1900 AARs

GM: Snoopymate25. 3-way draw - Diplomat (Austria) / Doctor Benway (Turkey) / Dunam (Italy)

Re: 1900 AARs

Postby deanchuk » 22 Mar 2009, 18:18

are you doing a new round :)?
If you dont see the idiot of Europe, its you
The Playdip community votes:
Most active on forum-Gold
best suggestions-Gold

Manager of "Hey Deanchuk ATE The Young War Doctor Malcolm Smith" best team on league
deanchuk

Class: Ambassador
All-game rating: (1000)
Timezone: GMT-5

Postby raytheruler » 22 Mar 2009, 21:22

If people want to i will be a GM, but ive got work to do today, so whoever wants to play should make a new thread advertising the game and get the necessaryy players/backups. If enough interest shows i will GM it...
"It was easy to read the message in his entrails. Man was matter, that was Snowden's secret. Drop him out a window and he'll fall. Set fire to him and he'll burn. Bury him and he'll rot, like other kinds of garbage." -Joseph Heller
raytheruler

Class: Diplomat
Timezone: GMT-6

Postby TheRedArmy » 01 Apr 2009, 18:45

Is this how in-depth the AARs and the insight into other players are for the pros?

...I've got a long way to go. I have a lot of trouble just getting a general idea of what a person is thinking and what kind of person he is.
Focus. Control. Conviction. Resolve. A true ace lacks none of these attributes. Nothing can deter you from the task at hand except your own fears.
Proud Member of the Diplomacy League team, The Force.
New to Diplomacy? Join a Mentor Game!
TheRedArmy

Postby lotr_freak » 01 Apr 2009, 19:12

TheRedArmy wrote:Is this how in-depth the AARs and the insight into other players are for the pros?

Haha depends on what you mean by "pro". I wouldn't say that I'm a pro or anything, I've just got experience.
"I wish the ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened. So do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide. All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you."

Gold Member of Classicists
lotr_freak

Standard rating: (1000)
Timezone: GMT-7

Postby TheRedArmy » 01 Apr 2009, 19:17

Well, I say "pro" I just mean the really good players on this site, which I think most would put you in LOTR. Though your humbleness is appreciated.

I would assume these things get better with experience, but for some, they certainly have some talent or skills in these fields as well, no?
Focus. Control. Conviction. Resolve. A true ace lacks none of these attributes. Nothing can deter you from the task at hand except your own fears.
Proud Member of the Diplomacy League team, The Force.
New to Diplomacy? Join a Mentor Game!
TheRedArmy

Postby raytheruler » 02 Apr 2009, 00:28

nah. you learn quick. looking back, i was quite a dumbass when i started.

i remember i sent a message to germany in my first game. saying "support me into the north sea" and nothing else (i was england). i lasted as far as 1903. :oops:
"It was easy to read the message in his entrails. Man was matter, that was Snowden's secret. Drop him out a window and he'll fall. Set fire to him and he'll burn. Bury him and he'll rot, like other kinds of garbage." -Joseph Heller
raytheruler

Previous

Return to Game 1