my personal possession. Warning: I'm a newbie at the game.
NineofSwords

Class: Diplomat
Standard rating: (985)
All-game rating: (986)
Timezone: GMT

Postby Lucifers-Hammer » 31 Oct 2015, 00:56

NineofSwords wrote:I am interested. As a non-premium though, I can't play any games that isn't standard. I can only do 48 hours (order) only (24 retreat and build is fine), since I have no Internet accessing devices as part of my personal possession. Warning: I'm a newbie at the game.

Welcome to this site. I will take you under my wing and promise to not stab you until at least 1904. If Anon, we will just have to figure out a secret handshake so we know each other in the game :D :mrgreen:

If this games gets off the ground, I wish you well in it and on this site in general.
What to expect when playing against me ... Picture having a running chainsaw thrown at you.
Lucifers-Hammer

All-game rating: 919

Postby Talltim2 » 31 Oct 2015, 02:18

NineofSwords wrote:I am interested. As a non-premium though, I can't play any games that isn't standard. I can only do 48 hours (order) only (24 retreat and build is fine), since I have no Internet accessing devices as part of my personal possession. Warning: I'm a newbie at the game.

Welcome! You've managed to finish more games than I.

LH, are you a Classicist? I couldn't find you on a search of members.
Last edited by Talltim2 on 31 Oct 2015, 04:31, edited 1 time in total.
Talltim2

Re: Interest in a Classicist game

Postby JonS » 31 Oct 2015, 02:29

I'd be interested in a 48/24/24 classic dip Classicist game. I don't love anon but okay either way.
“Find an ally who will die for you, and see that he does just that.”
The immortal Richard Sharp

Platinum Member of the Classicists Club
House Tyrell in Diplomacy of Ice and Fire
JonS

Standard rating: (1557)
All-game rating: (1606)
Timezone: GMT-7

Postby ThomM » 31 Oct 2015, 02:54

I would be interested in a Classicist game on that schedule (although I prefer 2-1-2 instead of 2-1-1, I find there are often significant issues to negotiate around builds).
I don't understand the discussion of anon games: that does not appear in the first message.
ThomM
ThomM

Standard rating: (1231)
All-game rating: (1253)

Postby JonS » 31 Oct 2015, 03:01

ThomM wrote:I would be interested in a Classicist game on that schedule (although I prefer 2-1-2 instead of 2-1-1, I find there are often significant issues to negotiate around builds).
I don't understand the discussion of anon games: that does not appear in the first message.
ThomM

Actually a good point - thanks. Was responding to LH, but this would be a Classicist game anyway.
“Find an ally who will die for you, and see that he does just that.”
The immortal Richard Sharp

Platinum Member of the Classicists Club
House Tyrell in Diplomacy of Ice and Fire
JonS

Standard rating: (1557)
All-game rating: (1606)
Timezone: GMT-7

Postby Talltim2 » 31 Oct 2015, 04:43

Given the expressed interest, I have started a game:

109569 Diplomacy pro Tunc
viewtopic.php?f=221&t=51079

I decided 2/1/2 deadlines made most sense, since there is a lot to negotiate.
Talltim2

Postby ThomM » 03 Nov 2015, 05:18

Talltim2 wrote:Given the expressed interest, I have started a game:

109569 Diplomacy pro Tunc
viewtopic.php?f=221&t=51079

I decided 2/1/2 deadlines made most sense, since there is a lot to negotiate.

I've signed up. There are a total of five so far. Just two more classicists needed.
ThomM
ThomM

Standard rating: (1231)
All-game rating: (1253)

Return to Classicist Game Recruitment