106942. Befogged and be damned - Casual Classicist+ (3 of 7)

Join Classicist games.

Moderators: JonS, Fatmo, Buachaille

Forum rules
Reminders to Creators of Classicist Games:
1. Please include all the information about the configuration of your game settings in your post advertising the game.
2. Specify whether your game is a STRICT game (for Bronze, Silver, Gold and Platinum Classicists only) or a CASUAL game (that is also open to Aspiring Classicists).
3. All games should be password-protected. Please do NOT publish the password to your game in the forum, but instead let interested players know who they should PM for the password.
4. It is the responsibility of game creators to check that all players to whom they issue the password are listed as current members of the Classicists in the appropriate membership lists.
5. Game creators should keep the thread title updated with the current status of the game (eg. 2/7, 6/7, Confirmation Phase, Started, Finished etc).

106942. Befogged and be damned - Casual Classicist+ (3 of 7)

Postby Dolph Shtoss » 28 Aug 2015, 03:51

Have some fun in the fog. 1900 map (i.e. not Winter 1900 choosing units).
Welcome casual classicists and above!

GAME PARAMETERS

Map variant: 1900
Game type: anonymous_players
Stats: norank
Draws: Secret Ballot
Public: no
Variants: Classic
Map: mapv2
Fog of War

DEADLINES

Orders every 2 days
Retreat every 24 hours
Build every 24 hours
Protected Game

PASSWORD:

damnit
Last edited by Dolph Shtoss on 01 Sep 2015, 03:45, edited 1 time in total.
Dolph Shtoss

Class: Diplomat
All-game rating: (1000)
Timezone: GMT

Re: 106942. Befogged and be damned - Casual Classicist+

Postby JonS » 31 Aug 2015, 18:34

Since the password is posted here publicly...I'm not sure we have a way to verify that this is a Classicist game, as anyone could sign up?

In the future, feel free to PM one of the Classicist mods and we would be happy to facilitate signups to an anon classicist game and verify membership.

As it stands, I guess we let this game get rolling. Once it's done, if all participants were indeed classicists, we can add it to the cup competition.
“Find an ally who will die for you, and see that he does just that.”
The immortal Richard Sharp

Platinum Member of the Classicists Club
House Tyrell in Diplomacy of Ice and Fire
JonS

Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: (1557)
All-game rating: (1606)
Timezone: GMT-7

Re: 106942. Befogged and be damned - Casual Classicist+

Postby Dolph Shtoss » 01 Sep 2015, 00:14

Setting this anon game up was tricky. I could have posted in Bronze games subforum but I wanted to include aspirings so they could try the variants and to broaden the pool. I thought the classicists subforum would be limited to aspiring classicists and up, therefore not public and therefore it wouldn't matter that the pw was visible.
And sure I could PM mods but then they would be no longer anon and not be able to themselves join. Plus the nuisance factor.
Perhaps the idea is to let public have a view of how classicist works, but to join as aspiring is a very low bar so I reckon making the subforum aspiring and up would make more sense, otherwise make a new subforum for aspiring looking for games.
Use me, don't abuse me.
If I have PMs, don't open them unless you expect to see them!
Dolph Shtoss

Class: Diplomat
All-game rating: (1000)
Timezone: GMT

Return to Classicist Game Recruitment