FALL 1913 ORDERS

GM: DRifteR. 4-way draw - sroca (Ghana), Diplomat (PacRus), Yorkshireman (S Africa), infinity8ball (India)

FALL 1913 ORDERS

Postby DRifteR » 19 Oct 2008, 02:24

Text results:

Canada (raytheruler)

NW Atlantic Ocean move carribean Sea
Beaufort Sea retreat NW Territories
Labrador Sea retreat to Newfoundland.

Image Results:

http://www.stanford.edu/~toddl/dip/spri ... etreat.gif

The current phase is FALL 1913 ORDERS. Your orders are due on:

11:59 PM Pacific Time, Monday October 20th, 2008 – for those in America
06:59 AM GMT, Tuesday October 21th, 2008 – for those in Europe

---> For any phase, you can submit late orders after the deadline BUT before the results are posted. After the results are posted, all orders are finalized. My apologies if this was unclear.
Last edited by DRifteR on 19 Oct 2008, 07:46, edited 1 time in total.
DRifteR

Class: Diplomat
All-game rating: (1000)
Timezone: GMT-8

Re: FALL 1913 ORDERS

Postby Diplomat » 19 Oct 2008, 04:36

Re: SPRING 1913 RETREAT
by Diplomat on 18 Oct 2008, 17:11

My suspicion is that Ray did not order any retreats, given his prior NMR. Is that the case Drift?

Drifter, Ray did get his orders in on time then?
Avatar courtesy of TheCraw. Many Thanks.
Diplomat

Postby DRifteR » 19 Oct 2008, 07:47

Well, technically he submitted them 9 hours after the deadline. But the thing was I was drinking last night and when I finally got home, I was in no frame of mind to do anything that involved thinking. So when I logged on this afternoon, I saw the orders there and processed them like normal. That's what happened.
DRifteR

Postby Diplomat » 19 Oct 2008, 09:09

If they are past the deadline then they are not valid, right? Or does everyone get 9 hours after dead line to get key orders in?
Diplomat

Postby DRifteR » 19 Oct 2008, 09:35

Orders are valid as long as they are submitted before results have been posted.

You see, sometimes I post results exactly at midnight, usually it's like an hour later, and sometimes I am really busy studying or partying that I cannot do it until the next day. I am a busy person. We are all busy people. I try, but I cannot always hold to a schedule like a server.

So as long as you submit before the posted deadline, you don't have to worry at all. If it's past the deadline but before the results have been posted -- hurry up, submit something, and consider yourself lucky. If the results have been posted already, nothing you can do about the past now, just look to the future.

I'm sorry for the misunderstanding, Diplomat. I did mention it was okay to submit late orders in the rules at the beginning.
DRifteR

Postby raytheruler » 19 Oct 2008, 15:46

Thank you very much Drifter!

Diplomat, Do you really need my three destroys to beat me? Haven't I rigged it enough for you already?
"It was easy to read the message in his entrails. Man was matter, that was Snowden's secret. Drop him out a window and he'll fall. Set fire to him and he'll burn. Bury him and he'll rot, like other kinds of garbage." -Joseph Heller
raytheruler

Timezone: GMT-6

Postby Diplomat » 19 Oct 2008, 17:51

No Ray, thats not it. Folks may forget but in 1901 I missed submitting orders by well under 1 hour and, when I contacted Drifter about it, these were builds by the way, nothing else, I was told too bad. Now builds, and I had 3 of them at the time, can have an influence on what everyone else builds and what they do. However in my case if you look back they did not, and would not have. Yet I was, as I said, told that it was too late.

Clearly there is no deadline at all so why post a time? Just say 'oh sometime Monday I will look at this and might post up the map' rather than 11:59pm Friday as if the minute makes a difference. Clearly it does not.

It also bothers me that the rules are not being enforced equally. The rules for abandonment were enforced in the beginning, and they were not for Spit or MT or you Ray, since all 3 of you missed many turns over the 2 turn limit that was allowed. Now the deadlines thing which hurt me in the beginning, but clearly is no longer being enforced. Its tough to know what is really going on here.
Diplomat

Postby infinity8ball » 19 Oct 2008, 21:39

He's got a point Drifter.
infinity8ball
Sponsor
Sponsor

Postby Diplomat » 20 Oct 2008, 01:33

Thanks Infinity.

Thanks And it is not like he did not have a chance to post the orders to you either. He logged in at least 3 times during the actual time frame to check on his games, or whatever, just not to send you orders. He event sent me a message about the game so he checked it at least once. There was opportunity to do so, just no orders.

I've also looked through all the posts and there is no mention at all that I can find of turns being allowed to be late if a map is not posted. In fact we have had several turns where no map was posted at all but the turn resolved when Spit or MR said they were working on it.

The rules that govern this game have been made 'flexible' clearly due to a lack consistency on how the game is run, how the rules are enforced, and against whom.

Drifter, as the GM, I must ask that you please enforce the rules correctly, equally, and without bias. Please post the correct version of the map.
Diplomat

Postby raytheruler » 20 Oct 2008, 02:07

What are you complaining about? Look at the board. You are winning by a ton. Now you just want to add salt the wound because I finally am able to submit them. My mom is in the goddamn hospital having an operation. If you really care this much, enforce these laws. Your going to look like a complete ass if you do though.
"It was easy to read the message in his entrails. Man was matter, that was Snowden's secret. Drop him out a window and he'll fall. Set fire to him and he'll burn. Bury him and he'll rot, like other kinds of garbage." -Joseph Heller
raytheruler

Next

Return to Game 1