Metagaming: Doosledorf and SimmoBear

Noticed any suspicious activity? Report it here.

Moderators: Alman, gareth66

Forum rules
Cheaters
In addition to the general Forum Guidelines there are additional rules for posting in this forum.
1. DO NOT POST BEFORE READING THIS: viewtopic.php?f=21&t=54352
2. Any Post made to influence a game is cheating and may cause You to be removed from the game.
3. DO NOT put the names of the players involved in the TITLE of the post. They can be given in the post, if necessary.
If the game is Anonymous, including Gunboat and Public Press Only, send a Private Message to the Cheater-hunters group.

Metagaming: Doosledorf and SimmoBear

Postby gareth66 » 24 Feb 2018, 09:56

The above two players are real life friends and have been playing together in several games. One of those so far looks above board, and I'll come back to that at the end. But two of them are anonymous games in which their friendship has clearly breached anonymity.

The most serious case involved ranked game 139525. In this game, which is at a quite advanced stage, there were several instances of evidence of out-of-game communication and it was clear from my correspondence with them that they each knew that the other was in the game and which country they were playing. Their cheating in this game (from which they have obviously been removed) has led directly to the elimination of at least one player and to a situation where they were shaping up for a 2-way draw. Given that the cheating has therefore had a very significant impact on the game, 139525 has been unranked.

I have also removed the pair from ranked game 141024. This game is in its very early stages (1903) and the pair were on opposite sides of the board. There was therefore no direct evidence of foul play in this game as of yet. However, it is an anonymous player's game and I cannot conceive that they have not breached anonymity. Especially as the game was created by SimmoBear. It was not conceivable that it would be fair to leave them in this game, and so they have been removed. However, given the game situation, 141024 has been left ranked.

Doosledorf and SimmoBear are playing together in another ranked game, that is in its early stages. There is no evidence as yet of cheating in this game, and, crucially, this one is not an anonymous game. I have therefore held off removing them from this game for the time being. Currently their accounts are disabled pending a commitment to site rules. If this is received within the next 24 hours then I will reactivate accounts subject to a warning, and keep an eye on events in this third game. If I have not received such a commitment within that time, or further rule breaches occur, then I will remove them from that game also.
gareth66

Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: (1485)
All-game rating: (1638)
Timezone: GMT

Re: Metagaming: Doosledorf and SimmoBear

Postby gareth66 » 24 Feb 2018, 11:53

A commitment to site rules has been received from SimmoBear. His account has therefore been reactivated subject to a warning. As this is now his second warning for the same offence, it is a final warning.
gareth66

Re: Metagaming: Doosledorf and SimmoBear

Postby gareth66 » 25 Feb 2018, 14:13

Account Doosledorf has now also been reactivated, subject to a warning, after a commitment was received to site rules.
gareth66

Return to Cheaters