Draw or Die

GM: Snoopymate25. 3-way draw - Diplomat (Austria) / Doctor Benway (Turkey) / Dunam (Italy)

Re: Draw or Die

Postby Dunam » 04 Mar 2009, 09:00

Let's wait for that. The map is really cool though.
Saying "You're wrong! There is a god!" is as unhelpful as "You're wrong! There's no god!"
Dunam

Class: Diplomat
All-game rating: (1000)
Timezone: GMT+1

Postby Doctor Benway » 04 Mar 2009, 09:11

Sorry guys, I wasn't aware of this thread. Yes, I've been busy, but no, not learning to be a Doc. I am a Doctor, damnit! Just not of medicine is all, or at least not the type of medicine that they give out in pharmacies.

oh ya, and I accept.
Doctor Benway

Standard rating: (1047)
All-game rating: (1049)
Timezone: GMT-5

Postby lotr_freak » 04 Mar 2009, 18:55

Well that's game then.

Good one everybody! Enjoyed playing it a lot. ;-)
"I wish the ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened. So do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide. All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you."

Gold Member of Classicists
lotr_freak

Standard rating: (1000)
Timezone: GMT-7

Postby raytheruler » 04 Mar 2009, 21:55

I am a Doctor, damnit! Just not of medicine is all, or at least not the type of medicine that they give out in pharmacies.

...are you a street pharmacist?
"It was easy to read the message in his entrails. Man was matter, that was Snowden's secret. Drop him out a window and he'll fall. Set fire to him and he'll burn. Bury him and he'll rot, like other kinds of garbage." -Joseph Heller
raytheruler

Timezone: GMT-6

Postby raytheruler » 04 Mar 2009, 21:58

On a more serious note, that was a fun game. I like how switzerland brought italy and even austria into the west. I think we all controlled it at some point. Englands southern naval presence was also a HUGE factor as france. Ill write a whole aar later.
"It was easy to read the message in his entrails. Man was matter, that was Snowden's secret. Drop him out a window and he'll fall. Set fire to him and he'll burn. Bury him and he'll rot, like other kinds of garbage." -Joseph Heller
raytheruler

Timezone: GMT-6

Postby lotr_freak » 04 Mar 2009, 22:21

raytheruler wrote:On a more serious note, that was a fun game. I like how switzerland brought italy and even austria into the west. I think we all controlled it at some point. Englands southern naval presence was also a HUGE factor as france. Ill write a whole aar later.

I never controlled Switzerland :(
"I wish the ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened. So do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide. All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you."

lotr_freak

Postby AndyCooke » 05 Mar 2009, 23:46

Is it okay for spectators to post?
Because I'd like to say that I've been following this game for about 4 game years (since I found it) and I have found it highly interesting and entertaining. The variant looks extremely well-balanced and well thought out - it's a pity that it's not widely available.
Now it's over, I'd like to thank all of you for playing it out in public and especially Snoopymate25 for GM'ing. Cheers, all.

(relurks furtively)
http://xkcd.com/552/

Silver member of the Classicists
AndyCooke

Timezone: GMT

Postby lotr_freak » 05 Mar 2009, 23:50

AndyCooke wrote:Is it okay for spectators to post?
Because I'd like to say that I've been following this game for about 4 game years (since I found it) and I have found it highly interesting and entertaining. The variant looks extremely well-balanced and well thought out - it's a pity that it's not widely available.
Now it's over, I'd like to thank all of you for playing it out in public and especially Snoopymate25 for GM'ing. Cheers, all.

(relurks furtively)

Glad to hear that someone has been following it! The more interest in this variant the better I say!

Btw, since the game has ended, check out the AAR's, where we all explain our thoughts throughout the whole game, and make other random comments about each other and our experience. ;-)
viewtopic.php?f=36&t=4340
I'm about to post mine as a matter of fact.... And holy cow is it long. ;-)

lotr_freak

Previous

Return to Game 1