Changes to the draw system

This is where we inform about development updates.

Changes to the draw system

Postby Avalanche » 21 Oct 2010, 17:48

super_dipsy just released changes to the way draws are handled:

1) accepting one draw will no longer block you from accepting any other draw. You can now accept multiple draw offers and the one that receives confirmation from all surviving countries is the one that will go through.

2) 5-, 6- and 7-way draws are now allowed with 1, 0 and 0 points for each country respectively.

The purpose was to address two specific issues. One was the 'draw proposal deadlock' situation that has proved such an irritation to many, where you have to wait for two overlapping draw proposals to expire before you can finish a game. The other was to provide a way for people to close out a game where for whatever reason they do not want to continue.
Avalanche
Site Admin
Site Admin

Class: Diplomat
Standard rating: (955)
All-game rating: (1013)
Timezone: GMT+1

Re: Changes to the draw system

Postby Master Radishes » 21 Oct 2010, 19:09

Excellent. Although I enjoyed using the one-draw-at-a-time thing to avoid accepting a certain draw and giving my intentions away. ;) But yeah, good changes. Many thanks!
Master Radishes

Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: (1000)
All-game rating: (1071)
Timezone: GMT

Re: Changes to the draw system

Postby Dar Krum » 22 Oct 2010, 16:12

One Jedi trick done away with! I, for one, never stooped to such a tactic... :|
Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been,...If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods,...will have lived a noble life and live on in the memories of your loved ones. - Marcus Aurelius
Dar Krum

Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: (1164)
All-game rating: (1115)
Timezone: GMT-4

Return to Developments