1 center, 2 units? (161133)

If the judge doesn't behave correctly or you found another problem, report it here!
Forum rules
Bugs
In addition to the general Forum Guidelines (see here: viewtopic.php?f=130&t=15441), there are additional rules for posting in this forum.
1. Members should read the ‘Bugs Forum Guidelines’ thread.
2. In rare situations members have been known to post false bug reports in order to affect the game. This is considered cheating.
3. Please don't post information that might be detrimental to the game, such as revealing the power who sent a message. If further information is required by Admin to investigate the bug, you will be asked to provide it.
If the game a bug may have occurred in is anonymous, including Gunboat and Public Press Only, it is best to send a Private Message to the SITE HELP! group or to post using the Dolph Shtoss account rather than break anonymity.

1 center, 2 units? (161133)

Postby skullcrusher » 15 Nov 2019, 02:42

In this 3 player game, England and Austria have only 1 center left each, but they both have two units. How is this possible?
skullcrusher

Class: Diplomat
All-game rating: (1000)
Timezone: GMT+1

Re: 1 center, 2 units? (161133)

Postby phoenixking6931 » 15 Nov 2019, 06:34

I looked at your game and found the nature of the bug, though I can't fix it. You're in a game where MiguelD14 controls both England and Austria. This player ordered England to disband Yorkshire, but somehow was also allowed to order Austria to disband Yorkshire. The game looked at this and decided that both countries were requesting a disband of Yorkshire, and Yorkshire would be disbanded since the order from England was valid, so the game decided that both England and Austria had successfully submitted one disband order. However, the game then realized that Austria's disband of Yorkshire was invalid, so it decided to cancel the disband of Yorkshire, even though the order from England was valid. But this cancelling did not tell the game to auto-disband an English or Austrian unit, leaving two extra units on the board.
phoenixking6931

Class: Diplomat
Standard rating: 964
All-game rating: 965
Timezone: GMT

Re: 1 center, 2 units? (161133)

Postby condude1 » 15 Nov 2019, 22:33

Can confirm, this is definitely a bug. Also a very amusing and strategically sound play for E/A! :D
Telleo wrote:I don't think I've ever met someone who more perfectly embodied Chaotic Neutral than Condude1.

Moderator of the Mafia Subforums!

Silver member of The Classicists!
condude1

Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: (1368)
All-game rating: (1307)
Timezone: GMT-8

Return to Bugs