Endgame Stabs and Risk/Reward Evaluation

What are your winning tactics? Kill them all? Discuss strategy for the classic and variant games using the classic map, or visit the sub-forums for the variant maps.
Forum rules
Strategy
In addition to the general Forum Guidelines (see here: http://www.playdiplomacy.com/forum/view ... 30&t=15441), there are additional rules for posting in this forum.
1. When discussing strategy, reference should not be made to any active game. This section of the Forum is for general strategy discussion, not specific situations within games.
2. It follows that links, images, game name and/or number should not be added to a post if the game is active.
Posts which refer to a specific situation in an active game, or which link directly to an active game, are subject to editing or removal.

How confident would you have to be that the stab in the OP would work, to make you try it?

I would never (or almost never) stab, for qualitative reasons.
No votes
I would never (or almost never) stab, because a 3way and 4way are the same to me.
19%
80%+
19%
70%+
12%
60%+
No votes
50%+
4%
I would always (or almost always) stab, because a 4way draw equals a loss to me but a 3way is worth more.
No votes
I would always (or almost always) stab, for qualitative reasons.
23%
I am indifferent, because either way I don't solo.
23%

Total votes : 26

Re: Endgame Stabs and Risk/Reward Evaluation

Postby David E. Cohen » 02 Aug 2018, 22:58

I love you too, Chris.

xoxo
Play every game of Diplomacy as if it will be the last game of Diplomacy you will ever play.
David E. Cohen

Class: Diplomat
All-game rating: (1000)
Timezone: GMT-5

Previous

Return to Diplomacy Strategy