Order Solver - Down?

If the judge doesn't behave correctly or you found another problem, report it here!
Forum rules
Bugs
In addition to the general Forum Guidelines (see here: viewtopic.php?f=130&t=15441), there are additional rules for posting in this forum.
1. Members should read the ‘Bugs Forum Guidelines’ thread.
2. In rare situations members have been known to post false bug reports in order to affect the game. This is considered cheating.
3. Please don't post information that might be detrimental to the game, such as revealing the power who sent a message. If further information is required by Admin to investigate the bug, you will be asked to provide it.
If the game a bug may have occurred in is anonymous, including Gunboat and Public Press Only, it is best to send a Private Message to the SITE HELP! group or to post using the Dolph Shtoss account rather than break anonymity.

Order Solver - Down?

Postby SteveHybrid » 18 Nov 2018, 22:52

I went to use it today and after I clicked resolve orders a blank screen came up saying "Order Resolutions" However the resolution below is not populating. Tried it on several browsers any thought onto what causes this?
-Steve
SteveHybrid
Premium Member

Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: 1238
All-game rating: 767
Timezone: GMT-5

Re: Order Solver - Down?

Postby Don Juan of Austria » 19 Nov 2018, 07:33

It worked for me yesterday afternoon, and I just tested it again, and it seems to be working fine for me.
"In everything, moderation". ~Aristotle
A proud member of the Whippersnappers,
Bronze Classicists,
Lancer in the PBF cavalry.

Ireland in Heptarchy 16!
Don Juan of Toledo in Diplomacy for Dukes and Popes!
Don Juan of Austria

Standard rating: (1047)
All-game rating: (1160)
Timezone: GMT+2

Postby super_dipsy » 19 Nov 2018, 07:45

Works fine for me.

What device are you on? And does it give any error messages? You said you were populating it ... what game were you using it on?
super_dipsy
Premium Member

Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: 1000
All-game rating: 931
Timezone: GMT

Postby SteveHybrid » 20 Nov 2018, 03:19

Game: 149073

It's just a blank white screen that says Order Resolutions. The below part is just blank.

Running latest ver. of Firefox
-Steve
SteveHybrid
Premium Member

Standard rating: 1238
All-game rating: 767
Timezone: GMT-5

Postby super_dipsy » 20 Nov 2018, 07:59

Ahah! Got it.

I never considered that issue. it is because it is an escalation game. When you try to populate the Orders Solver from the game details, it can see it is a 1900 map and so expects the countries to be 1900 countries (eg Britain, France etc) but instead they are different generals. So when you try to submit without specifying a country, it fails.

What you could do as a workaround is if you specify countries for the orders you want to try out, then it should be OK. But you wont be able to do all 11 countries because it is only going to recognize 7 countries. Best would be not to use the Populate option for the escalation game - if you want to try a particular order combo, just enter those from scratch - then it doesn't matter what countries you choose.
super_dipsy
Premium Member

Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: 1000
All-game rating: 931
Timezone: GMT

Return to Bugs