END

GM: Magmaniac. Game ended in no resolution.

END

Postby Magmaniac » 08 Jun 2009, 23:11

In case you haven't been following in the other thread, We are ending. Here is the final map.
Magmaniac

Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: (1000)
All-game rating: (1000)
Timezone: GMT-6

Re: END

Postby Flatley » 09 Jun 2009, 00:11

My God, you bastards got lucky. I could have filled all of Asia without breaking a sweat!

EDIT: And thanks again for GMing this variant, Mag. This was hellacious fun, and I'm glad I was able to be part of it.
The enemy's gate is down.

Don't go thinkin' you so bad jes cuz you was in SOLDIER.

We've always been at war with Eastasia.
Flatley

Class: Diplomat

Postby Waterice man » 09 Jun 2009, 11:51

Flatley wrote:My God, you bastards got lucky. I could have filled all of Asia without breaking a sweat!

So why did you attack me?

If you hadn't, we could have filled Africa too - and won
Why did the chicken cross the Möbius strip?

The word 'surrender' derives from old French
Waterice man

Timezone: GMT

Postby TheChosen1 » 09 Jun 2009, 16:04

Winners?
I looked at the map for like 10 minutes now and thought what would happen and my resaultes was a 4-way draw between England, Netherlands, Portugal and me.
Why?
Me England and Netherlands just started to damage Russia ALOT and eventually we would defeat her (with Portugals little help).
After Russia we would want to explore more south to see whats there and we would have find all the centers in the Southeast.
Then we have a huge front on Spain (west from the new centers, North from North America and east from the ocean.
Portugal will probably come and attack Spain too after she wont have anything else to do and Spain will also be gone.
It leaves England, Portugal, Netherlands and me very strong and I dont think that there will be a new target.

Does everybody agree with me?
Raise my karma and I'll maybe raise yours!!!
TheChosen1

All-game rating: 605
Timezone: GMT+2

Postby gusmerrell » 09 Jun 2009, 16:25

im ok with that
"the enemy's gate is down. there is no gravity in here." ~Enders Game
gusmerrell

Timezone: GMT-5

Postby Flatley » 09 Jun 2009, 16:40

TheChosen1 wrote:Winners?
I looked at the map for like 10 minutes now and thought what would happen and my resaultes was a 4-way draw between England, Netherlands, Portugal and me.
Why?
Me England and Netherlands just started to damage Russia ALOT and eventually we would defeat her (with Portugals little help).
After Russia we would want to explore more south to see whats there and we would have find all the centers in the Southeast.
Then we have a huge front on Spain (west from the new centers, North from North America and east from the ocean.
Portugal will probably come and attack Spain too after she wont have anything else to do and Spain will also be gone.
It leaves England, Portugal, Netherlands and me very strong and I dont think that there will be a new target.

Started to damage Russia a lot? How, by forcing the disband of one of my fleets? I'd hardly consider that incapacitating. My intent was to continue to build up my fleets and blockade the Netherlands, then England, forcing them to split their forces between the New World and the old. Believe you me, I hardly noticed the fleet went missing.

Besides, I would have veto'd a four-way draw every time it was offered. This game has way too much in the way of options and opportunites to make a four-way draw realistic. I would have accepted two way at best, or three if it included me. But four way when it DOESN'T include me? No dice.

And as for Turkey, you probed into Asia when I strongly suggested you confine yourself to Africa. I don't like having neighbors.

Flatley

Postby Waterice man » 09 Jun 2009, 17:17

I had no land based options other than starting in the East. I was quite clearly moving south

Waterice man

Postby TheChosen1 » 09 Jun 2009, 18:18

Flatley wrote:
Why?

Started to damage Russia a lot? How, by forcing the disband of one of my fleets? I'd hardly consider that incapacitating. My intent was to continue to build up my fleets and blockade the Netherlands, then England, forcing them to split their forces between the New World and the old. Believe you me, I hardly noticed the fleet went missing.

Besides, I would have veto'd a four-way draw every time it was offered. This game has way too much in the way of options and opportunites to make a four-way draw realistic. I would have accepted two way at best, or three if it included me. But four way when it DOESN'T include me? No dice.

And as for Turkey, you probed into Asia when I strongly suggested you confine yourself to Africa. I don't like having neighbors.

did you see our in the far east, we were just about taking all east Russia?
Their not easy to see but look we have a trail going west that reached your SC, this turn we were about taking the first ones.
Raise my karma and I'll maybe raise yours!!!
TheChosen1

All-game rating: 605
Timezone: GMT+2

Postby Flatley » 09 Jun 2009, 18:27

TheChosen1 wrote:
Flatley wrote:
Why?

did you see our in the far east, we were just about taking all east Russia?
Their not easy to see but look we have a trail going west that reached your SC, this turn we were about taking the first ones.

Sure, I saw that. But I was in a position to continue to expand southward, negating any short-term gains you may have made. I had a plan of deployment that would have encapsulated your landing in a year, year and a half tops.

Flatley

Postby Waterice man » 09 Jun 2009, 20:12

Did you ever realise that I passed on that map to England and France after you attacked me? That would have helped their planning somewhat

Waterice man

Next

Return to Game 1