1900 04' Spring

GM: Snoopymate25. 3-way draw - Diplomat (Austria) / Doctor Benway (Turkey) / Dunam (Italy)

Re: 1900 04' Spring

Postby lotr_freak » 11 Feb 2009, 01:32

Diplomat wrote:@ Lotr - Snoopy covered the Macedonia issue here http://www.playdiplomacy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=3653
already, he was basically posting the wrong map that showed a NC for Mac when it should not. I'm ok either way the map looks, as long as we know one way or the other. The first map that was posted to start the game was the one that had the 3 coasts though.

Okay, I didn't notice that before. But I think we should stick with the map that we started the game with, the one where Mac extends between Con and Bul. That changed the whole dynamics of the game for Turkey, as well as Austria. I think it should stay how it was.
"I wish the ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened. So do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide. All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you."

Gold Member of Classicists
lotr_freak

Class: Diplomat
Standard rating: (1000)
All-game rating: (1000)
Timezone: GMT-7

Postby Diplomat » 11 Feb 2009, 01:34

Gal should not be there which is why I thought there would be an opening I would have to cover if G gained Silesia. Ukr should have bounced War, not Gal, so its a wash. Neither unit would have gone anywhere. Please disregard it of course and Snoopy can remove it when he posts the retreat map. Promise Ray, no bribes ;)

On the delay, at this point I expect we are going to end up waiting a week after the post tomorrow but lets wait for Snoopy to return to confirm.
Avatar courtesy of TheCraw. Many Thanks.
Diplomat

Timezone: GMT-8

Postby Diplomat » 11 Feb 2009, 01:35

My vote is whatever Snoopy wants to do but, for my part, the coast/no coast issue has made no difference at all to me. Doc might say different but looking at the moves I doubt it.
Diplomat

Postby lotr_freak » 11 Feb 2009, 01:37

So why did you enter a command for an army in Gal, when there wasn't even one there? You should have entered one for Ukr....
"I wish the ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened. So do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide. All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you."

lotr_freak

Postby lotr_freak » 11 Feb 2009, 01:40

Well at the beginning of the game Turkey could have moved right to Bul, taking it. Instead it sat vacant, until several turns later, when Austria took it. Since then it has been ceded to Turkey obviously, but he has now moved the fleet that was there straight to Con, which changes the dynamics of the game in the Mediterranean area I believe. I think it should be changed back to the way we started the game with.

lotr_freak

Postby Diplomat » 11 Feb 2009, 02:56

I think I looked at the map and did not write orders correctly, why? as I said it makes no difference at all. Treat it as an improper order or carry the order out, the map looks all the same no matter what you do because of the bounces. Do you disagree or is there more conspiracy theory to talk about ;)
Diplomat

Postby Diplomat » 11 Feb 2009, 02:58

I'm changing my vote to support of Snoopy's decision then and no change just because I like playing Devil's Advocate in these debates about the game. Also, the first map did not have any designation of NC so, by rule, if not designated it does not exist.
Diplomat

Postby lotr_freak » 11 Feb 2009, 02:59

I am not accusing you of cheating or anything, but you have to admit it looks kinda suspicious when you enter an order for a non-existent army, and lo and behold that army just appears on the board... It just seems weird to me. I don't understand how that could have happened.

lotr_freak

Postby Diplomat » 11 Feb 2009, 03:11

I am not accusing you of cheating or anything, but you have to admit it looks kinda suspicious when you enter an order for a non-existent army, and lo and behold that army just appears on the board... It just seems weird to me. I don't understand how that could have happened.

Hmmm someone misorders a unit... I wonder how that could happen?

Actually you are accusing by the way, though you are doing it in an underhanded behind your back way by suggesting 'it looks kinda suspicious'. Suspicious how? Another way than cheating? Please... at least man up and make the accusation.
Diplomat

Postby raytheruler » 11 Feb 2009, 03:33

yeah. LOTRs not the one accusing you of cheating/bribing here. get your facts straight. ;)

i am in favor of the north coast as well. It has been there for most of the game and probably had some shaping in that area. if we change it now, it will seem as if we are just giving turkey a fast pass to the mediterreanean, which is a little unfair. prehaps had this been brought up at a different time it would be a different story, but as it is, it is poor timing.
"It was easy to read the message in his entrails. Man was matter, that was Snowden's secret. Drop him out a window and he'll fall. Set fire to him and he'll burn. Bury him and he'll rot, like other kinds of garbage." -Joseph Heller
raytheruler

Timezone: GMT-6

PreviousNext

Return to Game 1