1900 04' Spring

GM: Snoopymate25. 3-way draw - Diplomat (Austria) / Doctor Benway (Turkey) / Dunam (Italy)

Re: 1900 04' Spring

Postby Diplomat » 11 Feb 2009, 09:38

there's only six players left, not seven.

Slip of the tongue there mayhaps? Running a multi there?
Avatar courtesy of TheCraw. Many Thanks.
Diplomat

Class: Diplomat
All-game rating: (1000)
Timezone: GMT-8

Postby Doctor Benway » 11 Feb 2009, 09:43

Another thing : If you look at the Spring 03 thread, Snoopymate posted the map, followed it up by announcing the error in the map,

to which Diplomat replied : " Fishy... very fishy. That changes everything. I attack Doc Ben!"

to which lotr_freak replied : "I attack him too! You better watch out now..."

Now, I'm not saying that proves you knew about post or anything, I know how you like to get the last post on each thread of these forum games (I've even tried, unsuccessfully to stop you), but you can't claim you didn't have a fair chance to catch the change when you replied to a reply to the announcement.
Doctor Benway

Standard rating: (1047)
All-game rating: (1049)
Timezone: GMT-5

Postby Diplomat » 11 Feb 2009, 09:45

:shock: :!:

I guess Snoopy sort of figures people will read his posts about the game. Not reading posts? Who wouldn't read the posts? It seems a basic thing to do and, seeing how a change from prior to this turn hurts your cause, well "You have to admit, it's a little weird" to be arguing to change something back by saying you did not read a post. I mean, "I still do not know how or why that could have happened (not reading a post). If it (not reading a post) is explained to me logically, and there is a reasonable explanation for it (not reading a post), then I will accept it (not reading a post), and humbly rescind my opinion, with apologies." if I've made a mistake or something of course. I guess not reading posts could be an innocent mistake, but then again claiming to have not read posts... that could be cheating!

Something Wierd here, claiming not to have read posts that you replied to??? :o
Diplomat

Postby Doctor Benway » 11 Feb 2009, 09:46

Doctor Benway wrote:Six players, seven powers. I think you're forgetting the mighty England

Diplomat wrote:Slip of the tongue there mayhaps? Running a multi there?

Ha! I meant to say FINland. Though I suppose the word "mighty" is just as hilariously out of place in front of either. (sorry dilip....I mean me...I mean dilip)
Doctor Benway

Standard rating: (1047)
All-game rating: (1049)
Timezone: GMT-5

Postby Diplomat » 11 Feb 2009, 11:17

The mighty mighty Finland!
Diplomat

Postby dilip » 11 Feb 2009, 12:04

Well i guess the games up. Doc.. why did you(I) have to let it slip.
Well i don't think Diplomat's point is arguable, it wasn't labeled at the begininng, so it shouldn't be changed. There, impaled you on your own sword.
Anyways, this isn't a democracy, Snoopy's word is the only say
When arousing a tiger, do so with a long stick- Chinese proverb
dilip

Timezone: GMT+6

Postby raytheruler » 11 Feb 2009, 21:49

whatever. i dont even care anymore. you win again. lets just procede with the game.

though i will have a thing or 2 to say at the end of all this...
"It was easy to read the message in his entrails. Man was matter, that was Snowden's secret. Drop him out a window and he'll fall. Set fire to him and he'll burn. Bury him and he'll rot, like other kinds of garbage." -Joseph Heller
raytheruler

Timezone: GMT-6

Postby Diplomat » 11 Feb 2009, 22:06

Please, adress the argument that is presented. If you can show me I am wrong do so. ILm only supporting snoops decicion using LOTRs arguments and the rules. Find something to support your side and we can talk about that. Also no need to wait there Ray, have your say now.
Diplomat

Postby Diplomat » 11 Feb 2009, 22:09

Oh and how have I won? Last I saw doc and dilip and I have fewer centers that your triple. Must be that cheating I do to get into such a great position I guess.
Diplomat

Postby Dunam » 11 Feb 2009, 22:21

It's not about who wins. It's not even that big of a deal. Regardless of how the map looked, I thought it made sense to play it the way it was initially proposed. That's the way the map was designed, that's the map that I studied.

On the other hand, it also makes sense to finish the game with the map as it was when we started it and anyone who would have had a problem with it, would surely have spoken up long before now.

Then snoopy, who is the coolest guy ever for hosting this, realized that he didn't have the map completely correct. He decided to update it. If anyone had a problem with it, that would have been the right time to say something about it.

If it comes up later because it messes with your strategy.... as much as I might want it to be true as a player of this game, I don't think it's fair in the spirit of fairplay.
Saying "You're wrong! There is a god!" is as unhelpful as "You're wrong! There's no god!"
Dunam

Timezone: GMT+1

PreviousNext

Return to Game 1