Youngstown II - S01 Orders

GMs: jazzguy1987, Jobson15. Game ended with no resolution.

Re: Youngstown II - S01 Orders

Postby paulus » 19 Apr 2010, 20:03

Jobson15 wrote:Still a few orders needed. PMs sent out to the offenders, I'd rather not start with some NMRs.

"offenderS" Yikes, I hope there aren't many. Although I'm very eager, I agree with waiting.
paulus

Class: Ambassador
All-game rating: (1000)
Timezone: GMT-5

Postby TheYank » 19 Apr 2010, 20:27

paulus wrote:
Jobson15 wrote:Still a few orders needed. PMs sent out to the offenders, I'd rather not start with some NMRs.

"offenderS" Yikes, I hope there aren't many. Although I'm very eager, I agree with waiting.

Agreed. Though I hope we don't wait too long. Wouldn't want to set a bad precedent.
Winner of Greed!
Come watch Renaissance Diplomacy! See our sub-forum for more info.
Silver member of The Classicists.
TheYank

Class: Diplomat

Postby Ceebs » 19 Apr 2010, 21:49

I suspect one of them is Japan, who hasn't read my PM yet from Apr 15th. Anybody heard from him in-game? However, his profile page does say that he signed in today...

If he doesn't rejoin us, perhaps we ought to be looking for a replacement?
Ceebs

Standard rating: (1058)
All-game rating: (1204)

Postby TheYank » 19 Apr 2010, 22:36

Ceebs wrote:I suspect one of them is Japan, who hasn't read my PM yet from Apr 15th. Anybody heard from him in-game? However, his profile page does say that he signed in today...

If he doesn't rejoin us, perhaps we ought to be looking for a replacement?

Ah yes. He didn't read mine either. Good catch.
Winner of Greed!
TheYank

Postby TheYank » 21 Apr 2010, 15:18

So what's the deal with moving foward?
Winner of Greed!
TheYank

Postby paulus » 21 Apr 2010, 15:54

I just saw Japan (tsarandreas3000 I think) enter the following message in the original call for this game:

"Japan. This will be interesting. CONFIRMED". It's dated just a few minutes ago (on April 21). That might imply he doesn't know it has begun. There is also another player, Interstellar, who is interested in being a back-up. Perhaps part of the problem is that Youngstown seems to be listed in a few different areas on the Forum. For example, we are currently communicating and playing the game in
Forum Game<Finished<Youngstown
Perhaps we should be listing in the Forum Game<In Progress (or whatever it's called) area.
I'm just trying to give benefit of the doubt to what might be newer players. NO excuse for not responding to PMs, but depending on how they've configured their accounts, perhaps they don't even know they have messages.
Just grasping here. Hope we can move on soon.
paulus

Postby TheYank » 21 Apr 2010, 16:21

paulus wrote:I just saw Japan (tsarandreas3000 I think) enter the following message in the original call for this game:

"Japan. This will be interesting. CONFIRMED". It's dated just a few minutes ago (on April 21). That might imply he doesn't know it has begun. There is also another player, Interstellar, who is interested in being a back-up. Perhaps part of the problem is that Youngstown seems to be listed in a few different areas on the Forum. For example, we are currently communicating and playing the game in
Forum Game<Finished<Youngstown
Perhaps we should be listing in the Forum Game<In Progress (or whatever it's called) area.
I'm just trying to give benefit of the doubt to what might be newer players. NO excuse for not responding to PMs, but depending on how they've configured their accounts, perhaps they don't even know they have messages.
Just grasping here. Hope we can move on soon.

I've read that no one has heard back from the admin, so creating new threads in the In Progress area has stalled. I also saw the message in the other forum, so that explains that. Not sure what happened there.

It would be nice to have maybe a new solid deadline for those who haven't yet entered their orders, so we can get back on some kind of schedule.
Winner of Greed!
TheYank

Postby Ceebs » 21 Apr 2010, 20:59

We definitely need a new deadline or this game will fizzle out before it's even off the ground. Preferably we can get going within 24-36hrs?
Are we waiting on orders from others besides Japan?
Also, there's at least one person interested in being a backup/replacement...perhaps we ought to invite him in to take over a chair if others will not be participating....
Lastly, for clarifications sake i think we need a solid NMR policy going forward. I for one am fine with having strict deadlines.
Ceebs

Standard rating: (1058)
All-game rating: (1204)

Postby paulus » 21 Apr 2010, 22:36

Ceebs wrote:We definitely need a new deadline or this game will fizzle out before it's even off the ground. Preferably we can get going within 24-36hrs?
Are we waiting on orders from others besides Japan?
Also, there's at least one person interested in being a backup/replacement...perhaps we ought to invite him in to take over a chair if others will not be participating....
Lastly, for clarifications sake i think we need a solid NMR policy going forward. I for one am fine with having strict deadlines.

I agree with much of what Ceebs said (I'm a bit more flexible with NMR, say 12-24 hour leniency, but at discretion of our fine GM).And yes, Interstellar has publicly indicated interest in playing, but in another Forum area. I've PMd him directly to PM our GM as should all of you if you know anyone else. Perhaps there is more than 1 NMR. That would be very disappointing.
paulus

Postby TsarAndreas3000 » 22 Apr 2010, 15:31

All.

Apologies for my unresponsiveness. I've been sitting exams recently and have been buried in books and notes accordingly.

I'm now very much in the game, and will staying in contact.

Thank you all for your patience.

Regards

TsarAndreas3000 - Emperor of Japan
TsarAndreas3000

Timezone: GMT

PreviousNext

Return to Game 2