game number: 139204 (no bug)

If the judge doesn't behave correctly or you found another problem, report it here!
Forum rules
Bugs
In addition to the general Forum Guidelines (see here: viewtopic.php?f=130&t=15441), there are additional rules for posting in this forum.
1. Members should read the ‘Bugs Forum Guidelines’ thread.
2. In rare situations members have been known to post false bug reports in order to affect the game. This is considered cheating.
3. Please don't post information that might be detrimental to the game, such as revealing the power who sent a message. If further information is required by Admin to investigate the bug, you will be asked to provide it.
If the game a bug may have occurred in is anonymous, including Gunboat and Public Press Only, it is best to send a Private Message to the SITE HELP! group or to post using the Dolph Shtoss account rather than break anonymity.

game number: 139204 (no bug)

Postby KEDeTore » 15 Jan 2018, 03:26

It’s a Friends game so I believe all are speaking honestly. We have a few countries with orders are not being processed correctly. It occurred with me (Germany) as well as France and Italy in the Spring. Italy alleging again in the latest Fall turn. Can an admin please review? Thank you very much.
KEDeTore
Premium Member

Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: 951
All-game rating: 921
Timezone: GMT

Re: game number: 139204

Postby WHSeward » 15 Jan 2018, 04:14

Your friends are either confused or ... well you know.
"As a general truth, communities prosper and flourish, or droop and decline, in just the degree that they practice or neglect to practice the primary duties of justice and humanity." WHS

A member of the Classicists.

Ask me about mentor games. Send me a PM or post in the Mentoring forum.
WHSeward

Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: (1633)
All-game rating: (1647)
Timezone: GMT-8

Postby super_dipsy » 15 Jan 2018, 09:27

Since it is a friends game, if you want to share anything you or your friends think is wrong, we can probably help clear things up for you :) Diplomacy adjudication rules are a bit of an art form :roll:
super_dipsy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Standard rating: (1000)
All-game rating: (956)

Postby asudevil » 15 Jan 2018, 16:09

Define...not being processed correctly.

Moves that you are putting in are "randomly" being changed to other moves...in which case I can guarantee they are "fibbing"

Or pieces you think should be doing something...aren't moving because of supports you are missing...in which case its a misunderstanding of rules.
Captain FANG, forum team championships WINNER
Part of the surviving nations of WW4/Haven

Unless I am in the cheater's subforum. 99% of what I say is NOT as a mod.

Want to play fantasy football next season here...Reigning Champion
asudevil
Premium Member

Standard rating: 1368
All-game rating: 1535
Timezone: GMT-7

Postby Jegpeg » 15 Jan 2018, 20:34

asudevil wrote:Define...not being processed correctly.

Moves that you are putting in are "randomly" being changed to other moves...in which case I can guarantee they are "fibbing".

Moves that you are putting in are "randomly" being changed to other moves could be the result of a hack; your friend knows/guessed your password and changed your orders to what you should have ordered.

I remember a while back somebody posted as a bug that there orders had been "randomly" changed but when looking at them they were just about the worst possible moves for the player.
Jegpeg

Standard rating: 1125
All-game rating: 1401

Postby gareth66 » 15 Jan 2018, 20:50

Jegpeg wrote:
asudevil wrote:Define...not being processed correctly.

Moves that you are putting in are "randomly" being changed to other moves...in which case I can guarantee they are "fibbing".

Moves that you are putting in are "randomly" being changed to other moves could be the result of a hack; your friend knows/guessed your password and changed your orders to what you should have ordered.

Which is not a Bug with the site, but carelessness with keeping your password safe.

The request for clarification about what the OP meant is a pertinent one, and no help can be offered until that question is answered - by the OP.
gareth66

Standard rating: (1485)
All-game rating: (1638)

Postby KEDeTore » 16 Jan 2018, 00:28

For example, in the Spring turn my Munich army supported Tyrolia (neighbor’s army) into Holland. It was an illegal move and I didn’t seek to support my neighbor at all. Italy complained his orders were incorrect (I don’t k ow what they were). It appears we entered our moves on mobile while others entered on pC, which may have been the cause.
KEDeTore
Premium Member

Standard rating: 951
All-game rating: 921

Postby WHSeward » 16 Jan 2018, 00:33

If you are entering on a mobile try

1) zooming in the unit you are ordering and clicking at a deliberate pace. Do not go too fast.
2) when you are done with all your units, go the orders tab and click "refresh" orders from server. This will load to your machine what the server is going to do.
"As a general truth, communities prosper and flourish, or droop and decline, in just the degree that they practice or neglect to practice the primary duties of justice and humanity." WHS

A member of the Classicists.

Ask me about mentor games. Send me a PM or post in the Mentoring forum.
WHSeward

Standard rating: (1633)
All-game rating: (1647)
Timezone: GMT-8

Postby asudevil » 16 Jan 2018, 00:47

KEDeTore wrote:For example, in the Spring turn my Munich army supported Tyrolia (neighbor’s army) into Holland. It was an illegal move and I didn’t seek to support my neighbor at all. Italy complained his orders were incorrect (I don’t k ow what they were). It appears we entered our moves on mobile while others entered on pC, which may have been the cause.

OR, someone grabbed your phone and changed something just for giggles.
Captain FANG, forum team championships WINNER
Part of the surviving nations of WW4/Haven

Unless I am in the cheater's subforum. 99% of what I say is NOT as a mod.

Want to play fantasy football next season here...Reigning Champion
asudevil
Premium Member

Standard rating: 1368
All-game rating: 1535
Timezone: GMT-7

Return to Bugs