Winter 1913 Adjustments

GM: Ceebs. Game ended with no result

Winter 1913 Adjustments

Postby Ceebs » 16 Jun 2011, 06:53

Only two build orders were submitted. England, China and Austria each have an unused build going forward.

I've thought further on the issue of Austria needing a replacement. Even with consent from both Austria and Russia for Pedros to take over both countries, it goes against the rules and spirit of the game. Giving Pedros control would unavoidably make Austria and Russia essentially one power, and that's not fair--such alliances can only happen through diplomacy. (For the record, Pedros has not accepted the secession, and the objection from France is a legitimate complaint that has partially reinforced my decision here).
I will have to canvas for a replacement since Austria is potentially gone until July. In the mean time, spring orders are welcome, but i will not set a deadline just yet.

Ceebs

Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: (1058)
All-game rating: (1204)
Timezone: GMT-5

Re: Winter 1913 Adjustments

Postby paulus » 16 Jun 2011, 14:16

Ceebs wrote:Only two build orders were submitted. England, China and Austria each have an unused build going forward.

I've thought further on the issue of Austria needing a replacement. . (For the record, Pedros has not accepted the secession, and the objection from France is a legitimate complaint that has partially reinforced my decision here).
I will have to canvas for a replacement since Austria is potentially gone until July. In the mean time, spring orders are welcome, but i will not set a deadline just yet.

Thank you Ceebs. I wasn't sure if my objection was "valid" or not. I haven't played enough Forum games to know whether this is standard practice or not. I know this will delay things, which is unfortunate. I hope the game does not stall altogether. Thank you for taking my concerns into account.
paulus

All-game rating: (1000)

Postby Pedros » 16 Jun 2011, 16:02

Somewhere along the line I missed Paulus' objection. But I was clear - my submitting orders on behalf of Austria would be an open and shut case of multi-accounting, and I don't feel quite ready to face Rick's big axe yet - even though he is absent at present!!

I hope it isn't common practice in other Forum games; if anybody comes across it, please let me know.
"Sooner or later, one of us will stab the other. But for now we're both better off as allies" (kininvie)
Pedros

Location: Somewhere full of gorse and brambles, West Cornwall
Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: (1085)
All-game rating: (1314)
Timezone: GMT

Postby Robert Gesualdo » 16 Jun 2011, 16:25

Hmm...

Does someone need a replacement?
Retired.
Robert Gesualdo

Class: Diplomat
All-game rating: (882)

Postby paulus » 17 Jun 2011, 18:47

Pedros wrote:Somewhere along the line I missed Paulus' objection.

I raised my objection privately with Ceebs as I wasn't sure if this was common practice or not. I did not want to embarrass myself to all of you. I don't mind embarrassing myself to Ceebs. But not to all of you ;)
Anyway, i'm grateful my concern seems valid. Looks like there could be a temporary replacement (Gesualdo). Do we wait it out until Jeanphi comes back? Woudl the replacement be temporary until Jeanphi's return?
paulus

Postby Robert Gesualdo » 17 Jun 2011, 19:33

paulus wrote:
Pedros wrote:Somewhere along the line I missed Paulus' objection.

I raised my objection privately with Ceebs as I wasn't sure if this was common practice or not. I did not want to embarrass myself to all of you. I don't mind embarrassing myself to Ceebs. But not to all of you ;)
Anyway, i'm grateful my concern seems valid. Looks like there could be a temporary replacement (Gesualdo). Do we wait it out until Jeanphi comes back? Woudl the replacement be temporary until Jeanphi's return?

Depending on Jeanphi's leave of absence, I would be willing to surrender control upon their return. Or I can play to conclusion, it's really up to you all/GM/jeanphi.

Also, paulus: It's RG for short.
Retired.
Robert Gesualdo

Postby paulus » 17 Jun 2011, 20:00

Robert Gesualdo wrote:Also, paulus: It's RG for short.

Sorry RG. I wrote in haste. I was remembering your last name, but not the first. No offence intended.
paulus

Postby Robert Gesualdo » 17 Jun 2011, 20:39

paulus wrote:
Robert Gesualdo wrote:Also, paulus: It's RG for short.

Sorry RG. I wrote in haste. I was remembering your last name, but not the first. No offence intended.

No need to apologize! I just merely mean to point out that RG is a bit easier than trying to spell my name!
Retired.
Robert Gesualdo

Postby paulus » 17 Jun 2011, 21:42

Robert Gesualdo wrote:
No need to apologize! I just merely mean to point out that RG is a bit easier than trying to spell my name!

Sorry again. I was worried i had offended.
PS I am Canadian. Apologizing is a well-founded stereotype. :roll:
paulus

Postby Ceebs » 18 Jun 2011, 22:50

Fantastic! RG if you are willing to play, then you're in! :D

I think Jeanphi may not be around to officially sound off his blessing, but i don't believe this is necessary anyways given the circumstances and everyone's desire to move on with the game.

Henceforth, Robert Gesualdo will be playing as Austria. Welcome!

RG--Please send me a PM to confirm your willingness. You should also check out the map rules post in our subforum and please let me know if you have any questions.

The Deadline for Spring 1914 Orders is Tuesday June 21 18:00 EDT (GMT-5)
Ceebs

Standard rating: (1058)
All-game rating: (1204)

Next

Return to Youngstown [Game 3]