Page 1 of 1

Posting Image in Public Press

PostPosted: 30 Apr 2020, 17:31
by Tarsier
Not a rules question, of course, but I wasn't sure where else to post it:

It's been a while since I posted an image in the public press of the game. My attempt to do so has failed. Any guidance?

Re: Posting Image in Public Press

PostPosted: 30 Apr 2020, 17:54
by Jack007
[image]url[/image]

Re: Posting Image in Public Press

PostPosted: 30 Apr 2020, 22:29
by Tarsier
Jack007 wrote:[image]url[/image]



That's what I did, but upon reflection I think I may have been trying to post a gif, so that may have been the issue.

Re: Posting Image in Public Press

PostPosted: 30 Apr 2020, 22:58
by Jack007
Tarsier wrote:
Jack007 wrote:[image]url[/image]

That's what I did, but upon reflection I think I may have been trying to post a gif, so that may have been the issue.


No, that's not the reason, I just tested it with a gif: it works.

Maybe you tried anonymous posting?

Re: Posting Image in Public Press

PostPosted: 30 Apr 2020, 23:40
by Tarsier
Jack007 wrote:
No, that's not the reason, I just tested it with a gif: it works.

Maybe you tried anonymous posting?


No, I almost never post anonymously, and did not here either. I might even put the game number in here so someone can tell me if I did something wrong, because I literally copied and pasted the command as one would use it to post an image in these forums.

Re: Posting Image in Public Press

PostPosted: 30 Apr 2020, 23:58
by Jack007
Tarsier wrote:
Jack007 wrote:
No, that's not the reason, I just tested it with a gif: it works.

Maybe you tried anonymous posting?


No, I almost never post anonymously, and did not here either. I might even put the game number in here so someone can tell me if I did something wrong, because I literally copied and pasted the command as one would use it to post an image in these forums.


Nooo, that's the reason: here it is "(img)(/img)" (with squared paranthesis), there it must be "[image][/image]". Do you see the difference?

Re: Posting Image in Public Press

PostPosted: 01 May 2020, 03:51
by Tarsier
Jack007 wrote:
Tarsier wrote:
Jack007 wrote:
No, that's not the reason, I just tested it with a gif: it works.

Maybe you tried anonymous posting?


No, I almost never post anonymously, and did not here either. I might even put the game number in here so someone can tell me if I did something wrong, because I literally copied and pasted the command as one would use it to post an image in these forums.


Nooo, that's the reason: here it is "(img)(/img)" (with squared paranthesis), there it must be "[image][/image]". Do you see the difference?


Yes! Thanks!