Diplomacy World Cup

Info and games. No resolution.

Diplomacy World Cup

Postby iShine » 11 Aug 2010, 03:18

Hey,

So, I've seen this played on other sites. I'll do my best to explain it. Interested Captains please post your area that your team will be from or same nationallity and start looking for players from the same area! Read below:

Overview:

Basically, this is a Diplomacy-game war between the different nations (probably going to be "areas" since there aren't enough people!) of the world.
A member would step forth to become a "Captain" for a certain area (i.e. Northeast of US, South west US, China, Southern-European, etc.)
This newly founded Captain would then open up a "Sign Up" thread for their team. They would then proceed to recruit other Diplomacy players from the area that their team is from.

Now, let's get into the specifics....

Becoming a Captain:

So, you want to become a captain for a certain area in the Diplomacy World Cup.

First, you need an area that your team will represent. YOU MUST USE YOUR NATIONALITY, CURRENT LOCATION, or something else. You must be connected blood-wise with your area or something along the lines. Also, be sure to pick a place that has a considerable amount of people. You want enough players, don't you?

If you have thought of an area that you are from, (i.e. Since I'm part Greek, I would choose Greece or Southeast Europe) you must now post here that you want to be a captain.

After that, you should become a captain and I will add you to the list of Captains.

Now, you need PLAYERS. Set up a Sign Up thread to recruit players for your team. Remember, they must be of the same Nationality for your team!

There will be 4 players on each team. 1 playing a regular diplomacy game, 1 playing a Gunboat game, 1 playing an Age of Empires variant, and 1 playing a "Chaos FOW" game. You as Captain decides who plays what.

Once you get a player signed up, you can if you want, test them of their nationality; a simple test that any person of your nation would know. For example, see if they know your native language, history, etc. If they pass, add them to the roster! Remember, only 4 people.

After you get your players, you will be responsible for creating and running your own team thread which is pretty much used to just keep track of what people are playing, how many points you have, etc.

Finally, remember. No 2 Captains may have a team for over lapping or identical areas. Must be different places.

Becoming a Player

Recently you've been reading around the descriptions of the tournament, and you want in.

First, think. Where are you from? Where were you born? Where do you live currently? What is your nationality?

Next, look around for a Sign-Up thread for your country/area. Sign up, and prepare for the tournament with your teammates!

Games

The games will be played on-site, with their respective variant, and will be RANKED.

Each game will be password protected, and when it is ready to play, I will send out the password to all participants and they will join.

Deadlines will be 48/24/24. I feel like almost everybody can handle that kind of deadline. The games will be played on the new map.

Format

Each team member will be assigned to a game. No 2 players of the same team will be together. There will be 4 different types of games: Classic, Chaos FOW, Gunboat, and Age of Empires. All games are equipped with Speed Deadlines, and all games will be anonymous.

See: Scoring to learn how games are resolved.

Scoring

Each game that a team member wins will get a certain amount of points awarded to their team. For a solo you get 5 points, 3 for a 2 way draw, 2 for a 3 way draw, and 1 point for a 4 way draw. Games MUST end either in a Solo or a draw.

The team with the most points at the end of the round wins that round. The tournament then proceeds to the next round in the same format.

A team must win 3 rounds in order to be crowned World Cup victor.

Surrenders

If a player is auto surrendered or surrenders purposefully, it is up to the Captain of the surrenderee's team to find a replacement for the player. If a replacement is not found in 1 and a half weeks time, then the team in question will recieve a 5 point penalty because of the surrender.

Interested?

Current Captains: (And their threads, click to see Players and team info)

QueenOfHearts-Team USA
HonestAbe- "East Asia"
Kian-Team Britanna
detroit_red- "Team Africa!!!"
Lucifers_Hammer- "Team Canada" (1 and 2)
an49- "Team Europe"
Last edited by iShine on 29 Sep 2010, 22:31, edited 25 times in total.
WOODCHUCKS, QUIT CHUCKIN' MY WOOD!
iShine

Class: Diplomat
All-game rating: (1000)
Timezone: GMT-5

Re: Diplomacy World Cup

Postby AlphaTangoEcho » 11 Aug 2010, 03:31

I wouldn't recommend starting this now, I would wait until fall when the school year starts.
(former) Moderator of Mafia

And she had to apologize at once for her voice, which was a very unfair voice for a woman to use. Her voice was a warm, luminous, timeless melody.
AlphaTangoEcho

Postby HonestAbe » 11 Aug 2010, 03:52

I'd like to be captain of 'East Asia', comprising Hong Kong, China, South Korea, Japan, Taiwan and the Philippines.
HonestAbe

Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: (1411)
All-game rating: (1587)
Timezone: GMT+8

Postby QueenOfHearts » 11 Aug 2010, 09:27

I'm not advocating this starting now as ATE said, but when done, I'd like the East Coast (USA)
`·.„¸¸¸„‹•*˜¨˜°*•›„¸¸¸„.·´QoH`·.„¸¸¸„‹•*˜¨˜°*•›„¸¸¸„.·´
`·.„¸¸¸„‹•*˜¨Always played, never won!˜°*•›„¸¸¸„.·´

Thanks to SidneyKidney for my sexy avatar. It has a copyright on it.
QueenOfHearts
Sponsor
Sponsor

Postby Valoriane » 11 Aug 2010, 13:57

I’d like to be the captain of Team “Post Soviet” – this will include all the countries that once belonged to the Soviet Union (I am from Georgia and live in Georgia). As for why so many countries are included – I wouldn’t be able to get 7 more players if I only included a few countries.
"Diplomacy - a game in which you must kill those who aren't loyal to you and annihilate those who are" - Valoriane (1994-)
Valoriane

All-game rating: 13
Timezone: GMT+4

Postby iShine » 11 Aug 2010, 16:45

AlphaTangoEcho wrote:I wouldn't recommend starting this now, I would wait until fall when the school year starts.

It's going to start when we get enough people, which will not be for a while, probably even after the school year starts.
iShine

Postby iShine » 11 Aug 2010, 16:50

All of you qualify as Captains :)

Remember, set up a Sign-Up thread for your team so that you can have a ready team for when we start.
iShine

Postby detroit_red » 11 Aug 2010, 20:08

Sigh. I imagine there aren't seven of you up for a Team Africa, otherwise I'd make a bid for captaincy myself.
detroit_red

Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: (1000)
All-game rating: (1028)
Timezone: GMT-8

Postby Stander » 11 Aug 2010, 22:24

detroit_red wrote:Sigh. I imagine there aren't seven of you up for a Team Africa, otherwise I'd make a bid for captaincy myself.

I'd play for you.
I will be running the London Marathon on 22nd April 2012 to raise funds to help disabled children and in memory of my darling wife who sadly passed away in January 2012.

To find out more or to donate please visit:- http://www.justgiving.com/BigRunningFool
Stander
Elite Sponsor
Elite Sponsor

Location: Mainly running the streets of Essex, getting wet, cold and bloody miserable.
Timezone: GMT

Postby echotwo » 12 Aug 2010, 00:12

Stander wrote:
detroit_red wrote:Sigh. I imagine there aren't seven of you up for a Team Africa, otherwise I'd make a bid for captaincy myself.

I'd play for you.

So would I, actually.
echotwo

Timezone: GMT

Next

Return to Diplomacy World Cup [FIN]