Draw Proposal Thread

GM: The Doctor. 3-way draw - ak47 (India), Steppenwulf (Turkey), AardvarkArmy (Germany)

Re: Draw Proposal Thread

Postby Steppenwulf » 15 Oct 2009, 04:40

Turkey accepts the Draw which is currently on the table (Germany, Turkey, India)
"The best weapon against an enemy is another enemy"
Friedrich Nietzsche
Steppenwulf

Class: Diplomat
Standard rating: (1021)
All-game rating: (1023)
Timezone: GMT-5

Postby deanchuk » 17 Oct 2009, 03:23

This is a VERY HARD for me to decide.
1) I want to game to be finished like every one.
2) It may sound a bit wierd, but i hope you guys understand that i dont think i should be different then Turkey, i dont think i should be out and he in, and oppsite.

I really think a 2 way draw will be the most fair hand, because me and Turkey were very dumb to reach the agreement so latley, instead of working together.

Gosh but i dont want to make every thing slower...

Well, i will wait to see your responses before il decide, im really sorry about this.
If you dont see the idiot of Europe, its you
The Playdip community votes:
Most active on forum-Gold
best suggestions-Gold

Manager of "Hey Deanchuk ATE The Young War Doctor Malcolm Smith" best team on league
deanchuk

Class: Ambassador
All-game rating: (1000)

Postby Firestorm94 » 17 Oct 2009, 04:27

Japan accepts the current draw proposal between Germany, India, and Turkey. Well played to you all.
Firestorm94

Standard rating: (1026)
All-game rating: (1025)
Timezone: GMT-6

Postby The Doctor » 17 Oct 2009, 17:41

Okay, just down to you dean.
Yes
The Doctor

All-game rating: 217

Postby deanchuk » 17 Oct 2009, 18:06

Il agree just because i dont want to slow every thing, but generally i dont think i should have a different score then Turkey....
best suggestions-Gold

Manager of "Hey Deanchuk ATE The Young War Doctor Malcolm Smith" best team on league
deanchuk

Postby The Doctor » 17 Oct 2009, 21:07

In fairness though, Turkey does have 15 SCs to your 8. And he seems to have successfully delayed an Indian attack, possibly suggesting a cooperation between the two of them to stop a German solo? Anyway, congrats to everyone for sticking it out, and congrats AA, ak, and Steppenwulf on the victory.
Yes
The Doctor

All-game rating: 217

Postby AardvarkArmy » 17 Oct 2009, 21:40

While I believe the 3-way draw was fair and correct, I think Deanchuk deserves an "Honorable Mention" for exceptional tactics, which allowed him to hang in there while sandwiched between two much larger powers... Hats off to you, Deanchuk!
SOLOS
ICE&FIRE.1-Martell/EXCALIBUR.1-Angles/EXCALIBUR.2-Scots/EMERALD-Sno/MOD.4-Italy/SENGOKU.1-OdaNobu/S.AMERICA.1-Peru

DRAWS
1930-China/BattleIsleA-Winterfell/S&S-Turkey/WORLD INFL-Venezuela/LECRAE-Dublin/WWIV.2-Cali/IMPERIAL1861.1-Trky/YNGSTWN.1-Grmny/AMERICAS.2-Mex/AFRICAN.2-S.Arabia
AardvarkArmy

Standard rating: (1034)
All-game rating: (1259)
Timezone: GMT-8

Postby deanchuk » 17 Oct 2009, 21:53

Thanks AA, but the truth is that you should have soloed.
Why? Because you have such brilliant campaign against France and England (but the NMRs a little bit helped you though).
But your best move of the game was to go against Russia, because if you wouldent Turkey would have got much much much stronger then he is, and i would have die much earlier.
Of course i saw it as a stab for our 3 way draw alliance, but deep inside i knew you had no other options, and it was me or Russia.

Fantastic games, i learned from my mistakes and ready for the second round to start :)
best suggestions-Gold

deanchuk

Postby Steppenwulf » 18 Oct 2009, 02:22

The Doctor wrote:In fairness though, Turkey does have 15 SCs to your 8. And he seems to have successfully delayed an Indian attack, possibly suggesting a cooperation between the two of them to stop a German solo? Anyway, congrats to everyone for sticking it out, and congrats AA, ak, and Steppenwulf on the victory.

Yes, Doc, you are right that I had been doing a lot of diplomacizing with India, and had got an agreement that we would prevent a German solo. Would India have kept to the agreement? Now we'll never know for sure.

If India and Germany stayed in perfect alliance, I agree that Turkey was dead. But I had every expectation of causing bumps in that alliance, especially as Germany had such a lead and looked like he could go for the solo - as AA has done in previous forum games. And I already had an agreement from India to cease hostilities. ;)

As for deanchuk, I'm sorry you disagree, but I think there is a big difference in the potential for Austria to be in the winner's circle, and the potential for Turkey to be in the winner's circle. I agree with AA, however on your tenacity and tactical play. Austria made game long alliance with Russia, and stabbed me when pretending to end it. It turned out to be a bad choice, as Russia was over extended and had made too many enemies. But he played a tough game, surviving and snipping off pieces of Turkey, as I was busy making sure Russia couldn't revive and hurt me.

Ak also played a cool as a cucumber game, avoiding every other large power and quietly growing huge.

And of course AardvarkArmy was the guaranteed winner of the game. I can't think of any scenario where he wouldn't be in the winner's circle - the question is how many of us could join him. Seeing his play in other games, his strategy in this game of spreading to the eastern seas, and his strength, I have no doubt he intended to try for a solo win, and had a shot. I think India saw that also, which is why we were coming to terms on an alliance.

It was a fun game. Thanks everyone.

A very special thanks to The Doctor who GMed this game so well - thank you very much for your hard work that let us enjoy this game! You were really an excellent GM, pm-ing us if we forgot to put in our moves on time, yet staying close to schedule. You put up with our abuse without a word - it was a great experience. Thank you!
"The best weapon against an enemy is another enemy"
Friedrich Nietzsche
Steppenwulf

Standard rating: (1021)
All-game rating: (1023)

Previous

Return to Game 1