Gascony to Spain with a boat

Question about the rules of the game? Experienced Diplomacy veterans will help you! There is also a Common Questions section.
Forum rules
In addition to the general Forum Guidelines (see here: http://www.playdiplomacy.com/forum/view ... 30&t=15441), there are additional rules for posting in this forum.
1. Members should not refer directly to a specific situation in an active game. It is usually possible to provide an example of a similar situation elsewhere on the board.
2. It follows that links, images, game name and/or number should not be added to a post if the game is active.
3. Questions should only request rules be clarified and not request advice about how to resolve a situation.
4. When answering a question, members should restrict themselves to answering the question and not give advice on how to get around the situation.
Posts which break these rules will be subject to editing or removal; see here: http://www.playdiplomacy.com/forum/view ... 13&t=42845

Gascony to Spain with a boat

Postby Sach » 21 May 2008, 21:28

Hi

Could anyone please tell me, I have a boat in Gascony and I wish to take Spain next turn. Is this possible? I should be moving to north coast of Spain right? Also, does it make a difference if there is an enemy fleet in the mid-atlantic?
Sach

Class: Diplomat
All-game rating: (1000)
Timezone: GMT

Re: Gascony to Spain with a boat

Postby mdmuff » 21 May 2008, 22:00

From Gascony you can only move to the North Coast of Spain. It makes no difference if there is a fleet in the MAO or not.
Don't argue with an idiot; people watching may not be able to tell the difference.

Ham & Eggs: A days work for a chicken; a lifetime commitment for a pig.
mdmuff

Timezone: GMT-6

Postby idoido » 21 May 2008, 22:50

I guess it makes a difference only in the sense that he can also move to Spain and therefor bounce you out of it.
idoido

Location: Vienna, Austria (where the beer is even better than in Cheshire!)
Timezone: GMT+1

Postby Diplomat » 21 May 2008, 23:22

Barring other problems, you can only get to Spain NC from Gascony with your fleet, then you could go to Port, and then to Spain SC and from there to Marseilles. Spain and Bulgaria and St. Petersburg are the only territories on the board like that, with distinct coasts that you occupy as a fleet.
Avatar courtesy of TheCraw. Many Thanks.
Diplomat

Timezone: GMT-8

Return to Diplomacy Rules Questions