Odd Highlighting

If the judge doesn't behave correctly or you found another problem, report it here!
Forum rules
Bugs
In addition to the general Forum Guidelines (see here: viewtopic.php?f=130&t=15441), there are additional rules for posting in this forum.
1. Members should read the ‘Bugs Forum Guidelines’ thread.
2. In rare situations members have been known to post false bug reports in order to affect the game. This is considered cheating.
3. Please don't post information that might be detrimental to the game, such as revealing the power who sent a message. If further information is required by Admin to investigate the bug, you will be asked to provide it.
If the game a bug may have occurred in is anonymous, including Gunboat and Public Press Only, it is best to send a Private Message to the SITE HELP! group or to post using the Dolph Shtoss account rather than break anonymity.

Odd Highlighting

Postby GhostEcho » 09 Oct 2018, 23:13

Stepping back into the PlayDip game after a while forum-only (and occasional F2F) I ran across an odd color issue that I'm guessing is due to the new buttons and/or my choice of browser.

I use Opera on Windows 10, and the message screen looks like this while I'm writing (redacted to protect the guilty):

PlayDip Message.png
PlayDip Message.png (26.08 KiB) Viewed 698 times

The darker blue seems to be the same as the button color: I'm not sure where the lighter blue's from.
"When you absolutely don't know what to do any more, then it's time to panic." - Johann van der Wiel
"I'm not panicking, I'm watching you panic. It's more entertaining." - Elli Quinn
"[Diplomacy:] No dice or chance. Just calculated insincerity." - Counter Trap
GhostEcho

Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: 995
All-game rating: 970
Timezone: GMT-5

Re: Odd Highlighting

Postby super_dipsy » 10 Oct 2018, 07:47

Can I just check a few things? Obviously you have blacked out the content etc.. But am I right that where you are about to input it is that darker blue (but to me definitely not the button colour), then it runs into a lighter blue but there is another bit of darker blue at the bottom of the message?

That is really odd. The message box is one HTTP element, so there is no obvious reason why ANY of it should be coloured like that. And how on earth it has decided to put in two colours is very bizarre, because the whole area is open to input and therefore there is no reason for the second colour. If it is one uniform colour I could sort of see hoit might have happened, but not the mix.

Does it happen every time? And is it only on Reply? One thing that should not make any difference but might be worth a try is clearing your browser cache? It shouldn't be needed because the code forces the right level to load, but maybe worth a shot. Otherwise I will do some digging.
super_dipsy
Premium Member

Standard rating: 1000
All-game rating: 931
Timezone: GMT

Postby GhostEcho » 14 Oct 2018, 20:39

Update: it doesn't seem to be a PlayDip thing, because I noticed it happening on a different forum as well.
"When you absolutely don't know what to do any more, then it's time to panic." - Johann van der Wiel
"I'm not panicking, I'm watching you panic. It's more entertaining." - Elli Quinn
"[Diplomacy:] No dice or chance. Just calculated insincerity." - Counter Trap
GhostEcho

Standard rating: 995
All-game rating: 970
Timezone: GMT-5

Postby super_dipsy » 15 Oct 2018, 06:53

Phew! Thanks, I was really confused.

I mean sorry you have a problem with your phone/browser :( . Might be a good time to try a different browser. Personally I use Firefox on my phone.
super_dipsy
Premium Member

Standard rating: 1000
All-game rating: 931
Timezone: GMT

Return to Bugs