[Redacted]- Allying with [Redacted] and [Redacted]?

What are your winning tactics? Kill them all? Discuss strategy for the classic and variant games using the classic map, or visit the sub-forums for the variant maps.
Forum rules
Strategy
In addition to the general Forum Guidelines (see here: http://www.playdiplomacy.com/forum/view ... 30&t=15441), there are additional rules for posting in this forum.
1. When discussing strategy, reference should not be made to any active game. This section of the Forum is for general strategy discussion, not specific situations within games.
2. It follows that links, images, game name and/or number should not be added to a post if the game is active.
Posts which refer to a specific situation in an active game, or which link directly to an active game, are subject to editing or removal.

[Redacted]- Allying with [Redacted] and [Redacted]?

Postby SSTLibertas » 04 Dec 2017, 16:14

Hi all,

I am starting a game as [Redacted] and I plan on allying with {Redacted] and [Redacted], and I have a DMZ with [Redacted]. I accepted a [Redacted] with [Redacted] and [Redacted], but plan on stabbing them down the road in favor of [Redacted] and [Redacted].

What are the strategic downsides to such an alliance? I notice that this arrangement is not very common in most games.

Thanks in advance!
Last edited by SSTLibertas on 04 Dec 2017, 16:34, edited 1 time in total.
SSTLibertas

Re: France- Allying with Russia and Austria?

Postby V » 04 Dec 2017, 16:20

Two small problems;

1. Discussion of active games is prohibited on the forum.
2. Hope the other 6 participants don’t read the forum:-)

Good luck in the game V
Platinum Classicist
Voilà! In view, a humble vaudevillian veteran cast vicariously as both victim and villain by the vicissitudes of Fate. This visage, no mere veneer of vanity, is a vestige of the vox populi, now vacant, vanished.
V

Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: (1718)
All-game rating: (1754)
Timezone: GMT-6

Postby SSTLibertas » 04 Dec 2017, 16:34

Well, this is a game occurring on a separate website (Backstabbr.com), so I'm not too worried about that.
SSTLibertas

Postby V » 04 Dec 2017, 16:39

In which case your probably fine, but I’m not a moderator so my opinion is irrelevant. Game # [Redacted] might make them a touch suspicious however:-)
Platinum Classicist
Voilà! In view, a humble vaudevillian veteran cast vicariously as both victim and villain by the vicissitudes of Fate. This visage, no mere veneer of vanity, is a vestige of the vox populi, now vacant, vanished.
V

Standard rating: (1718)
All-game rating: (1754)
Timezone: GMT-6

Postby nanooktheeskimo » 04 Dec 2017, 18:45

Identifying information redacted and post locked. Don't post about active games in the forum.
Platinum Classicist
(h/t lordelindel)

I am your (co-) Leader.

GM of WitA 7, WitA 8.

Come play face to face!

Need a forum game GM'ed? PM me!

Mod (but I'm normally not talking as one)
nanooktheeskimo
Site Admin
Site Admin

Standard rating: 1209
All-game rating: 1389
Timezone: GMT-5

Return to Diplomacy Strategy