Multiple Convoy

Question about the rules of the game? Experienced Diplomacy veterans will help you! There is also a Common Questions section.
Forum rules
In addition to the general Forum Guidelines (see here: http://www.playdiplomacy.com/forum/view ... 30&t=15441), there are additional rules for posting in this forum.
1. Members should not refer directly to a specific situation in an active game. It is usually possible to provide an example of a similar situation elsewhere on the board.
2. It follows that links, images, game name and/or number should not be added to a post if the game is active.
3. Questions should only request rules be clarified and not request advice about how to resolve a situation.
4. When answering a question, members should restrict themselves to answering the question and not give advice on how to get around the situation.
Posts which break these rules will be subject to editing or removal; see here: http://www.playdiplomacy.com/forum/view ... 13&t=42845

Multiple Convoy

Postby Dar Krum » 30 May 2008, 21:01

I want, for example, to Convoy Norway to Brest through the North Sea and English Channel.

Question:
Should the orders look like this:
Norway move to Brest
North Sea Convoy Norway to ENGLISH CHANNEL
English Channel Convoy Norway to Brest

OR

Norway move to Brest
North Sea Convoy Norway to BREST

I really don't want to mess this order up as I am about to make a stab and messing up may be the end of me.

Thanks.
Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been,...If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods,...will have lived a noble life and live on in the memories of your loved ones. - Marcus Aurelius
Dar Krum

Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: (1164)
All-game rating: (1115)
Timezone: GMT-4

Re: Multiple Convoy

Postby zman » 30 May 2008, 21:15

Norway move to Brest
North Sea Convoy Norway to BREST

This is how it should look here. However, if you play by email using the judges it take a different format (which I won't go into here to avoid confusion).
zman

Class: Diplomat
All-game rating: (1000)
Timezone: GMT-5

Postby Dar Krum » 31 May 2008, 00:58

Thank you very much!
Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been,...If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods,...will have lived a noble life and live on in the memories of your loved ones. - Marcus Aurelius
Dar Krum

Postby Dar Krum » 01 Jun 2008, 01:07

And thanks again! The orders were processed and the stab looked very nice. From where I am sitting anyway.

The stab was actually on Italy by Turkey. The struggle in Turkey is just beginning, but the stab certainly gives me the early advantage by sipping wine next to the Vatican in Rome.
Dar Krum

Return to Diplomacy Rules Questions