Premium credits not returned after game cancel

If the judge doesn't behave correctly or you found another problem, report it here!
Forum rules
Bugs
In addition to the general Forum Guidelines (see here: viewtopic.php?f=130&t=15441), there are additional rules for posting in this forum.
1. Members should read the ‘Bugs Forum Guidelines’ thread.
2. In rare situations members have been known to post false bug reports in order to affect the game. This is considered cheating.
3. Please don't post information that might be detrimental to the game, such as revealing the power who sent a message. If further information is required by Admin to investigate the bug, you will be asked to provide it.
If the game a bug may have occurred in is anonymous, including Gunboat and Public Press Only, it is best to send a Private Message to the SITE HELP! group or to post using the Dolph Shtoss account rather than break anonymity.

Premium credits not returned after game cancel

Postby TheSlyHunter » 05 Jun 2020, 22:27

Hello!

As a premium member I recently started game 174769 which is named "$1,000,000 World Championship Final" for my friends and I. I bought premium credits and sent one to each player as this is the Milan variant. The 7th player was too late to join and so the game apparently auto-cancelled. I thought the premium credits would be returned so that we could start a new game but players lancestorres and Nodabba had no premium credits to join the new game I created so apparently lost the ones they used for the last game. I assume this is also true for the other players BiichAzzMF and Polbork and friedchickenlol. I can let you know for sure once they respond to me.

The premium membership page says " Each credit costs $5 and is used immediately you JOIN a premium game, although if you leave before the game starts it will be returned to you." If this applies to games being automatically canceled then I hope each of these players can be given their credit back and the bug fixed for the future. If an auto canceled game does not return credits let me know.

Thanks so much!
TheSlyHunter
Premium Member

Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: 974
All-game rating: 1351
Timezone: GMT-5

Re: Premium credits not returned after game cancel

Postby TheSlyHunter » 11 Jun 2020, 02:43

Update: I have gone ahead and bought more premium credits so I can get my new game going, but I still very much hope someone replies as I don't want this to ever happen in the future!
TheSlyHunter
Premium Member

Postby Thyrfing » 14 Jun 2020, 00:41

Hi Sly, sorry to hear your situation. But thank you for putting trust in the site by buying some more credits :)
I'm sure some staff member will help you as soon as possible, they've just been really busy lately.

There are also issues with emails so they might not be getting notifications from the forum bug posts: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=60493#p990905
Maybe you could try to send an email to the main developer: [email protected]
He might be able to help.
Thyrfing
Premium Member

Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: 1663
All-game rating: 1874
Timezone: GMT+1

Postby TheSlyHunter » 05 Jul 2020, 05:41

I understand, I know this isn't exactly a huge cooperate entity with hundreds of employees haha. Alas, Diplomacy is a game that deserves such...

My new game with the new credits started just before it too expired lol.

No hurry on this, but if they don't see this in a few months when I'll be wanting to start another game then I'll email the developer at that point.

Thanks!
TheSlyHunter
Premium Member

Postby super_dipsy » 05 Jul 2020, 07:42

When you say that the 7th player did not join in time, what do you mean? Do you mean the game got cancelled because it had not started after 30 days?
super_dipsy
Premium Member

Standard rating: (1000)
All-game rating: (931)
Timezone: GMT

Postby TheSlyHunter » 08 Jul 2020, 23:19

Yeah exactly we only had 6 and the 7th person I invited did not join before the 30 days passed. So it got auto cancelled which I hadn't realized was a thing lol.
TheSlyHunter
Premium Member

Postby super_dipsy » 09 Jul 2020, 06:14

Ah. Yes, it may well have not returned the credits. That was never in the code, never thought of games actualy dying after the 30-day limit :o

I will restore the credits and fix the code for the future.
super_dipsy
Premium Member

Standard rating: (1000)
All-game rating: (931)
Timezone: GMT

Postby TheSlyHunter » 16 Jul 2020, 19:37

Yay awesome!!!

Thanks!
TheSlyHunter
Premium Member