1900 03' Fall Results

GM: Snoopymate25. 3-way draw - Diplomat (Austria) / Doctor Benway (Turkey) / Dunam (Italy)

Re: 1900 03' Spring Results

Postby lotr_freak » 08 Feb 2009, 00:42

For the record, I'm fine with it.
"I wish the ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened. So do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide. All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you."

Gold Member of Classicists
lotr_freak

Class: Diplomat
Standard rating: (1000)
All-game rating: (1000)
Timezone: GMT-7

Postby DRifteR » 08 Feb 2009, 00:49

I don't really know what happened in this game now or earlier, I'm just a casual observer. Snoopy, the GM has the authority here.

But to clarify on my position as a former World Dip GM, I was lenient and I accepted late orders up until the public posting of the map. On our specific case Dip, you PMd me after the public posting. Regardless, you still DOMINATEDthat game. :) I was impressed

I feel that after the posting of results "time has advanced" and you can't go back. More importantly, you can't change your orders after because you could have seen what everyone else wrote and that would be unfair. However on the other side, leniency up until the public posting allows for real-life stuff for everyone involved. Also it's like the 0 counter that lotr_freak said.

The ideal GM would log on early before the deadline, make the new map, and post it immediately after the deadline. Then this would not be an issue. Sadly this is not always possible.

ANYWAYS that is just my point of view. I have no personal grudge, interest, or power in this game at all :)
DRifteR

Timezone: GMT-8

Postby Diplomat » 08 Feb 2009, 00:59

Agreed Drifter, you posted that map right away usually, you were very good about it, and my orders were in draft and were not noticed til 11mins afterwards the turn when the map posted up. Now if snoopy goes back on his decision that the orders would not count this time, and we vote on it and it passes, what happens next time? Do we all vote again that time, and if we don't pass it then is saying no then fair either? I think since he made the call independently of this discussion that is what we should go with. Not a decision he makes while under pressure but the one he made initially, since it is his call. Hell I would not mind being able to retreat to ven right now, I can better threaten more of Italy, but that hurts Italys ability to defend against me next turn. Fair to Ray, not fair to Dun, seems there is no win here but, ultimately late is late.
Avatar courtesy of TheCraw. Many Thanks.
Diplomat

Postby Snoopymate25 » 08 Feb 2009, 01:05

That's actually what happened, I had just finished the map when I got the new orders from ray. I try to make the map a few minutes after the deadline in case someone changes their orders at the last minute. At least that's what I try to do ;).
Snoopymate25

Timezone: GMT-6

Postby lotr_freak » 08 Feb 2009, 01:09

Snoopymate25 wrote:That's actually what happened, I had just finished the map when I got the new orders from ray. I try to make the map a few minutes after the deadline in case someone changes their orders at the last minute. At least that's what I try to do ;).

In that case, let's just move on, and put this behind us. The current map is the final one.
"I wish the ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened. So do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide. All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you."

lotr_freak

Postby Dunam » 08 Feb 2009, 02:29

I'm glad I don't have to deal with an army in venice yet, but I'm cool with the orders being processed either way. Seems like we're putting it behind us? Fine.

I think that the best guidelines are:

1. "Don't expect your orders to be processed if they're late, but if you're in lucky circumstance and not too late, they might"
2. "Don't assume that people can't change their orders even if it's slightly past deadline: Wait till you see the map"
Saying "You're wrong! There is a god!" is as unhelpful as "You're wrong! There's no god!"
Dunam

Timezone: GMT+1

Postby Diplomat » 08 Feb 2009, 04:48

OK so when is the next turn then? Just wait and see? Builds/destroys should be in now of course.
Diplomat

Postby raytheruler » 08 Feb 2009, 06:12

OK. im happy people actually took what i said seriously. thank you drifter for the input.

I dont think that Diplomat could retreat to venice. I think i wouldve gotten in....but i guess that doesn't matter now.

just to clarify could you, Snoopy, express your veiws on the late orders issue so that we dont have to go through this again? im assuming that they have to be before the deadline, but i would like some confirmation on your part.
"It was easy to read the message in his entrails. Man was matter, that was Snowden's secret. Drop him out a window and he'll fall. Set fire to him and he'll burn. Bury him and he'll rot, like other kinds of garbage." -Joseph Heller
raytheruler

Timezone: GMT-6

Postby Diplomat » 08 Feb 2009, 07:13

Vienna or Venice would be the retreat lanes... or am I looking at a different map than you Ray? Also I think Snoopy has said several times he considered them late and so did not include them.
Diplomat

Postby lotr_freak » 08 Feb 2009, 09:43

Snoop has decided, and we are now moving on.

lotr_freak

PreviousNext

Return to Game 1