36-hour retreat in a 12-hour retreat game

If the judge doesn't behave correctly or you found another problem, report it here!
Forum rules
Bugs
In addition to the general Forum Guidelines (see here: viewtopic.php?f=130&t=15441), there are additional rules for posting in this forum.
1. Members should read the ‘Bugs Forum Guidelines’ thread.
2. In rare situations members have been known to post false bug reports in order to affect the game. This is considered cheating.
3. Please don't post information that might be detrimental to the game, such as revealing the power who sent a message. If further information is required by Admin to investigate the bug, you will be asked to provide it.
If the game a bug may have occurred in is anonymous, including Gunboat and Public Press Only, it is best to send a Private Message to the SITE HELP! group or to post using the Dolph Shtoss account rather than break anonymity.

36-hour retreat in a 12-hour retreat game

Postby The Bitter Clinger » 30 Oct 2018, 18:04

In 149174 (12 hours for orders, retreats, and builds), the Spring 1907 Retreat phase is set to end in 36 hours. I can't see what might have triggered the change. Thanks for the help.
The Bitter Clinger
Premium Member

Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: 1219
All-game rating: 1339
Timezone: GMT-5

Re: 36-hour retreat in a 12-hour retreat game

Postby NJLonghorn » 30 Oct 2018, 18:09

It is listed to not process deadlines on Halloween (10/31). Thus, 24 hours was added to the processing period.
Classicists, Aspiring Bronze Silver Gold Bronze Member
I have never surrendered and never NMR'd, and hope to keep that alive. Never mind, the perfect run has come to an end. Dammit, DAMMIT, DAMMIT.
NJLonghorn
Premium Member

Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: (1171)
All-game rating: (1439)

Postby The Bitter Clinger » 30 Oct 2018, 18:28

Aha. Stupid holiday. Thanks.
The Bitter Clinger
Premium Member

Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: 1219
All-game rating: 1339

Postby Don Juan of Austria » 30 Oct 2018, 19:19

B Clinger wrote:Stupid holiday.

Right on... ;)
"In everything, moderation". ~Aristotle
A proud member of the Whippersnappers,
Bronze Classicists,
Lancer in the PBF cavalry.

Ireland in Heptarchy 16!
Don Juan of Toledo in Diplomacy for Dukes and Popes!
Don Juan of Austria

Standard rating: (1047)
All-game rating: (1160)
Timezone: GMT+2

Postby Zosimus » 30 Oct 2018, 19:56

Yes, but remember that 10/31 is not Halloween but rather Peruvian music day. So enjoy some Peruvian music!

https://youtu.be/fOBdcuX1FyQ
Be more aggressive.
Zosimus

Standard rating: 1696
All-game rating: 1730

Postby V » 30 Oct 2018, 23:46

We live in the middle of nowhere 2.5 Kms from main road, down unlit side road. The only trick or treat we’ll see would be a remarkable trick of finding our house & then finding the way home on foot. Anyway, there is a tiny local school (just 9 pupils covering 6 year groups) & my wife loves to hand out vast quantities of Halloween Candy each year to the little ones. It’s all bought & ready for distribution, BUT the school mistress is unwell (there is only one) & the school temporarily closed while she recovers. I like chocolate & sweets, but if I eat this lot I’ll be on a diet til Christmas! So much for Halloween, silly holiday as you say...
Platinum Classicist
Voilà! In view, a humble vaudevillian veteran cast vicariously as both victim and villain by the vicissitudes of Fate. This visage, no mere veneer of vanity, is a vestige of the vox populi, now vacant, vanished.
V

Standard rating: (1718)
All-game rating: (1754)
Timezone: GMT-6

Postby asudevil » 31 Oct 2018, 01:20

Where the HELL do you live V
Captain FANG, forum team championships WINNER
Part of the surviving nations of WW4/Haven

Unless I am in the cheater's subforum. 99% of what I say is NOT as a mod.
asudevil
Premium Member

Standard rating: 1351
All-game rating: 1447
Timezone: GMT-7

Postby V » 31 Oct 2018, 02:39

We live in rural Costa Rica. They still have “village” schools here like other places had many years past. Very often the teacher was a pupil in the school where they become teacher. The communities are very old & everyone knows everyone, going back generations. The teachers are trained to cope with all age groups & subjects up until what in USA is referred to as middle school. At that point, school buses etc take kids to larger schools in our case at the top of the hill 2.5 Kms away & 300 metres higher up! Steep hill that. We don’t have a bus, kids walk, rain or shine. We don’t have unfit kids either...

It is of course a little expensive running a school for 9 kids but the results are fantastic (& schoolteachers here don’t get rich at it, it’s often a vocation). Most kids are bilingual (English & Spanish) before entering middle school. The testing system is rigorous & our local school has not had a graduate (in the memory of the community) rejected by the middle school for not being sufficiently prepared. Never, in the entire career of our school mistress (30+ years).

I truly love this place. It’s like a time warp where issues like honour, honesty, respect, decency, caring for others all still count & kids know it, reinforced by every parent & every teacher. The young people are smart, well informed, polite & caring. At 16 they get part time jobs in call centres for major US corporations, handling upset customers in their second language, calmly & professionally. At 16! The average Brit 16 year old couldn’t face an upset customer over the phone in their own language, let alone the customer’s. It’s another world that reminds me that sanity still exists.

But, we usually don’t get street lights, we’re lucky to have tarmac on the hill outside our house. It is not a wealthy country, but the wealth they have is used wisely, especially when it comes to education. I’m proud to be British, but when I look at what this place has achieved over the last 60 years (my lifetime) it puts my country to shame. Amazing what intelligent governance can achieve if you’re lucky enough to get it.

Oh well, there endeth the marketing speech for Costa Rica. As you can tell I love it. Visit sometime & you might as well.

Cheers V
Platinum Classicist
Voilà! In view, a humble vaudevillian veteran cast vicariously as both victim and villain by the vicissitudes of Fate. This visage, no mere veneer of vanity, is a vestige of the vox populi, now vacant, vanished.
V

Standard rating: (1718)
All-game rating: (1754)
Timezone: GMT-6

Return to Bugs