Sanctions

Details of how the Classicists is run.

Moderators: JonS, Buachaille, Fatmo

Sanctions

Postby raphtown » 30 Jul 2010, 23:27

10/28/10 Dbmbdrmmr77 demoted from silver to bronze for consecutive NMRs and auto-surrender in game Thunder Road.
The Classicists are a group dedicated to reducing player NMRs.
raphtown

Class: Diplomat
All-game rating: (1000)
Timezone: GMT-8

Re: Sanctions

Postby raphtown » 28 Oct 2010, 22:10

Player Dbmbdrmmr77 has failed to submit orders for two consecutive movement phases and been auto-surrendered in the game Thunder Road. As per Section IV.b of the Constitution, he has been demoted to bronze membership. Further violations will result in eviction.

Also, since he was a part of the Eviction Committee, we are going to need to hold emergency elections to replace him as a member of the EC. More details on that shortly.
raphtown

Postby sevenoaks » 28 Oct 2010, 22:14

I should take his place as there are a few ppl i would like to evict

:mrgreen: :mrgreen:
sevenoaks

All-game rating: 4667
Timezone: GMT

Postby echotwo » 22 Nov 2010, 00:50

I don't know if this is the best place to raise it, but I'd like to recommend a sanction against Lucifers_Hammer. Yesterday he came to the IRC-channel for a live game (23162) that he'd suggested, 45 minutes too late, for which seven people had already assembled in the IRC-channel (the game was about to start), and took one of the places, despite it having been agreed that it would be first-come-first-served, leaving a player who'd been waiting patiently unable to join the game. Lucifers_Hammer then left the game (for non-game-related reasons) after the fall 1902 moves, saying he was leaving, but without surrendering, which meant that the replacement the rest of us had managed to find was not able to take his place. This has caused a substantial imbalance in the game.
echotwo

Postby Lucifers_Hammer » 22 Nov 2010, 04:12

I was late for reasons I explained in chatroom and IN GAME. RL emergency are subordinated to PlayDip ALWAYS ... therefore I will not join live games in the future again so as to not bend feelers of players like EchoTwo who clearly disagree and are of the opinion that PlayDip live games supersede RL everytime, all the time, full stop and no exceptions.

I DID surrender after telling everyone that I would do so thus giving everyone notice - have email from PlayDip to prove it. In fact there was a discussion on having everyone enter HOLD orders to allow for my exit. Echotwo (Italy I presume) probably saw an opporutunity to make hay with his Austrian ally and grab free Turkish SC - but I am only speculating now.

I have prided mysefl on NEVER surrendering so to do so was a bit a personal compromise. There was a player there ready to take my place (nojoesph with whom I had a private PM to coordinate with) after which I then surrendered.

And EchoTwo, before you climb up on the HUGE soapbox and post a message here about how you were HUGELY inconvenienced, game imbalanced, etc ... and THEN send me a PM after the fact to inform me on how you truly felt and that it is better to vomit your feelings in public first ... how about this.

--->>>>>>>>> PM me first to find out what the issue was, discern for yourself if it meets your high calibre of "surrendering 101 rules" and then if you feel the need to vent your childish spleen, do so.

For the record ... IF I HAVE A CUSTOMER SERVER DOWN AND I AM PLAYING PLAYDIP, SO SORRY BUT CUSTOMER COMES FIRST. As it was, ECHOTWO, I stayed playing for about 20 minutes to try and find a suitable replacement instead of leaving immediately.

If that is not acceptable to you ... dial 1-800-WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAABULANCE .... Sanction away now ....

My Motto in Life

--> Live Well. Live Honestly. Leave a Mark. <--

The End

Cataputl habeo. Aut ego me omnem pecuniam tuam in caput tuum saxum magnum mittitis
Lucifers_Hammer

All-game rating: 891

Postby raphtown » 22 Nov 2010, 07:26

Assuming that the accusation is a respect breach (surrendering for a valid reason with prior justification is not sanctionable) this report would have to be made to a member of the eviction committee for anything to be enacted. I have no power in such affairs.
raphtown

Postby Lucifers_Hammer » 22 Nov 2010, 09:44

Raphtown, the Classicists are dedicated to reducing NMR. Up until the live game where I had an emergency to deal with about 2 hours in, I had a 100% consistency and 0% surrender rate. Thus I do not need to be part of the Classicists to continue the NMR free streak when I play.

Rather than turn this into a he said / she said and coddling Echotwo's bent feelers, I respectfully withdraw from the Classicists. However, I 100% support the objective of the Classicists and enjoy playing the came with banter and humour - plus barbs thrown at players. Apparently some don't.

For the record I receive as good as I give.
My Motto in Life

--> Live Well. Live Honestly. Leave a Mark. <--

The End

Cataputl habeo. Aut ego me omnem pecuniam tuam in caput tuum saxum magnum mittitis
Lucifers_Hammer

All-game rating: 891

Postby echotwo » 22 Nov 2010, 10:57

raphtown wrote:Assuming that the accusation is a respect breach (surrendering for a valid reason with prior justification is not sanctionable) this report would have to be made to a member of the eviction committee for anything to be enacted. I have no power in such affairs.

No, nothing to do with any sort of notional respect-breach. I (erroneously?) believed that L_H hadn't surrendered from the game, based on the facts that the game didn't (and still doesn't) appear in the list of joinable games, and that his consistency-stats now include 6 NMRs (and zero surrenders).

The objection was to (a) waltzing into the game, leaving someone stranded and unable to join who'd been waiting for 45 minutes, and (b) to the game being left a player short. If as is claimed that the replacement's being unable to join was due to a site-bug rather than L_H's failure to surrender, objection (b) is withdrawn. But if he's withdrawing from the classicists anyway, it's irrelevant.
echotwo

Postby raphtown » 22 Nov 2010, 11:20

Lucifers_Hammer wrote:Raphtown, the Classicists are dedicated to reducing NMR. Up until the live game where I had an emergency to deal with about 2 hours in, I had a 100% consistency and 0% surrender rate. Thus I do not need to be part of the Classicists to continue the NMR free streak when I play.

Rather than turn this into a he said / she said and coddling Echotwo's bent feelers, I respectfully withdraw from the Classicists. However, I 100% support the objective of the Classicists and enjoy playing the came with banter and humour - plus barbs thrown at players. Apparently some don't.

For the record I receive as good as I give.

Very well then. Though it saddens me, I will remove you from the Classicists.
raphtown

Postby bb82 » 22 Nov 2010, 21:54

Some are being too harsh on LH. Maybe if it was a repeated problem. But it obviously hasn't been.

RL issues will excuse just about anything. And we did agree to all enter holds, if someone left, to end the live portion and have time to find a replacement. Whoever Italy is flat out rejected that notion when the time came for it AFTER LH left.

And he might have actually thought he surrendered from it before he quickly left. Mistakes happen. Besides, we were suppose to enter HOLDS. So he might have assumed we were doing that so when he came back, he would have some NMRs but still be able to continue. Some were way too happy about gobbling up his territories.

Due to what I deem 'classicists' are all about, especially with the humility part, that game should be made unranked. The NMRs and the lack of HOLDS when someone left only add more weight to the prior statement.
I will strive to have the strength to change what can and 'should' be changed, the courage to accept what can't be changed, and the wisdom to be able to tell the difference.
bb82
Sponsor
Sponsor

Timezone: GMT-6

Next

Return to Admin