1900 03' Fall Results

GM: Snoopymate25. 3-way draw - Diplomat (Austria) / Doctor Benway (Turkey) / Dunam (Italy)

Re: 1900 03' Spring Results

Postby lotr_freak » 07 Feb 2009, 07:50

Diplomat wrote:A couple of things

A couple? That was more than a couple.... 4 to be exact. :?

Diplomat wrote:In THIS case it appears that Snoopy is pretty diligent about making sure orders are taken based on when they are submitted and is diligent about trying to get the results out quickly as well.

The thing is, I have submitted orders after the deadline myself, and they've been used. In this game. I just think we need to be consistent.... But like I said, I'll go with Snoop on this one, since he's the GM, and he seems to have decided. :roll: lol.

Diplomat wrote:4. I need to borrow some patches from someone, so I can patch it up with Ray again

Oooh, pick me, pick me!! I'll volunteer some!

Diplomat wrote:that way I can have a clear conscience next turn... ;)

....or will you..... :?
"I wish the ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened. So do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide. All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you."

Gold Member of Classicists
lotr_freak

Class: Diplomat
Standard rating: (1000)
All-game rating: (1000)
Timezone: GMT-7

Postby Diplomat » 07 Feb 2009, 07:51

Now I know where all my smiley faces went when I needed them! Lotr had them! :D
Avatar courtesy of TheCraw. Many Thanks.
Diplomat

Timezone: GMT-8

Postby lotr_freak » 07 Feb 2009, 07:57

Diplomat wrote:Now I know where all my smiley faces went when I needed them! Lotr had them! :D

Haha.... Yes I do use them a lot. It's cause there are so many, and they let you express your emotions so well!! :P :lol:
"I wish the ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened. So do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide. All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you."

Gold Member of Classicists
lotr_freak

Standard rating: (1000)
Timezone: GMT-7

Postby Diplomat » 07 Feb 2009, 10:26

:) :D ;) 8-) :lol:
Diplomat

Postby Dunam » 07 Feb 2009, 14:47

I remember diplomat making no problem of the early center in this game where his move orders were missed. Some people thought he should be allowed to still get them in because it was a safe and logical move, but he accepted it and moved on. He isn't being a hypocrite.

But I know it sucks ray. It is painful, but it's not the end of the world. The whole game does not depend on that move.
Saying "You're wrong! There is a god!" is as unhelpful as "You're wrong! There's no god!"
Dunam

Timezone: GMT+1

Postby raytheruler » 07 Feb 2009, 17:06

lotr_freak wrote:The thing is, I have submitted orders after the deadline myself, and they've been used. In this game. I just think we need to be consistent.... But like I said, I'll go with Snoop on this one, since he's the GM, and he seems to have decided. :roll: lol.

my point exactly. if you are going to come down hard on the tardy orders, go right ahead. But you gave us the impression of a lenient GM who processed late orders (which i haveno problem with.) Trouble is, we (im sure i speak for others too) got them idea that you didn't really care that much. If you could just establish a clear point of veiw on this game, it would be good. As of now, it seems... a little unfair that the first orders not to be processed are my own in a very critical turn too. I had no knowledge of Diplomat's intentions. He really suprised me there. :shock: the crazy part of this turn was that at least 3 seperate stabs were attempted. and it really puts a damper on our offense if Diplomat knows were coming. I ask that you, Snoopy, process these orders and then set up rules which you will announce to the players adressing late orders. Imm sorry if I have come off demanding or offensive throught these procedings. I assurre you it was not intentional.

and as i recall dunam, he simply did not suubmit orders at ALL. thats a totally different topic. mine were submitted well before the orders were revealed. big difference.
"It was easy to read the message in his entrails. Man was matter, that was Snowden's secret. Drop him out a window and he'll fall. Set fire to him and he'll burn. Bury him and he'll rot, like other kinds of garbage." -Joseph Heller
raytheruler

Timezone: GMT-6

Postby Diplomat » 07 Feb 2009, 21:16

Actually Ray is right on the orders, I did not get them in under deadline and, as the map posted immediately, I never bothered since it knew it was too late. I mistimed when the EST/GMT thing hit and realized immediately. Sort of the same, but not exactly. I would have sent them in but I knew it was too late, deadline past.

But Ray, your antagonism was not a secret. You've been refusing to attack then supporting Germany for 2 turns! I knew you had broken away already. Ask the other players. I had predicted it and had been pushing to stab you as a result, which Dun finally did, though I did not think he would.
Diplomat

Postby raytheruler » 07 Feb 2009, 22:33

still. i would like those orders to be processed (in case if you didn't catch that ;) ) and no diplomat, you alienated me by stopping the sending of messages to me. i wasn't about to help you after that. but. this really doesn't matter.
"It was easy to read the message in his entrails. Man was matter, that was Snowden's secret. Drop him out a window and he'll fall. Set fire to him and he'll burn. Bury him and he'll rot, like other kinds of garbage." -Joseph Heller
raytheruler

Postby Snoopymate25 » 07 Feb 2009, 23:02

Sigh, this is my problem, if those orders you sent me put you in worse position, then you would be thanking me. I'm sorry if this seems inconsistent, but I don't intentionally give grace. However, if everyone feels that your orders should be counted, that's fine with me. But if everyone is cool with it, I'll change it. I'll give about 24 hours to try and get everyone agree to this.
Snoopymate25

Postby raytheruler » 08 Feb 2009, 00:20

im sure everyone wont. i believe that they are fair, but (if i win) i dont want it to be controversial or anything. im trying to play by the rules.

and if you hadn't processed my late orders.. i probably wouldn't have drawn attention to it. you are right. :oops:

now ive gotten over my initial righteous anger because i see that you are really considering it. I still would like the change but i dont want to cause a huge fuss, and only if most everyone else is fine with it.
raytheruler

PreviousNext

Return to Game 1