Cannot input orders into unit / Does not appear in order lis

If the judge doesn't behave correctly or you found another problem, report it here!
Forum rules
Bugs
In addition to the general Forum Guidelines (see here: viewtopic.php?f=130&t=15441), there are additional rules for posting in this forum.
1. Members should read the ‘Bugs Forum Guidelines’ thread.
2. In rare situations members have been known to post false bug reports in order to affect the game. This is considered cheating.
3. Please don't post information that might be detrimental to the game, such as revealing the power who sent a message. If further information is required by Admin to investigate the bug, you will be asked to provide it.
If the game a bug may have occurred in is anonymous, including Gunboat and Public Press Only, it is best to send a Private Message to the SITE HELP! group or to post using the Dolph Shtoss account rather than break anonymity.

Cannot input orders into unit / Does not appear in order lis

Postby kanos7 » 01 Aug 2018, 16:15

Hello,

In game 145189. Let's play some dip! I currently control Warsaw, and the map shows and army in Warsaw and the country is colored in my colors. I'm playing as England.

I'm trying to input orders for Warsaw but I can't. I keep clicking on the country and the order menu does not appear, though other countries do just fine. Also I noticed Warsaw does not appear in my order list, which states I only have 10 units to command even though on my Status tab it clearly says I have 11 SC and no unit has been destroyed in the last turn.

thanks for any help I could get.

kanos
kanos7

Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: 1133
All-game rating: 1139
Timezone: GMT

Re: Cannot input orders into unit / Does not appear in order

Postby AKFD » 01 Aug 2018, 16:18

What phase has that problem began?
Silver Classicist!

Apparently "the biggest GoT fan" (@Pootleflump)

Have fun on this website. Signing off.
AKFD

Class: Diplomat
Standard rating: 830
All-game rating: 764
Timezone: GMT+8

Postby Strategus » 01 Aug 2018, 16:31

Tham thar Austrians are to blame. They snuck one of thar units in.
The Devil makes work for idle forces

Better to have fought and lost, than never to have fought at all
Actual Platinum Classicist
I did WDC 2017

Just say "NO!" To carebears and kittens
Strategus

Standard rating: 1583
All-game rating: 1708

Postby Strategus » 01 Aug 2018, 16:34

They destroyed your cannon!

I did WDC 2017

Strategus

Postby super_dipsy » 01 Aug 2018, 16:52

kanos7 wrote:Hello,

In game 145189. Let's play some dip! I currently control Warsaw, and the map shows and army in Warsaw and the country is colored in my colors. I'm playing as England.

kanos

That's your problem I'm afraid. The colours are so close that it is difficult to see the Austrian unit in Warsaw, given the colour of the teritory is the English colour. If you were using the regular map rather than the Retro one, you could use the 'hover' facility which would have told you immediately that the unit was Austrian. But since that is not supported on the Retro map, the answer is to go to the Order History. if you look closely at the Spring orders in the Order History, you will see that the unit you did have in Warsaw was destroyed, conquered by Austria. You may have been confused because you didn't get asked to retreat the unit, but in situations where there is no retreat possible (as in this case) the unit is destroyed immediately.
super_dipsy
Premium Member

Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: 1000
All-game rating: 931

Postby Strategus » 01 Aug 2018, 16:55

super_dipsy wrote:
kanos7 wrote:Hello,

kanos

That's your problem I'm afraid. The colours are so close that it is difficult to see the Austrian unit in Warsaw, given the colour of the teritory is the English colour. If you were using the regular map rather than the Retro one, you could use the 'hover' facility which would have told you immediately that the unit was Austrian. But since that is not supported on the Retro map, the answer is to go to the Order History. if you look closely at the Spring orders in the Order History, you will see that the unit you did have in Warsaw was destroyed, conquered by Austria. You may have been confused because you didn't get asked to retreat the unit, but in situations where there is no retreat possible (as in this case) the unit is destroyed immediately.

That's what I said.

I did WDC 2017

Strategus

Return to Bugs