AUTO DELETED New ranked casual classicist game 2/7 players

Join Classicist games.

Moderators: Fatmo, JonS, Buachaille

Forum rules
Reminders to Creators of Classicist Games:
1. Please include all the information about the configuration of your game settings in your post advertising the game.
2. Specify whether your game is a STRICT game (for Bronze, Silver, Gold and Platinum Classicists only) or a CASUAL game (that is also open to Aspiring Classicists).
3. All games should be password-protected. Please do NOT publish the password to your game in the forum, but instead let interested players know who they should PM for the password.
4. It is the responsibility of game creators to check that all players to whom they issue the password are listed as current members of the Classicists in the appropriate membership lists.
5. Game creators should keep the thread title updated with the current status of the game (eg. 2/7, 6/7, Confirmation Phase, Started, Finished etc).

AUTO DELETED New ranked casual classicist game 2/7 players

Postby DemiJohn » 12 Apr 2014, 05:38

I've created a new casual classicist game: The Sick Man of Europe 80278.

Map variant: Standard
Game type: regular
Stats: rank
Public: no
Variants: Classic
Map: mapv2
DEADLINES

Orders every 24 hours
Retreat every 12 hours
Build every 12 hours
Process deadlines when all moves submitted
Draws must include all survivors (DIAS)
Don't process deadlines on:
New Year Jan 01, Christmas Dec 25, Halloween Oct 31

Please PM me for the password if you want to play. Please also state your level of membership so it's easier to find you on the list
Last edited by DemiJohn on 14 May 2014, 03:39, edited 3 times in total.
DemiJohn

Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: (967)
All-game rating: (1459)
Timezone: GMT+8

Re: New ranked casual classicist game 2/7 players

Postby DemiJohn » 19 Apr 2014, 03:54

Guys, what's wrong with my games options here? Still only 2 players including me!
DemiJohn

Postby norlight » 19 Apr 2014, 21:12

DemiJohn wrote:Guys, what's wrong with my games options here? Still only 2 players including me!

It is all right for me, but I already signed up for another classicist game - viewtopic.php?f=221&t=44374
And I am not sure I will be able to afford one more at the same time.
norlight

Standard rating: (2122)
All-game rating: (2189)
Timezone: GMT+2

Postby EarlofMalta » 21 Apr 2014, 00:41

Yes, I'm sorry that it looks like I opened up a rival game to yours, John. In fact I set up my game prior to finding yours but had advertised it in the wrong section. After I had joined your game, my post was kindly moved to the correct section by a Mod.

Since I happen to have gathered a few players by chance, how about you join mine and make it 4/7? It probably won't take long to fill up from there...at least we'll probably have started before all the Easter chocolate is eaten...

I'll then unsubscribe from your game - just because it might feel weird to be playing together in two games - and your game can be filling up while you're playing in mine?
EarlofMalta

Standard rating: (1372)
All-game rating: (1382)
Timezone: GMT

Postby boldblade » 21 Apr 2014, 00:55

I want to know what is wrong with my game. No one has agreed to play. Apparently. No classicists like the 12 hour deadlines :|
boldblade

Standard rating: (1474)
All-game rating: (1488)

Postby DemiJohn » 23 Apr 2014, 05:23

EarlofMalta wrote:Yes, I'm sorry that it looks like I opened up a rival game to yours, John. In fact I set up my game prior to finding yours but had advertised it in the wrong section. After I had joined your game, my post was kindly moved to the correct section by a Mod.

Since I happen to have gathered a few players by chance, how about you join mine and make it 4/7? It probably won't take long to fill up from there...at least we'll probably have started before all the Easter chocolate is eaten...

I'll then unsubscribe from your game - just because it might feel weird to be playing together in two games - and your game can be filling up while you're playing in mine?

I only didn't join yours because I'm not an ambassador yet, as I haven't finished a game since the new scoring system came in. I don't mind playing in two games with you. These games seem to take ages to find enough players so I wouldn't like to see you leave mine!
DemiJohn

Postby DemiJohn » 23 Apr 2014, 05:25

boldblade wrote:I want to know what is wrong with my game. No one has agreed to play. Apparently. No classicists like the 12 hour deadlines :|

I find the 12 hour move deadlines too fast.
DemiJohn

Postby EarlofMalta » 23 Apr 2014, 18:24

DemiJohn wrote:
EarlofMalta wrote:Yes, I'm sorry that it looks like I opened up a rival game to yours, John. In fact I set up my game prior to finding yours but had advertised it in the wrong section. After I had joined your game, my post was kindly moved to the correct section by a Mod.

I only didn't join yours because I'm not an ambassador yet, as I haven't finished a game since the new scoring system came in. I don't mind playing in two games with you. These games seem to take ages to find enough players so I wouldn't like to see you leave mine!

No problem John. I probably should not have stipulated ambassador only since Classicist is the important thing. If you change your mind, I'll PM you the password (just handed out another password today so should be 4 soon - 5 if you join). Otherwise, I'll be happy to stay in your game and wait for it to fill up.

Good luck!
EarlofMalta

Standard rating: (1372)
All-game rating: (1382)

Postby DemiJohn » 14 May 2014, 03:38

Sorry everyone, this game has been auto deleted after 30 days.
DemiJohn

Postby gareth66 » 14 May 2014, 10:01

boldblade wrote:I want to know what is wrong with my game. No one has agreed to play. Apparently. No classicists like the 12 hour deadlines :|

Yes, unfortunately you will find that most members of the Classicists will consider 12 hour deadlines too short for the sort of quality of game they are looking for. The most popular deadline configurations are 2/1/1 and 3/1/1, so if you want to maximise interest it would be better to go for one of these.
gareth66

Standard rating: (1485)
All-game rating: (1638)

Return to Classicist Game Recruitment