Strategy and Winning Tactics

What are your winning tactics? Kill them all? Discuss strategy for the classic and variant games using the classic map, or visit the sub-forums for the variant maps.
Forum rules
Strategy
In addition to the general Forum Guidelines (see here: http://www.playdiplomacy.com/forum/view ... 30&t=15441), there are additional rules for posting in this forum.
1. When discussing strategy, reference should not be made to any active game. This section of the Forum is for general strategy discussion, not specific situations within games.
2. It follows that links, images, game name and/or number should not be added to a post if the game is active.
Posts which refer to a specific situation in an active game, or which link directly to an active game, are subject to editing or removal.

Strategy and Winning Tactics

Postby Josey Wales » 07 Jul 2018, 08:39

Woohoo, NanooktheEskimo and Josey Wales facing off on a 2 player game. Should be a worthy one to watch as I suspect Nanook will be coming out firing on all cylinders and it will be a quick-witted Josey Wales required to survive the onslaught.

Watch this game for strategy, tips and general all-round fun. May the best country win!

146562. NanooktheEskimo vs Josey Wales … https://www.playdiplomacy.com/game_play.php?game_id=146562
If you are gonna fight, then fight like you are the third monkey on the ramp to Noah's ark … and brother, it just started to rain

Aspiring Classicist, Certified SPAM ABASSADOR, with a STAR
Josey Wales
Premium Member

Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: 1141
All-game rating: 1143
Timezone: GMT+10

Re: Strategy and Winning Tactics

Postby nanooktheeskimo » 07 Jul 2018, 11:15

So far it’s mostly been a series of gambles by Nanook that don’t pay off.
Platinum Classicist
(h/t lordelindel)

I am your (co-) Leader.

GM of WitA 7, WitA 8.

Come play face to face!

Need a forum game GM'ed? PM me!

Mod (but I'm normally not talking as one)
nanooktheeskimo
Premium Member

Standard rating: 1209
All-game rating: 1389
Timezone: GMT-5

Re: Strategy and Winning Tactics

Postby Josey Wales » 07 Jul 2018, 11:19

My strategy is I click until orders are actually entered or just flip a coin.
If you are gonna fight, then fight like you are the third monkey on the ramp to Noah's ark … and brother, it just started to rain

Aspiring Classicist, Certified SPAM ABASSADOR, with a STAR
Josey Wales
Premium Member

Standard rating: 1141
All-game rating: 1143
Timezone: GMT+10

Return to Diplomacy Strategy