Declaring Victory

Question about the rules of the game? Experienced Diplomacy veterans will help you! There is also a Common Questions section.
Forum rules
In addition to the general Forum Guidelines (see here: http://www.playdiplomacy.com/forum/view ... 30&t=15441), there are additional rules for posting in this forum.
1. Members should not refer directly to a specific situation in an active game. It is usually possible to provide an example of a similar situation elsewhere on the board.
2. It follows that links, images, game name and/or number should not be added to a post if the game is active.
3. Questions should only request rules be clarified and not request advice about how to resolve a situation.
4. When answering a question, members should restrict themselves to answering the question and not give advice on how to get around the situation.
Posts which break these rules will be subject to editing or removal; see here: http://www.playdiplomacy.com/forum/view ... 13&t=42845

Declaring Victory

Postby Knorrstad » 20 May 2008, 16:52

This is a site mechanics question. I'm in a game right now allied with England (I'm Germany) and we have a combined 19 SCs. He offered me a split victory, which I saw displayed under the Statistics screen. I didn't see any button to accept his proposal, so I offered him victory as well. Turns out that this creates a separate proposal, which he accepted. I guess he stopped monitoring the game, because when I asked the proper way to do this, he didn't respond. Coming out of this, I have 2 questions.

1) How do you accept a proposed combined victory?
2) When does this process? Turkey voted against us, but Italy is listed as not responded. The vote expires in the Fall of this year (one year after we held the necessary centers and the proposals were sent). Is it waiting for Italy even though England and I have enough votes between us and have both accepted, or is there something else going on?

Game name is "2 Days Turns, Active Players Wanted" if that helps anyone answer this.

Thanks
Knorrstad

Class: Diplomat
Standard rating: (1019)
All-game rating: (1020)
Timezone: GMT-6

Re: Declaring Victory

Postby mdmuff » 20 May 2008, 17:15

Caelus wrote:1) How do you accept a proposed combined victory?

There will be two button options, "Accept" "Deny", you click on accept to accept. If one person rejects the proposal, nobody else can vote on the proposal as it needs a unanimous (sp?) vote to go through.

2) When does this process? Turkey voted against us, but Italy is listed as not responded. The vote expires in the Fall of this year (one year after we held the necessary centers and the proposals were sent). Is it waiting for Italy even though England and I have enough votes between us and have both accepted, or is there something else going on?

See above. A proposal must have all remaining members vote to accept the draw.
Don't argue with an idiot; people watching may not be able to tell the difference.

Ham & Eggs: A days work for a chicken; a lifetime commitment for a pig.
mdmuff

All-game rating: (1000)

Postby Knorrstad » 20 May 2008, 22:09

So to win we need to totally eliminate the remaining players?
Knorrstad

Postby behnam » 20 May 2008, 22:22

Caelus wrote:So to win we need to totally eliminate the remaining players?

no...everyone else should just accept the draw proposal. If they refuse to accept the draw, then you will either have to convince them, or eliminate them, and then propose a new draw.
nil desperandum ; sempre vincenti

behnam

Standard rating: (975)
All-game rating: (978)
Timezone: GMT

Postby mdmuff » 20 May 2008, 23:01

What behnam said. Or you can gain the 18 centers needed for a solo victory and then there is no voting...
Don't argue with an idiot; people watching may not be able to tell the difference.

Ham & Eggs: A days work for a chicken; a lifetime commitment for a pig.
mdmuff

Postby Knorrstad » 20 May 2008, 23:10

Gotcha. Guess we'll need to spend some more time beating up on Turkey.
Knorrstad

Postby Diplomat » 21 May 2008, 06:31

Anyone with a valid center or army on the map and reject a draw, even if your alliance clearly owns them.
Avatar courtesy of TheCraw. Many Thanks.
Diplomat

Timezone: GMT-8

Return to Diplomacy Rules Questions