World Dip 3 - Need up to 3 fill ins/replacements

GMs: DOI, Master Radishes, Waterice Man. 4-way draw - shockj (Colombia), AlphaTangoEcho (Europe), Steppenwulf (Lybia), Dar Krum (USA)

World Dip 3 - Need up to 3 fill ins/replacements

Postby Master Radishes » 16 Oct 2009, 07:55

There's going to be three countries that need new players at least temporarily (a couple might be permanently), so I need three players willing to step up and fill in. First come first served - you can pick which country you want. (I'm not saying which until you agree, then you'll get your choice - but at least one country is in a very good spot.)

If you're interested, respond here or PM me.

(PLEASE NOTE: I'm not sure if we have an ongoing backup list already - AK had one earlier, I believe - but if we do and someone on it wants to take over, then they'll take first priority.)

Here's the latest map, by the way.
Master Radishes

Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: (1000)
All-game rating: (1071)
Timezone: GMT

Re: World Dip 3 - Need up to 3 fill ins/replacements

Postby shockj » 16 Oct 2009, 10:20

I'm game. Only reason I bowed out was for a vacation that's now over. Bring it on.
Slay classy.

Washington wrote:Shockj has been known to go rouge on occasion
shockj

Class: Ambassador
All-game rating: (1000)
Timezone: GMT-6

Postby Steppenwulf » 16 Oct 2009, 17:16

I'll jump in too!
"The best weapon against an enemy is another enemy"
Friedrich Nietzsche
Steppenwulf

Class: Diplomat
Standard rating: (1021)
All-game rating: (1023)
Timezone: GMT-5

Postby Thungbard » 16 Oct 2009, 18:48

It'd be nice to know who's going to be taking over for me, I'm assuming it's going to be whoever was/is first on the list since it's somewhat unlikely that someone in a better position than me also needs a replacement.

Anyway I'm going on vacation in approximately 24 hours, so I'd love to know my replacement before then, so that I can pass on what my plans were going to be, which country I've promised what, etc. just to give them better odds of maintaining my position and to try to make sure my current allies aren't immediately shafted by my replacement.
Thungbard

Postby Steppenwulf » 16 Oct 2009, 19:14

Thungbard wrote:It'd be nice to know who's going to be taking over for me, I'm assuming it's going to be whoever was/is first on the list since it's somewhat unlikely that someone in a better position than me also needs a replacement.

Anyway I'm going on vacation in approximately 24 hours, so I'd love to know my replacement before then, so that I can pass on what my plans were going to be, which country I've promised what, etc. just to give them better odds of maintaining my position and to try to make sure my current allies aren't immediately shafted by my replacement.

Well, since I live just a few minutes drive from Thungbard. We share a common culture, philosophy, go to the same stores, and have probably seen each other a dozen times without recognizing each other, and have sworn at each other when driving. I suggest I should take over his units for the sake of continuity :mrgreen:
"The best weapon against an enemy is another enemy"
Friedrich Nietzsche
Steppenwulf

Standard rating: (1021)
All-game rating: (1023)

Postby Thungbard » 16 Oct 2009, 22:06

Steppenwulf wrote:Well, since I live just a few minutes drive from Thungbard. We share a common culture, philosophy, go to the same stores, and have probably seen each other a dozen times without recognizing each other, and have sworn at each other when driving. I suggest I should take over his units for the sake of continuity :mrgreen:

Well, I've never sworn at others when driving, it's always others swearing at me if there's any sort of swearing involved at all.

I go shopping at most 2 days a year, I own 10 identical pairs of pants(3 Dark Gray/3 Brown/4 Green but it's all the same identical brand of cargo pants) and only wear 3 different shirts right now(4 of a Brown/Tan shirt, 3 of a particular Red/White/Black shirt, and 6 of my Navy Blue/Orange shirt), I buy multiples just to make sure I can keep my going to stores to a minimum. So if we passed each other a dozen times, I was probably wearing the exact same thing each time and you probably would have recognized a guy that wears essentially the same outfit every time you saw him.

My philosophies include a belief that:
1) A pocket on the thighs of pants is one of man's greatest modern invention just so you don't have to sit on your wallet and your keys don't stab you whenever you sit down/run/move your legs.
2) All so called Famous People should be ignored, which includes all politician, movie stars, athletes, musicians, practically anyone who's ever been on tv, etc.
3) Communism, Dictators and Tyrants are cool, Capitalism sucks, anything to do with Business sucks.
4) Practically all Charities, Charitable Organizations, Organizations that collect or distribute money/food/clothing/etc. are dumb and accomplish nothing except to make people feel good about themselves
5) The social practice of exchanging or giving gifts is an illogical waste of time and effort, I never buy Christmas/birthday/wedding/etc. presents for anyone, and by now nobody expects me to even though everyone keeps buying them for me and that has nothing to do with being cheap, I pretty much buy stuff for people that specifically tell me what they want and when they want it, or food, I buy quite a lot of food for people.

Most people would agree that I have no culture, I don't really enjoy a whole lot of art, music or literature, and my diet of ordering everything plain without sauces, side dishes, condiments, with about 95% of my consisting of Chicken/Beef/Potatoes/Bread/Rice/Chocolate, I drink virtually no alcohol, don't smoke, do drugs and don't even have an accent, contrary to English not being my native language. I am thoroughly uncultured.

Replacing me for the sake of continuity might be difficult for you ... but honestly from what little I've seen from your play style, it's not entirely that different from my own, so I'd have no problems letting you take over for me, but it's really MR's decision since he is the GM, Personally I already consider the game a victory for me, I'm the biggest Libya that there's ever been, and not really threatened in that regard with several good options to continue growth, I'm satisfied with what I accomplished managing to hold my own against 17 other very capable opponents.
Thungbard

Postby AlphaTangoEcho » 17 Oct 2009, 03:07

bored, are we?
(former) Moderator of Mafia

And she had to apologize at once for her voice, which was a very unfair voice for a woman to use. Her voice was a warm, luminous, timeless melody.
AlphaTangoEcho

Postby Thungbard » 17 Oct 2009, 03:22

AlphaTangoEcho wrote:bored, are we?

Pretty much, what gave it away?

I had the day off of work and since I'm already packed I have nothing to do but sleep and kill time for the next 14 hours, already watched like 5 movies today, can't wait to jump on a plane tomorrow and watch another 3 on my way to Germany, :cry: Crazy bored, am I. My favourite PJ's got a 4" rip in them last week, so I also spent 2 hours sewing a patch on my $10 PJ's.
Last edited by Thungbard on 17 Oct 2009, 03:24, edited 1 time in total.
Thungbard

Postby AlphaTangoEcho » 17 Oct 2009, 03:23

I see

yes. I can see you are bored. So what's the destination?
(former) Moderator of Mafia

And she had to apologize at once for her voice, which was a very unfair voice for a woman to use. Her voice was a warm, luminous, timeless melody.
AlphaTangoEcho

Postby Thungbard » 17 Oct 2009, 03:25

Destination is Frankfurt, Oslo, Stockholm, and London.
Thungbard

Next

Return to Game 3