The X Next to the Orders

Question about the rules of the game? Experienced Diplomacy veterans will help you! There is also a Common Questions section.
Forum rules
In addition to the general Forum Guidelines (see here: http://www.playdiplomacy.com/forum/view ... 30&t=15441), there are additional rules for posting in this forum.
1. Members should not refer directly to a specific situation in an active game. It is usually possible to provide an example of a similar situation elsewhere on the board.
2. It follows that links, images, game name and/or number should not be added to a post if the game is active.
3. Questions should only request rules be clarified and not request advice about how to resolve a situation.
4. When answering a question, members should restrict themselves to answering the question and not give advice on how to get around the situation.
Posts which break these rules will be subject to editing or removal; see here: http://www.playdiplomacy.com/forum/view ... 13&t=42845

The X Next to the Orders

Postby lunahq7 » 17 May 2008, 06:29

^.^

I've been told that the X thing next to each of the orders allows us to delete that order. Is this true? I have not been able to get it to work, and I'd thought that with the strictness of the board game, that changing your orders in the middle of a turn would not be allowed...

John B.
lunahq7

Class: Diplomat
All-game rating: (1000)
Timezone: GMT-7

Re: The X Next to the Orders

Postby behnam » 17 May 2008, 08:12

If you click on the (X), the order will be removed. You can also change your order by simply selecting the unit in question and giving it a new order. Your old order will be replaced.

You are not really changing your order in the middle of the turn. The orders are not processed until the deadline, so there are no issues with changing your order before the deadline. You can change as many times as you want.
nil desperandum ; sempre vincenti

behnam

Standard rating: (975)
All-game rating: (978)
Timezone: GMT

Postby Master Radishes » 18 May 2008, 08:58

Those Xs are actually the control panel operating the entire nuclear missile launch system in the United States. Press them in the right combination, and 6000 nuclear warheads will be launched at various Russian cities and military bases.
Master Radishes

Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: (1000)
All-game rating: (1071)

Postby Grumpy » 18 May 2008, 11:36

Master Radishes wrote:Those Xs are actually the control panel operating the entire nuclear missile launch system in the United States. Press them in the right combination, and 6000 nuclear warheads will be launched at various Russian cities and military bases.

Once again the Americans target our friends instead of our enemies.

We need those 6000 warheads to destroy the French. :twisted:
"First things first, but not necessarily in that order."

The Doctor.
Grumpy

Postby Master Radishes » 19 May 2008, 00:09

The French? I was thinking more the Chinese - not only will this mean America becomes the biggest economic power in the world again, but it will also serve as population control - one billion less mouths to feed. Also, the real estate market will boom over there...in a few decades, once radiation subsides. People will want to snatch up all the free land, right?

The one downside would be figuring out where the hell we can move the Olympics to on such short notice.
Master Radishes

Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: (1000)
All-game rating: (1071)

Postby dakka » 19 May 2008, 02:20

Moving the Olympics on short notice is tricky, too. I mean, there aren't too many countries where sports like Citizen Pong, played with armoured vehicles, is even legal. :shock:

Perhaps Switzerland would be a better target. Nobody's neutral for that long without being up to something. Besides, it makes for a more realistic reason why I can't invade it in Diplomacy games.

evil dakka
dakka

Timezone: GMT-5

Return to Diplomacy Rules Questions