AAAAHHH FAST (classicist) DIPLOMACY! (Started)

Join Classicist games.

Moderators: Fatmo, JonS, Buachaille

Forum rules
Reminders to Creators of Classicist Games:
1. Please include all the information about the configuration of your game settings in your post advertising the game.
2. Specify whether your game is a STRICT game (for Bronze, Silver, Gold and Platinum Classicists only) or a CASUAL game (that is also open to Aspiring Classicists).
3. All games should be password-protected. Please do NOT publish the password to your game in the forum, but instead let interested players know who they should PM for the password.
4. It is the responsibility of game creators to check that all players to whom they issue the password are listed as current members of the Classicists in the appropriate membership lists.
5. Game creators should keep the thread title updated with the current status of the game (eg. 2/7, 6/7, Confirmation Phase, Started, Finished etc).

Re: AAAAHHH FAST (classicist) DIPLOMACY! (In confirmation)

Postby JonS » 31 Mar 2015, 19:16

mcboyes wrote:You must keep in mind that the name JonS stands out a little. More people will look to be in a game created by you, as opposed to me. Which I know for a fact, as I put out a feeler for a 1900 classicist game and only got one response, two weeks later.

Or maybe classicists hate 1900.

This is unfortunately a fair point...anyone who sees me as a star player is wildly overestimating my skill, but I suppose my name is more visible since I help admin the Classicists. I am hoping the death of your game was perhaps just a matter of timing? Most Classicists games tend to fill up over a week or so...

It can be helpful to advertise the game in multiple places - such as the general Games forum or even the chat bar - as long as we still keep membership to classicists. Also if the first post doesn't get too much buzz, there's no shame in posting (increasingly needy) updates to keep the thread popping up in "Active Threads." I also sometimes PM people I play with about a game to draw their attention to it.

For me, I was already in a 1900 game (where Jakofipa got a resounding solo) and so wasn't interested, but in general it's a great variant..

All of that aside - happy to help as booster games if someone wants - if you send me details I can post the game thread.
“Find an ally who will die for you, and see that he does just that.”
The immortal Richard Sharp

Platinum Member of the Classicists Club
House Tyrell in Diplomacy of Ice and Fire
JonS

Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: (1557)
All-game rating: (1606)
Timezone: GMT-7

Previous

Return to Classicist Game Recruitment