Oldie + Classicist + Star Ambassador

Join Classicist games.

Moderators: Fatmo, JonS, Buachaille

Forum rules
Reminders to Creators of Classicist Games:
1. Please include all the information about the configuration of your game settings in your post advertising the game.
2. Specify whether your game is a STRICT game (for Bronze, Silver, Gold and Platinum Classicists only) or a CASUAL game (that is also open to Aspiring Classicists).
3. All games should be password-protected. Please do NOT publish the password to your game in the forum, but instead let interested players know who they should PM for the password.
4. It is the responsibility of game creators to check that all players to whom they issue the password are listed as current members of the Classicists in the appropriate membership lists.
5. Game creators should keep the thread title updated with the current status of the game (eg. 2/7, 6/7, Confirmation Phase, Started, Finished etc).

Oldie + Classicist + Star Ambassador

Postby zaneparks » 05 Mar 2015, 16:24

Any interest in a game with these requirements? I thought about adding: must have handicapped placard or license. But maybe that's too much. Tentative title: Gaseous Stars.

Zane
Silver Classicist, Oldie

When asked what he thought of Western civilization, Gandhi replied, "I think it would be a very good idea."
"Diplomacy is the art of telling people to go to hell in such a way that they ask for directions." Winston Churchill
zaneparks

Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: (1094)
All-game rating: (1093)
Timezone: GMT-5

Re: Oldie + Classicist + Star Ambassador

Postby Alman » 05 Mar 2015, 17:48

I am perhaps interested. Would want longer deadlines. 2/1/1 or 3/1/1. Eager to finally be able to join one of your Oldie games. :)
Bronze Member: The Classicists & Oldies
War in the Americas 7 PbF

"The avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote" -Kosh
"Nothing has to be true, but everything has to sound like it was." -Salvor Hardin
Alman

Class: Diplomat
Standard rating: (1466)
All-game rating: (1586)

Postby zaneparks » 05 Mar 2015, 17:57

I'm good with 2/1/1 or 3/1/1.
Silver Classicist, Oldie

When asked what he thought of Western civilization, Gandhi replied, "I think it would be a very good idea."
"Diplomacy is the art of telling people to go to hell in such a way that they ask for directions." Winston Churchill
zaneparks

Postby JonS » 05 Mar 2015, 18:02

Alas, I have quite a while left before I can join the distinguished ranks of the Oldies...
“Find an ally who will die for you, and see that he does just that.”
The immortal Richard Sharp

Platinum Member of the Classicists Club
House Tyrell in Diplomacy of Ice and Fire
JonS

Standard rating: (1557)
All-game rating: (1606)
Timezone: GMT-7

Postby AngelEyesGBU » 05 Mar 2015, 18:54

I'm not yet a Star Ambassador but if you'd settle for me to make seven, let me know.
Gold member of the Classicists
Angel Eyes: But you know the pity is when I'm paid, I always follow my job through.
Tuco: When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
Blondie: You see, in this world there's two kinds of people, my friend: Those with loaded guns and those who dig. You dig.
AngelEyesGBU

Standard rating: (1074)
All-game rating: (1059)
Timezone: GMT-6

Postby WHSeward » 05 Mar 2015, 18:59

I'm out of Dip action for a bit, but maybe the next time one these games comes up, I'll be in orbit.
"As a general truth, communities prosper and flourish, or droop and decline, in just the degree that they practice or neglect to practice the primary duties of justice and humanity." WHS

A member of the Classicists.

Ask me about mentor games. Send me a PM or post in the Mentoring forum.
WHSeward
Site Admin
Site Admin

Standard rating: (1633)
All-game rating: (1647)
Timezone: GMT-8

Postby zaneparks » 05 Mar 2015, 19:15

Jon, you make me wonder at the verisimilitude of your picture.
Silver Classicist, Oldie

zaneparks

Postby CrnaZemlja » 05 Mar 2015, 19:43

I would like in.
never retract, never retreat, never apologize, get the thing done and let them howl.

Silver member of Classicists.
An Oldie.
CrnaZemlja

Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: (887)
All-game rating: (1163)
Timezone: GMT-6

Postby Alman » 05 Mar 2015, 20:16

WHSeward wrote:I'm out of Dip action for a bit, but maybe the next time one these games comes up, I'll be in orbit.

Alas. I have yet to cross swords with you. I am eager to test my newbie mettle against your grizzled history. :)

JonS wrote:Alas, I have quite a while left before I can join the distinguished ranks of the Oldies...

I have to remember this. Partially because of your picture, I keep thinking your my age. :D . It will be quick, especially now with wife and first child! :) The last 16 years have flown by!!
Bronze Member: The Classicists & Oldies
War in the Americas 7 PbF

"The avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote" -Kosh
"Nothing has to be true, but everything has to sound like it was." -Salvor Hardin
Alman

Class: Diplomat
Standard rating: (1466)
All-game rating: (1586)

Postby JonS » 06 Mar 2015, 04:20

Alman wrote:Partially because of your picture, I keep thinking your my age. :D . It will be quick, especially now with wife and first child! :) The last 16 years have flown by!!

Yes the picture is a bit deceptive...but I have a soft spot Emperor Franz Josef! Maybe I'll dig up a painting of when he was 29 and slap that up instead. :)

And I'm sure you're right - I can't wait to meet my daughter. Three months left...going to focus on enjoying every minute of it. Even the relatively unenjoyable ones.

I've usually don't feel my age anyway...I've always felt like I'm 50% a ten year old boy, and 50% a 68 year old man. So at least part of me is an Oldie at heart.
“Find an ally who will die for you, and see that he does just that.”
The immortal Richard Sharp

Platinum Member of the Classicists Club
House Tyrell in Diplomacy of Ice and Fire
JonS

Standard rating: (1557)
All-game rating: (1606)
Timezone: GMT-7

Next

Return to Classicist Game Recruitment