Oldie + Classicist + Star Ambassador

Join Classicist games.

Moderators: Fatmo, JonS, Buachaille

Forum rules
Reminders to Creators of Classicist Games:
1. Please include all the information about the configuration of your game settings in your post advertising the game.
2. Specify whether your game is a STRICT game (for Bronze, Silver, Gold and Platinum Classicists only) or a CASUAL game (that is also open to Aspiring Classicists).
3. All games should be password-protected. Please do NOT publish the password to your game in the forum, but instead let interested players know who they should PM for the password.
4. It is the responsibility of game creators to check that all players to whom they issue the password are listed as current members of the Classicists in the appropriate membership lists.
5. Game creators should keep the thread title updated with the current status of the game (eg. 2/7, 6/7, Confirmation Phase, Started, Finished etc).

Re: Oldie + Classicist + Star Ambassador

Postby Alman » 06 Mar 2015, 05:11

JonS wrote:I can't wait to meet my daughter. Three months left...going to focus on enjoying every minute of it. Even the relatively unenjoyable ones.

There's nothing better, my friend. I have worked hard to cherish it all. I can't believe my little girl is going to turn 12 this summer! Being a Dad is awesome.
Bronze Member: The Classicists & Oldies
War in the Americas 7 PbF

"The avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote" -Kosh
"Nothing has to be true, but everything has to sound like it was." -Salvor Hardin
Alman

Class: Diplomat
Standard rating: (1466)
All-game rating: (1586)
Timezone: GMT-5

Postby stobco » 09 Mar 2015, 14:53

I'd be willing to join this game, although I lack the Star Ambassador requirement right now. I'm a pretty chatty player, but that dipped over the last two weeks or so due to me losing my job and going away for a week. I would have thought being unemployed would give me more time to be more active on this site, but it really hasn't worked that way. Job hunting and getting things done around the house, not to mention my mind not being into Dip at the moment, lead to the opposite.

With all that being said, I'm back in the saddle and would welcome a mature, competitive, and chatty game. I have two games currently active but they will be coming to an end in the near future which will allow me to focus on this game with my full attention.

My preference would be for a 3/1/1 game.

Let me know if you want me in the game!

JonS wrote:And I'm sure you're right - I can't wait to meet my daughter. Three months left...going to focus on enjoying every minute of it. Even the relatively unenjoyable ones.

Kids are great. I have four kids and all of them are a blessing. Enjoy every minute, they really do grow up quickly.
Silver member of the Classicist
Member of the Oldies
stobco

Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: (1082)
All-game rating: (1014)
Timezone: GMT-4

Postby zaneparks » 09 Mar 2015, 15:45

Sorry about the job loss, stobco. I've been through that and for me at times, attendant depression. I hope the job hunting goes well. Not sure about relaxing the requirements. You are chatty, speaking out of both sides of your mouth at times. I'll keep you in mind.

Zane
Silver Classicist, Oldie

When asked what he thought of Western civilization, Gandhi replied, "I think it would be a very good idea."
"Diplomacy is the art of telling people to go to hell in such a way that they ask for directions." Winston Churchill
zaneparks

Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: (1094)
All-game rating: (1093)

Postby stobco » 09 Mar 2015, 18:02

Hey, no problem if you want to keep the "STAR" requirement. Maybe I'll get it before the game starts!
Member of the Oldies
stobco

Postby stobco » 21 Mar 2015, 00:16

Hey Zane, any update on this? I'm thinking of getting a game started with almost the same requirements; Oldie + Classicist + Ambassador.

Just wanted to check this one first to see what the status is.
Member of the Oldies
stobco

Postby zaneparks » 21 Mar 2015, 18:33

Go ahead, stobco. I'm a bit scattered at the moment.
Silver Classicist, Oldie

When asked what he thought of Western civilization, Gandhi replied, "I think it would be a very good idea."
"Diplomacy is the art of telling people to go to hell in such a way that they ask for directions." Winston Churchill
zaneparks

Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: (1094)
All-game rating: (1093)

Postby Alman » 21 Mar 2015, 20:31

I was interested, but now I've signed up for Shivy's Invitational and then will be the Diplomacy Cup Test, so my dance card is full (or my cup runneth over ;) ).
Bronze Member: The Classicists & Oldies
War in the Americas 7 PbF

"The avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote" -Kosh
"Nothing has to be true, but everything has to sound like it was." -Salvor Hardin
Alman

Class: Diplomat
Standard rating: (1466)
All-game rating: (1586)

Previous

Return to Classicist Game Recruitment