Diplomacy Academy 9: An Interview with Edi Birsan

What are your winning tactics? Kill them all? Discuss strategy for the classic and variant games using the classic map, or visit the sub-forums for the variant maps.
Forum rules
Strategy
In addition to the general Forum Guidelines (see here: http://www.playdiplomacy.com/forum/view ... 30&t=15441), there are additional rules for posting in this forum.
1. When discussing strategy, reference should not be made to any active game. This section of the Forum is for general strategy discussion, not specific situations within games.
2. It follows that links, images, game name and/or number should not be added to a post if the game is active.
Posts which refer to a specific situation in an active game, or which link directly to an active game, are subject to editing or removal.

Diplomacy Academy 9: An Interview with Edi Birsan

Postby DQ » 27 Apr 2020, 18:19

I sat down with hobby legend Edi Birsan (inventor of the Lepanto) after his first board at the World Championships in 2016. We discussed stabs, reading tells, and then got into hobby history. Edi started playing in the postal hobby as a teenager, and has thoughts about the evolution of the game in the internet age. Enjoy!

Stab you soon!
DQ

Class: Diplomat
Standard rating: (1062)
All-game rating: (1063)
Timezone: GMT-5

Re: Diplomacy Academy 9: An Interview with Edi Birsan

Postby DirtyHarry » 01 May 2020, 02:45

Awesome interview, and I it sounds like Edi has no problem being a kingmaker if the situation calls for it.
DirtyHarry
Premium Member

Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: 1363
All-game rating: 1395

Re: Diplomacy Academy 9: An Interview with Edi Birsan

Postby DQ » 01 May 2020, 05:47

DirtyHarry wrote:Awesome interview, and I it sounds like Edi has no problem being a kingmaker if the situation calls for it.

Thank you! Edi, in my experience, has absolutely NO problem with being the kingmaker- rewarding good behavior, and punishing bad behavior, is definitely one of his secondary goals. :P
Stab you soon!
DQ

Class: Diplomat
Standard rating: (1062)
All-game rating: (1063)

Return to Diplomacy Strategy