Diplomacy World Cup Update (START DATE)

Info and games. No resolution.

Re: Diplomacy World Cup Update (START DATE)

Postby iShine » 31 Oct 2010, 02:48

I would do that, but I don't want anyone else with the game passwords except for me, to avoid people getting the wrnog game.
WOODCHUCKS, QUIT CHUCKIN' MY WOOD!
iShine

Class: Diplomat
All-game rating: (1000)
Timezone: GMT-5

Postby Stander » 31 Oct 2010, 22:54

iShine wrote:I would do that, but I don't want anyone else with the game passwords except for me, to avoid people getting the wrnog game.

You send the captains only details of their games only with relevant passwrods, country assignment, etc and they then send on to their players only the details relevent to their own particular game. Theey are not captains just for the title - make them work for it.

You don't get every player getting every unnecessary password that way - they only get their own game.
I will be running the London Marathon on 22nd April 2012 to raise funds to help disabled children and in memory of my darling wife who sadly passed away in January 2012.

To find out more or to donate please visit:- http://www.justgiving.com/BigRunningFool
Stander
Elite Sponsor
Elite Sponsor

Location: Mainly running the streets of Essex, getting wet, cold and bloody miserable.
Timezone: GMT

Postby iShine » 03 Nov 2010, 23:53

I've had less than outstanding participation...
iShine

Postby detroit_red » 04 Nov 2010, 02:32

iShine wrote:I've had less than outstanding participation...

I'm recommend sending PMs to all the captains if you need them to do anything, rather than just expecting them to keep this particular thread in their daily reading. By all means, post here--but I think you'd get a better response by also sending out PMs to the parties concerned. Just a thought.
detroit_red

Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: (1000)
All-game rating: (1028)
Timezone: GMT-8

Postby Madman von Cheesy » 10 Nov 2010, 01:43

Err

Aren't we meant to be starting now? Tying to keep my itchy fingers signing up for more games.
Melchett: Field Marshal Haig has formulated a brilliant new tactical plan to ensure final victory in the field.
Blackadder: Ah. Would this brilliant plan involve us climbing out of our trenches and walking very slowly towards the enemy?
Madman von Cheesy

Timezone: GMT+10

Postby iShine » 10 Nov 2010, 22:32

Yeah we are.

But there's a slight problem: BARELY ANYONE IS DOING WHAT I ASKED THEM TO DO! X(
iShine

Postby echotwo » 11 Nov 2010, 01:32

iShine wrote:But there's a slight problem: BARELY ANYONE IS DOING WHAT I ASKED THEM TO DO! X(

If you want people to do what you ask them to do, try asking them to do more sensible things.
echotwo

Timezone: GMT

Postby iShine » 11 Nov 2010, 02:22

I believe I ask them to do completely sensible things.

Look. It's not like I have all the time in the world to run this; School's a kicker. If people aren't going to actively participate, then there isn't any point in running it.

What's the decision?
iShine

Postby Madman von Cheesy » 11 Nov 2010, 02:59

:?: :? :?: :? :?:

I am amazed at people such as yourself ishine doing this work for other peoples entertaiment. Much apprecaited

My team captian I believe sent you a list but why dont you just do what stander says??? I think the team captains should be responsible enough to assign players to created games. Surely they want a good tournament too??? does it matter that you give out passwords to delegates (team captains)????
Melchett: Field Marshal Haig has formulated a brilliant new tactical plan to ensure final victory in the field.
Blackadder: Ah. Would this brilliant plan involve us climbing out of our trenches and walking very slowly towards the enemy?
Madman von Cheesy

Timezone: GMT+10

Postby iShine » 11 Nov 2010, 03:52

Thanks, madman. And yeah, your captain did. I've gotten 4 teams' information. I'm going to need the remaining team captains to confirm their participation, as some I don't believe have been active. Gimmie time. I'll probably end up doing it Stander's way, as this doesn't look like it's working out very well.
iShine

PreviousNext

Return to Diplomacy World Cup [FIN]