Orders in 146845. Fun times for some! not going through

If the judge doesn't behave correctly or you found another problem, report it here!
Forum rules
Bugs
In addition to the general Forum Guidelines (see here: viewtopic.php?f=130&t=15441), there are additional rules for posting in this forum.
1. Members should read the ‘Bugs Forum Guidelines’ thread.
2. In rare situations members have been known to post false bug reports in order to affect the game. This is considered cheating.
3. Please don't post information that might be detrimental to the game, such as revealing the power who sent a message. If further information is required by Admin to investigate the bug, you will be asked to provide it.
If the game a bug may have occurred in is anonymous, including Gunboat and Public Press Only, it is best to send a Private Message to the SITE HELP! group or to post using the Dolph Shtoss account rather than break anonymity.

Orders in 146845. Fun times for some! not going through

Postby AnneBonny » 02 Aug 2018, 13:35

Same thing as the title states. I even laid out in messages the orders I was putting through, but it seems that even after submitting them, they didn't go through in the game, and I got registered as NMR-ing.
AnneBonny

Class: Diplomat
Standard rating: (955)
All-game rating: (955)
Timezone: GMT

Re: Orders in 146845. Fun times for some! not going through

Postby super_dipsy » 02 Aug 2018, 15:00

Was the timer showing 0? Was it close to the deadline?
super_dipsy
Premium Member

Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: 1000
All-game rating: 931

Postby super_dipsy » 02 Aug 2018, 17:15

OK, I think I understand. The phase started to process at 13:06 server time, you logged in at 13:07. I suspect you were trying to shoot some orders in quick before the game finished processing, but you were too late I'm afraid...sorry. What a lot of people do is they set up a 'default' set of orders as soon as the phase changes, and then if they are running a bit late they at least have SOMETHING to execute :)
super_dipsy
Premium Member

Postby AnneBonny » 02 Aug 2018, 20:06

super_dipsy wrote:OK, I think I understand. The phase started to process at 13:06 server time, you logged in at 13:07. I suspect you were trying to shoot some orders in quick before the game finished processing, but you were too late I'm afraid...sorry. What a lot of people do is they set up a 'default' set of orders as soon as the phase changes, and then if they are running a bit late they at least have SOMETHING to execute :)

That's not what happened at all. I messaged Italy yesterday what my moves were and then set them, but they didn't go through.
AnneBonny

Postby super_dipsy » 02 Aug 2018, 20:33

Well, if that is the case, your orders never made it. A good habit to get into which a lot of people do is to always click on Refresh Orders in the orders tab when you have submitted them. This forces the orders as they stand to be reloaded from the database; in other words, it guarantees you will see what will be executed. if for some reason (for example a dodgy connection, or a misclick or something) the orders have never reached the server, you will see that they are not in your refreshed list.
super_dipsy
Premium Member

Postby AnneBonny » 02 Aug 2018, 20:40

So despite the fact that there is proof of me making my orders, I just miss my orders and get screwed on the game?
AnneBonny

Postby super_dipsy » 02 Aug 2018, 20:51

There is no proof at all that you made any orders. According to the database, you did not submit ANY orders in that phase. I'm afraid that the only proof you have is your claim that you did submit them. I am not saying I doubt your word, but since there is no evidence then there is nothing we can do.
super_dipsy
Premium Member

Postby AnneBonny » 02 Aug 2018, 21:19

super_dipsy wrote:There is no proof at all that you made any orders. According to the database, you did not submit ANY orders in that phase. I'm afraid that the only proof you have is your claim that you did submit them. I am not saying I doubt your word, but since there is no evidence then there is nothing we can do.

I can send you a screenshot of my message to Italy? It was from yesterday.
AnneBonny

Postby super_dipsy » 02 Aug 2018, 21:42

I hate to say this, but I'm afraid that does not prove anything. Messages are no evidence at all I'm afraid. All that really matters is what is in the orders database when the turn processes. I know it sounds unfair, but the fact is it is up to players to make sure that their orders are in properly. I realize this must be very upsetting, but all I can do is repeat that if you can get into the habit of always checking the stored orders using Refresh Orders, this will not happen again.
super_dipsy
Premium Member

Return to Bugs