Broken Randomizer

If the judge doesn't behave correctly or you found another problem, report it here!
Forum rules
Bugs
In addition to the general Forum Guidelines (see here: viewtopic.php?f=130&t=15441), there are additional rules for posting in this forum.
1. Members should read the ‘Bugs Forum Guidelines’ thread.
2. In rare situations members have been known to post false bug reports in order to affect the game. This is considered cheating.
3. Please don't post information that might be detrimental to the game, such as revealing the power who sent a message. If further information is required by Admin to investigate the bug, you will be asked to provide it.
If the game a bug may have occurred in is anonymous, including Gunboat and Public Press Only, it is best to send a Private Message to the SITE HELP! group or to post using the Dolph Shtoss account rather than break anonymity.

Re: Broken Randomizer

Postby Fatmo » 04 Apr 2019, 02:41

I’ve gotten Turkey a lot randomly too. I will never complain about drawing Turkey though.

Almost certainly have drawn Austria the fewest times.

It’s definitely random though.

Lol at things being fishy in the Aegean :lol:
You don't know what I'm thinking...because I don't know what I'm doing.

Conq wrote:Fatmo — you are a relentless mountain stream, ever-flowing, slowly but surely carving away at the rock face below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jjEgjTfcEJk
Fatmo
Premium Member

Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: (1089)
All-game rating: (1050)
Timezone: GMT-8

Postby Don Juan of Austria » 04 Apr 2019, 11:36

Fatmo wrote:I’ve gotten Turkey a lot randomly too. I will never complain about drawing Turkey though.

Almost certainly have drawn Austria the fewest times.

It’s definitely random though.

Lol at things being fishy in the Aegean :lol:

I can't remember ever randomly drawing England, while Italy is picked on quite a bit.
"In everything, moderation". ~Aristotle
A proud member of the Whippersnappers,
Bronze Classicists,
Lancer in the PBF cavalry.

Ireland in Heptarchy 16!
Don Juan of Toledo in Diplomacy for Dukes and Popes!
Don Juan of Austria

Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: 1047
All-game rating: 1160
Timezone: GMT+2

Postby Mr.E » 07 Apr 2019, 01:18

sinnybee wrote:
Mr.E wrote:FCFS doesn't guarantee anything, of course. It gives you a better chance of getting the power you don't want.

lol what?? Choosing power X in a FCFS game gives you a 100% chance of getting power X!
It is a guarantee!

See, it isn't, because we're talking about being able to choose the power you want to play in a game. If that power is already gone you can't choose it. As you say, of course, you can join another game, or create another game, but that assumes that game will get filled.

The only way you can guarantee getting the power you want to play in a game is to start your own game, and hope that the choices you make when setting up the game are what people want to play. Not so this means two games which are on the waiting list.

Is that really what we want? Games waiting to start? Or games being played?
Respect neither opinions nor beliefs; only respect the person and the right to express them.
Play by the rules but be ferocious.
Mr.E
Premium Member

Class: Diplomat
Standard rating: 966
All-game rating: 1134
Timezone: GMT

Previous

Return to Bugs